BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
pdr1269
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6mt

ZHP Shift Knob

I'm thinking about installing the weighted ZHP shift knob and wanted to know if anyone else has done the swap. I have the stock perforated one now but I like the look and feel of the ZHP. Will this directly replace the stock knob using the leather boot? I'm not a fan of the Alcantara stuff so I'd like to use the original boot.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
newnmpr0ved
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 Honda Civic Si, 17 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdr1269
I'm thinking about installing the weighted ZHP shift knob and wanted to know if anyone else has done the swap. I have the stock perforated one now but I like the look and feel of the ZHP. Will this directly replace the stock knob using the leather boot? I'm not a fan of the Alcantara stuff so I'd like to use the original boot.
The performance knob requires the use of the alcantara boot. Unless you can somehow seperate the leather one from the factory knob.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdr1269 View Post
Will this directly replace the stock knob using the leather boot? I'm not a fan of the Alcantara stuff so I'd like to use the original boot.
You will either need a new shift boot or you will need to separate your stock knob from your stock shift boot (I have DIY on this in the DIY Forum)
Appreciate 0