BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #133
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Yeah, silver lining in the clouds. Can you disclose what they are planning on developing?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #134
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikelol View Post
Yeah, silver lining in the clouds. Can you disclose what they are planning on developing?
I probably shouldn't say too much until I talk to him more about it. One item is just a modification of something he already does for the 335i. The other, if it works out, is going to excite a lot of people on this forum. I haven't seen it done to a 1 yet and I know people will go crazy for it.

I pulled the O2 sim tonight. I hadn't gotten as far as getting the connectors out of those slider things before tonight. That was a real pain. I never found the two little pins on the bottom that are used to release the sliders. Still I managed to pop those loose. Then I ran into other issues. Nothing related to Riss's stuff though, just things went awry for me.

I still haven't installed the catch can. Stett happened to be installing one today on a 335 and while they had some concern with it being a Riss part I don't think they ran into trouble. In fact they think it's definitely a worthwhile mod. I may have them install it just to save me the hassle. I've seen how much oil can end up in the system and it's worrisome.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #135
elite
Banned
Rep
Drives: G37s

Glad things are starting to pan out for you. It sucks that you had to go in reverse to move forward. Stett will stand by his work and his dog loves some Keith.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #136
elite
Banned
Rep
Drives: G37s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I think that was already taken care of without you chiming in. We got the point from the person who actually bought the stuff, and your ranting really isn't making things any clearer.

I'm not a huge RR supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but you need to leave to the parties who actually have a vested interest here. In other words, RR, the OP, and forum members who are potential customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I am by no means a 'fanboy'. I have their catch can, catless DP's and DDV....that is it. I didn't like the design or look of the intake so guess what? I DIDNT buy it....I liked another exhaust better so guess what? I DIDN'T buy their exhaust either. If you were to put pics of their exhaust compared to others, CPE, Borla or even Maddad, the quality and look is very similar. There have been fitment issues with other exhaust systems for sure...similar things such as slight adjustments to the hangers for the exhaust. I have NEVER had an exhuast fit PERFECT...it has always taken a little adjustment to get it to sit just right. And that was from a huuuge exhaust manufacturer like Remus and Supersprint.

BTW I DO work for the Government (DOD) and can look at the numbers and realize yes there was something wrong for your friend...but saying EVERYTHING that RR does is wrong or crap quality is irresponsible and not fair to the industry.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #137
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Nice, can't wait to see what stett has for us!

I installed my RR oil catch can almost right away. I had issues getting those damn hose connectors off but I'm sure a mechanic will have no issues, and had to bend the bracket with a hammer to get it to fit right. You can definitely see it getting oil (my indicator has a small coat of oil already after 7k miles).
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #138
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite View Post

THAT was supposed to be humor? Gotta bring something better than that man!
Appreciate 0