BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

WTB 6M 128i 2011 or newer, low miles, leather, prefer M Sport or at least Sport Seats

I have way too many cars so it is pretty stupid to be considering buying another one, but for the moment I'm considering adding a late model low mileage 128i to my "stable." My interest is mainly because this will be the last naturally aspirated 6-cylinder small coupe ever made by BMW. But, I don't need this car, and in fact I already have a 1M. I can always wait another year or two or three to pick one of these up as they are not rare and don't seem to be in high demand as used cars.

The car would probably have to have an external color other than black; black cars get hot inside in the summer and I already have one which is enough :-)

Manual transmission only. Leather interior only, prefer light color. Car needs to be in good shape. Prefer M-Sport package or at least sports seats.

I am located in Idaho so long distance shipping from east of Denver would be a negative, although perhaps surmountable.

6M 128i's don't seem to be selling very quickly on the usual sites, so if you have such a well cared vehicle you would like to sell to a fellow forum member at a good price, let me know. One plus is that I would not need financing.

Thanks.

Last edited by champignon; 07-15-2015 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Wanted to make clear this is WTB not for Sale
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
syd53
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i coupe

I have a car for sale, described in a post on this page. It's what you are looking for except no sport seats.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 05:46 AM   #3
128GP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 328i 6sp RWD M Sport

there are 900+ 128's on cars.com, exactly 3 of those are 6 speed msport coupes. they are more rare than you think
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
hokejka
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Past: 135i 6mt

mentioned twice how its not rare and not exactly a special car then you add why its rare and unique as its the last NA to be available?

typical second bmw buyer, wants something rare unique and well cared but only for a bargain. a piece of advice , if youre going to play the youre cars not that rare card stick to it and dont contradict yourself within your own post.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #5
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokejka View Post
mentioned twice how its not rare and not exactly a special car then you add why its rare and unique as its the last NA to be available?

typical second bmw buyer, wants something rare unique and well cared but only for a bargain. a piece of advice , if youre going to play the youre cars not that rare card stick to it and dont contradict yourself within your own post.
It is what it is, and it is what I said. I currently own 3 BMWs, plus another I am trying to get rid of that I have not mentioned, plus have owned 2 in the past likely before you were born.

The 128 has a couple of things going for it, but basically it is that the car is fairly modern and has some of the attributes of older BMWs from the past. But would I go chasing one for a high price when there are so many "naturally aspirated" old manual transmission BMWs out there that no one wants in the resale market?

NO I WOULD NOT.

If the choice would be a 128i for $23,000 vs. a well cared for E46 M3, for example, at around the same price? The decision makes itself. I'd buy and will likely buy, the M3.

Or maybe I won't buy anything as I already have 4 keeper cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #6
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128GP View Post
there are 900+ 128's on cars.com, exactly 3 of those are 6 speed msport coupes. they are more rare than you think

That's a really incomplete list. I can tell you that there are many times that many 6M 128is for sale. Check Autotrader, Craigslist, cargurus, ebay, dealer websites, etc. if you want the whole list. The problem is that many of them don't interest me because they don't have the criteria I would want (for example, don't want a SULEV engine, don't want plastic upholstery, etc. etc.)

But, in all honesty, I'm about done looking for one of these things because it is not all that special for what it is, and there are tons of other slightly older cars with many of the same attributes that you could pick up for half the price.

Or, spend the same money and get a nice vintage M3. With that choice, I'm starting again to look at M3s, or maybe just can the whole exercise and come back to it in 6 or 12 months.
Appreciate 0