DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Coupe VO!

Loss of boost.

Hello 1M addicts,
I hope everyone is keeping well.
I just received my 1M from my dealership after getting a major service at 43,000 kms. They changed the spark plugs, engine oil, oil filter and some other engine stuff.

I was a bit apprehensive about the service as this is the first time they will open up the engine. (my mechanical experience is limited). I drove it to Dubai from AlAin, the car felt very zippy and it felt smoother than before. After shutting it down and letting it cool down for several hours I ran some errands and to my surprise the car lost all its oomph.

I started hearing a very exaggerated blow off valve noise. I popped the hood and I could feel a very hot jet stream coming from the left side of the engine bay. My traditional emirati dress was getting pulled and sucked by lower lip of the car. On heavy acceleration I hear a huge blow of air under the hood, the car's rpm is very slow and lacks the monster acceleration it had.

I think the service guys have missed placing an O ring, or i blew up something. It was not even under spirited driving. Has anyone experienced such a thing? Is this normal with the n54 and the n54t engine setups?

This is my first free weekend and my poor baby is sick. I will be taking it back to the service people and telling them that they did such a wonderful job servicing my car.

Kind Regards,

Shimmy

Weekend Beast: 2012 Audi R8 GT Frozen White #281/333
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Another corner of the World, another misery at the hands of official BMW services, what can I say, we suffer globally brother. Hope they will fix whatever they did wrong this time over without ruining something else.

Sometimes I think that the World is ruled by Jerry Lewis, in character.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quite troubling to read what you experience.

Did the on-board computer on the dash/SATNAV show any warning (engine into limp mode) ?

Check also issues #5a, #5b and #5c of the 1M issues log sticky:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...27&postcount=1

By the way, did your 1M get serviced around 30K kms too (second service) ?

Here's the service schedule boxed together by forum fellow crumbelieve (USA) on the basis of the BMW Service Information Bulletin as of January 2012 (SI B00 01 10) (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...87&postcount=5)

Name:  1M_Service_Guide.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  65.7 KB
      07-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Coupe VO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Charge pipe popped off. Probably nothing to do with the service.
Thank you for the prompt replies my fellow 1Maddicts. Spot on diagnosis. The charge pipe has been damaged. The dealership doesn't have it in stock and has ordered one from Germany. No 1M till then .

Thank you once more for the replies. I can't wait to get back on the road!

Ozinaldo: yeah man. The dealership told me it has nothing to do with the service.

Artemis: no check engine or faults at all. It just went poof. Everything has been done on time and according to the service schedule. I guess it is the 47c heat

Weekend Beast: 2012 Audi R8 GT Frozen White #281/333
Appreciate 0