BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2008, 04:01 AM   #23
Bullitt
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
^ Not sure...couldn't find any locator yet.

I should add that V-KOOL may be a superior performer but is metallic-based and may cause interference with mobile devices. However, this may not be a drawback for those who have built-in NAV and a phone adapter to use the external antenna for calls.

I may end up applying a V-KOOL to the windshield and front sides and 3M Crystalline to the rear sides and rear window...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #24
RJ BMW128i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 128i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10276

This thread that my brother started has pics of all my cars. At the time these were taken it had both the old and new tint on it.

1. It may be a bit more purple than SGM, but it doesn't look purple most of the time. Honestly, it isn't bad at all.
2. No shrinkage what so ever.
3. The dot matrix is not too bad, although I need to work on the passenger side a bit. The thicker the tint, the harder it will be for the dot matrix to look right. Huper would be way too thick for it to look good (just an example).
4. I don't have any polarized sunglasses so I am not too sure. I can look
5. Here is a pic before I had everything switched to the same tint. So for reference, the driver's window is NEW crystalline and the quarter window is OLD crystalline.
What % tint is on your white 1 series and what is the difference between the "new" versus old Crystalline tint? How would I know which one my local shop is using?
RJ
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
RJ BMW128i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 128i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10276

This thread that my brother started has pics of all my cars. At the time these were taken it had both the old and new tint on it.

1. It may be a bit more purple than SGM, but it doesn't look purple most of the time. Honestly, it isn't bad at all.
2. No shrinkage what so ever.
3. The dot matrix is not too bad, although I need to work on the passenger side a bit. The thicker the tint, the harder it will be for the dot matrix to look right. Huper would be way too thick for it to look good (just an example).
4. I don't have any polarized sunglasses so I am not too sure. I can look
5. Here is a pic before I had everything switched to the same tint. So for reference, the driver's window is NEW crystalline and the quarter window is OLD crystalline.
What % tint is on your white 1-series and what is the difference between the old and the new Crystalline film? How could I tell the whether or not my local shop has the old versus the new film?
RJ
Appreciate 0