BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Selling a Leased Car

So currently I have a 2013 135i. I have already ordered an f80 M3. It looks like it will be arriving in April, leaving me with 3 payments on my 135i. (435 x 3) = 1,305.

Currently my payoff quote is $29,139.71 plus $1,798.20 in taxes making it $30,934.91.

If I were to take my car to carmax and they offered me $29,000, would their amount be 29,139.71 since they are a dealer and don't pay taxes, leaving me with a payment of $139.71?

Also, as a second option, could I post my car on autotrader or another website advertising my payoff quote and having someone else buyout the car? I know there are lease take over websites but I'm at the limit of my miles and very little months left on the lease so I don't think anyone would take it over.

Any suggestions on what I could do would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE View Post
So currently I have a 2013 135i. I have already ordered an f80 M3. It looks like it will be arriving in April, leaving me with 3 payments on my 135i. (435 x 3) = 1,305.

Currently my payoff quote is $29,139.71 plus $1,798.20 in taxes making it $30,934.91.

If I were to take my car to carmax and they offered me $29,000, would their amount be 29,139.71 since they are a dealer and don't pay taxes, leaving me with a payment of $139.71?

Also, as a second option, could I post my car on autotrader or another website advertising my payoff quote and having someone else buyout the car? I know there are lease take over websites but I'm at the limit of my miles and very little months left on the lease so I don't think anyone would take it over.

Any suggestions on what I could do would be greatly appreciated.
take the carmax offer and RUN! seriously......do it.

i traded in my leased 2013 135is for my 1M to a BMW dealer. I haggled for weeks and finally got to a situation where i still lost some money but it wasn't toooooo bad....but i still lost much more than $139.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
take the carmax offer and RUN! seriously......do it.

i traded in my leased 2013 135is for my 1M to a BMW dealer. I haggled for weeks and finally got to a situation where i still lost some money but it wasn't toooooo bad....but i still lost much more than $139.
Well I could lose 139 or 1900. My question is really if carmax has to pay taxes or not on the payoff. If they don't pay taxes, I walk away with only paying 139. If they pay the taxes, I'll owe 1900.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
Nemco
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is #361/586

BMW currently has a promotion to turn in a leased car up to six months early if you're buying or leasing a new one.

Your dealer should be able to hook you up and take your car back early, and BMW Corporate pays for it.

Small print:

1 This loyalty payment waiver offer is valid only for qualified customers who turn in their existing financed or new lease Model Year 2011, 2012 or 2013 BMW vehicle (excluding M Series, Alpina and i3 and i8 vehicles) that are subject to either an existing OwnersChoice or an existing 24- to 60-month BMW Financial Services, LLC (“BMW FS”) lease contract maturing between February 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015, and who also lease or finance a new or Certified Pre-Owned BMW vehicle through BMW FS by no later than June 30, 2015. Offer does not apply to the final payment due at maturity of the existing eligible OwnersChoice or lease contract when the existing vehicle is turned in, but applies to no more than [6]of the scheduled monthly payments due before the final payment that have not yet come due and have not yet been paid on the existing contract. Existing eligible OwnersChoice or lease contract must be in good standing and may not be past due or otherwise in default. This offer does not include pre-paid leases. To qualify for this offer, an existing OwnersChoice financed vehicle must be turned in (sold) pursuant and subject to all applicable terms and conditions of the OwnersChoice contract; customer is responsible for any remaining balance due. All new lease and finance contracts are subject to credit approval; not all customers will qualify. Offer is non-transferable and ends June 30, 2015. See your participating BMW Center for details. This offer is only available at BMW Centers participating in the Full Circle program.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
XRAVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemco View Post
BMW currently has a promotion to turn in a leased car up to six months early if you're buying or leasing a new one.

Your dealer should be able to hook you up and take your car back early, and BMW Corporate pays for it.

Small print:

1 This loyalty payment waiver offer is valid only for qualified customers who turn in their existing financed or new lease Model Year 2011, 2012 or 2013 BMW vehicle (excluding M Series, Alpina and i3 and i8 vehicles) that are subject to either an existing OwnersChoice or an existing 24- to 60-month BMW Financial Services, LLC (“BMW FS”) lease contract maturing between February 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015, and who also lease or finance a new or Certified Pre-Owned BMW vehicle through BMW FS by no later than June 30, 2015. Offer does not apply to the final payment due at maturity of the existing eligible OwnersChoice or lease contract when the existing vehicle is turned in, but applies to no more than [6]of the scheduled monthly payments due before the final payment that have not yet come due and have not yet been paid on the existing contract. Existing eligible OwnersChoice or lease contract must be in good standing and may not be past due or otherwise in default. This offer does not include pre-paid leases. To qualify for this offer, an existing OwnersChoice financed vehicle must be turned in (sold) pursuant and subject to all applicable terms and conditions of the OwnersChoice contract; customer is responsible for any remaining balance due. All new lease and finance contracts are subject to credit approval; not all customers will qualify. Offer is non-transferable and ends June 30, 2015. See your participating BMW Center for details. This offer is only available at BMW Centers participating in the Full Circle program.
My car is actually due in December so the 6 month pull ahead would be in June. If I turn in the car early April, I will be responsible still for 3 payments.

That's why I'm trying to see how the selling to car max or another 3rd party would work.
Appreciate 0