BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Question My CP-E Exhaust and the Crazy Neighbor

So here is the story... This crazy bitch lives in my development and has complained about my exhaust......and called the police this morning! She is nuts, I have driven past her and she gives me the finger. My brother has an 06 Civic Si with exhaust and he drove by her while she was walking her "dog" and she followed him home and "inspected" his car and stared in the window of our house for a few minutes....again, she's nuts. She has yelled at other people because their dog pissed on a fence.....thats on the development property! not even her property! She's looking for things to bitch about.

Anyways, now that you have the back story, here is my dilemma...I leave my house at 6am every morning for work, sometimes I'm in a rush to catch the train...my dad called me this morning and said that the police came to the house and said there were complaints of speeding and loud exhaust...on a silver BMW (my car is space gray bitch! haha). My dad said, to the cop, who was really cool and nice, that it was probably one complaint and he knows who it is....how else would they know our house...he explained the situtaion and that this woman is crazy.. the cop said, i understand, but we now have to watch.

So my question is, will a resonator work to quiet and settle down my exhaust a little? I have the CP-E full turboback exhaust......catless DPs and no resonator.....so it is loud The long story probably wasn't neccessary, but I had to vent
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
JN2009
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
So here is the story... This crazy bitch lives in my development and has complained about my exhaust......and called the police this morning! She is nuts, I have driven past her and she gives me the finger. My brother has an 06 Civic Si with exhaust and he drove by her while she was walking her "dog" and she followed him home and "inspected" his car and stared in the window of our house for a few minutes....again, she's nuts. She has yelled at other people because their dog pissed on a fence.....thats on the development property! not even her property! She's looking for things to bitch about.

Anyways, now that you have the back story, here is my dilemma...I leave my house at 6am every morning for work, sometimes I'm in a rush to catch the train...my dad called me this morning and said that the police came to the house and said there were complaints of speeding and loud exhaust...on a silver BMW (my car is space gray bitch! haha). My dad said, to the cop, who was really cool and nice, that it was probably one complaint and he knows who it is....how else would they know our house...he explained the situtaion and that this woman is crazy.. the cop said, i understand, but we now have to watch.

So my question is, will a resonator work to quiet and settle down my exhaust a little? I have the CP-E full turboback exhaust......catless DPs and no resonator.....so it is loud The long story probably wasn't neccessary, but I had to vent
Why pay for something you will not like ?? Stay like this and reduce your speed.That what the police don't like the most.Anyway this you know I'im sure.Good luck with your Shemale !
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
treetirdy5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 MTech 135 & 2009 335i

when leaving just go 1 - 2 - 5 thats the easiest way... and atleast let it warm up... I know its difficult sometimes LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Just let her be, my brother bought a bobcat and 30 dump truck loads of dirt and built a motocross track in part of my parents yard. He and his buddies ride during day light on 250 2-strokes. Everyone is fine but one and file complaints, police were cool and told them that as long as it is with in day hours then its fine. They just kept filing complaints and calling the police, what you should take away is to let them bitch and call the police, as long as you are respectful to them and she is not they will get tired of her very quickly and then you are in the clear.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN2009 View Post
Why pay for something you will not like ?? Stay like this and reduce your speed.That what the police don't like the most.Anyway this you know I'im sure.Good luck with your Shemale !
Thats my thinking too, but I think the resonator might be worth it...sometimes I do feel like its too loud. Plus there is some drone at 2k rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetirdy5 View Post
when leaving just go 1 - 2 - 5 thats the easiest way... and atleast let it warm up... I know its difficult sometimes LOL
Yeah, actually a few weeks ago when she gave me the finger, I revved it at her but I will try 1 - 2 - 5. Ps, your user name is awesome, it took me a couple reads to get it haha
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Just let her be, my brother bought a bobcat and 30 dump truck loads of dirt and built a motocross track in part of my parents yard. He and his buddies ride during day light on 250 2-strokes. Everyone is fine but one and file complaints, police were cool and told them that as long as it is with in day hours then its fine. They just kept filing complaints and calling the police, what you should take away is to let them bitch and call the police, as long as you are respectful to them and she is not they will get tired of her very quickly and then you are in the clear.
Yeah, I have always been respectful, when I get in my car in the morning, the last thing I do is start it because I know its early and the car is loud. I put my shit in the car, buckle my seat belt and put the car in reverse all before I even start it.. but shes just one of those people that gets in everyones business and has nothing better to do other than file complaints.. by the way, I live in a "retirement community" aka 50 years old and older...so i get looks every day all day.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

i know someone, who knows someone, that maybe able to take care of her for ya
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
kill her dog, cut the head off and put it on a stick on her front lawn

that should teach her

but if you wanna get rid of the drone, why dont you check into CPE's stealth pipe? its free, you just pay for shipping back and fourth
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah, I have always been respectful, when I get in my car in the morning, the last thing I do is start it because I know its early and the car is loud. I put my shit in the car, buckle my seat belt and put the car in reverse all before I even start it.. but shes just one of those people that gets in everyones business and has nothing better to do other than file complaints.. by the way, I live in a "retirement community" aka 50 years old and older...so i get looks every day all day.
On start up without that hose connected to the exhaust (the golf tee mod thingamajig) it will be LOUD on start up...I still have stock mids at the moment and mine is loud as hell on cold-start...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
but if you wanna get rid of the drone, why dont you check into CPE's stealth pipe? its free, you just pay for shipping back and fourth
Please tell me more???? I was going to have my midpipe sent back to have resonators added. What is the Stealth pipe and what does it do? will it reduce the volume too?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro2296 View Post
i know someone, who knows someone, that maybe able to take care of her for ya
I think we might know the same someone who knows someone who knows someone who has nothing to lose
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #12
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I would just take it easy in your car, let it warm up, take your time and take your chances if you run into a cop. Don't let her win she sounds like a pest.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

Quote:
I think we might know the same someone who knows someone who knows someone who has nothing to lose
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
How are the rest of your neighbors? Any complaints from them?

Don't let a single person ruin your day. If it's just her, next time she gives you the finger, just smile really big at her. Then when she looks surprised, shift to second, drop the clutch and VTAK it!

Who knows...that sudden display of power and sheer testosterone might get her all wet inside. Then you will have made a new friend. They always say the crazy ones are the best in the sack...teeth in or out? J/k.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-04-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #15
bimmerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

+1, dont give in to a bitchass neighbor... drive quietly (shifting early, easy on the gas)....
      03-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #16
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I used to deal with complaints from neighbors like this with my old car that was wayyyy louder than your car is and I have not even heard yours yet I told them sorry this is the way the car came.lol. The real deal is the police could come and inspect your car and site you for noise violations and smog equipment, but I doubt they will. Sorry you have to deal with that and hopefully the lady will die soon Ya I know that is harsh and I don't care. Crazy idiots need to go away. Maybe the police will come and she will go Ape shit on them and they will take her away to the Puzzle Factory in a straight jacket Next time she is on your property call the police on her for trespassing.
      03-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #17
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Right in front of her house sounds like a perfect spot for a Chicago meet-n-greet!
      03-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #18
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

loud...that sucker is double the volume of the stocker...i no i had the full CP-E TBE with high flow Random Technology cat on my last car for 2+years... I LOVED IT 90% OF THE TIME BUT...there were times it was just TOOOOOO LOUD, especially first thing in the morning and late at night. I remember when it was just installed and the first start up was like.....Holy shit this is loud and them leaving the dealer a old Ferrari pulled up next to me and i could not refuse....
Putting the resonator on it will tame it down only a wee bit...but you should do it...,it will still be loud and at least you are compromising a little for your neighbors....plus having it without a cat is .....smelly and bothersome to many...i live out in the woods so was no bother to anyone....but when near a cop or in a congested area...i played it cool and respectful and did not hit on the car to impress anyone...sometimes having a loud exhaust and driving it mellow when needed goes a long way in the community you live...hit on it and make it roar will end up kicking you in ass and making you look like a bad ass....let the car rip and roar at the right time, at the right place and you will get lots of respect from all...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
How are the rest of your neighbors? Any complaints from them?
Nope, no other complaints that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
Right in front of her house sounds like a perfect spot for a Chicago meet-n-greet!
Hey, I'm down! It'd be a short ride for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
loud...that sucker is double the volume of the stocker...i no i had the full CP-E TBE with high flow Random Technology cat on my last car for 2+years... I LOVED IT 90% OF THE TIME BUT...there were times it was just TOOOOOO LOUD, especially first thing in the morning and late at night. I remember when it was just installed and the first start up was like.....Holy shit this is loud and them leaving the dealer a old Ferrari pulled up next to me and i could not refuse....
Putting the resonator on it will tame it down only a wee bit...but you should do it...,it will still be loud and at least you are compromising a little for your neighbors....plus having it without a cat is .....smelly and bothersome to many...i live out in the woods so was no bother to anyone....but when near a cop or in a congested area...i played it cool and respectful and did not hit on the car to impress anyone...sometimes having a loud exhaust and driving it mellow when needed goes a long way in the community you live...hit on it and make it roar will end up kicking you in ass and making you look like a bad ass....let the car rip and roar at the right time, at the right place and you will get lots of respect from all...
I'm probably going to send in the mid pipe for the resonators.. I've felt the exhaust is too loud at times.. I just dont want the resonators to make it too quiet again. I'm still interested in what exactly that stealth pipe does. I know it reduces drone, but what about volume?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Mutilator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 135i

I posted in the other cp-e thread too but the stealth pipe will make the exhaust quieter than the resonators will. I had the resonated cp-e exhaust on my car for over 20K miles and had the stealth pipe put on last week. I'm giving it a few days of driving so I can get a good feel for it before I post up a review. I'm also going to try to get someone else to drive the car so I can see what other people hear.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #21
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yes the stealth pipe will def quiet the exhaust down as well as taking care of the drone problem. it also serves as a third hanger for the people who had problems not lining up correctly
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #22
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Should I do the resonator AND the stealth pipe? Or would just the stealth pipe be enough to quiet it down and reduce the drone? I don't want it too quiet. But I do think its too loud sometimes. I figure if I'm sending it back for either the stealth pipe or the resonator, I might as well send both to have the resonator and the stealth pipe added. I'm curious to know what it would sound like w both. I don't think it would be too quiet since I have catless downpipes. Right?
Appreciate 0