BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #45
one-35
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
The second cup holder and the almost useless left side vent. Other than that, it rocks.
Not really 'useless'. Put a small plastic cup in the 2nd (obstructed) cup holder and voila! ...you have a disposable trash container.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #46
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

CR helped me confirm that a german made washer/dryer was worth looking at. Spoke to 2 sales ppl and both confirmed Miele was the way to go. I was temped by the LG steam etc... But in the end Miele is amazing... I am now just waiting to buy a BMW GINA so I can wash the skin in my washer... The Miela even has internet hookup capability. Plus Yoda likes the spin cycle... BTW I wonder in GINA will be electric? Hmmm maybe it's not so far fetched that the Meila and GINA can share notes?

As for the review, any1 that says the 1 is 1, is the 1! After all we all have 1 right?

BTW as for the cup holder, I thought that armrest one was a green option to crush the cup after you were done. That way I can double my starbucks latte cups in the recycle bin.

EspressoBoy
FYI I am joking...*smirk*
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #47
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-35 View Post
Not really 'useless'. Put a small plastic cup in the 2nd (obstructed) cup holder and voila! ...you have a disposable trash container.
or one of these coin holders...

http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/pr...s.asp?id=25307
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #48
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #49
roldan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

^^

Although on our cars the manual is rated 17/25 while the step is 18/26.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #50
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
CR helped me confirm that a german made washer/dryer was worth looking at. Spoke to 2 sales ppl and both confirmed Miele was the way to go. I was temped by the LG steam etc... But in the end Miele is amazing... I am now just waiting to buy a BMW GINA so I can wash the skin in my washer... The Miela even has internet hookup capability. Plus Yoda likes the spin cycle... BTW I wonder in GINA will be electric? Hmmm maybe it's not so far fetched that the Meila and GINA can share notes?

As for the review, any1 that says the 1 is 1, is the 1! After all we all have 1 right?

BTW as for the cup holder, I thought that armrest one was a green option to crush the cup after you were done. That way I can double my starbucks latte cups in the recycle bin.

EspressoBoy
FYI I am joking...*smirk*
I own a Miele washer and dryer. Had them for over 4 years. Top of the line stuff. Great thing about Miele is that they guarantee to have factory replacement parts for a minimum of 18 years after they discontinue the dryer. I opened the hood on the washer one time just to see what it looks like inside and it is a beautiful piece of engineering...all the cables are neatly routed, everything was stainless steel, heavy duty everything, and almost no use of plastic.

Plus, my clothes have been lasting sooo much longer because it is very gentle. That way I save money for more performance parts :biggrin:

Plus finally, it saves money on electricity, water, and you never need to use bleach again because you can boil your clothes to remove stains.

Make sure you use Persil detergent (non foaming). I used Tide one time and there were suds everywhere

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #51
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

I have a Miele dishwasher. The best one I have ever had. So quiet, efficient and cleans incredibly well.

Now, back on topic, the article above is interesting as the newest generation of autos have better fuel economy than manuals. Our car is an example, so is the A5/S5 from Audi.

You have to figure now that autos have the same number and sometimes more gears than manuals that this would happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #52
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

You know what's funny. Mom says ok nice car. But the washer/dryer? LOL need I say more? Same with guests from 1/2 way around the globe!!! They like to just watch it for 5 to 10 minutes.

I totally agree, I also own a Miele vaccum. Amazing! If anyone is reading this and thinks of getting another brand; don't! Also get Miele to install. Do not get the store to do it. My pedistal plastic clips that hold the drawer face plate were broken, because they rushed it. It took Miele like a month to get the parts from Germany. I got like 5 little bags because the Canadian staff in my opinion are not as well trained as they should be. Anyway, the Washer/Dryer is truely amazing. Oh and I opted for the Gas dryer and I am sooo glad I did... As for Persil, it's damn $$$$ like running your car on 94. Something like 42 bucks a box. Mine is almost out. It will take the colour out, so use the Persil for colours... hay wait, am I getting off topic or what? LOL BTW I don't work for Miele... but I should

EspressoBoy

PS
Funny thing is... nobody has ever asked me about my nick... if you think I am crazy for quality in cars/washer/dryer... ask about what is a good espresso machine for the home!!! ca-ching ca-ching and there is no going back once you have tried this coffee!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #53
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
thank you !

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #54
1Serious
Rep
Drives:

... in PDF format
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1er Consumer Reports.pdf (590.1 KB, 192 views)
More 135i at http://gallery.me.com/pguild8#100022
Appreciate 0