BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #199
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
We gotta do part 2 for your car and a group video with the whole LA 1M group. It would be nuts!

Thanks Rimas

I shot this with a 5DMK2, but I will be bringing more cameras and rigging out for my next video.
What cameras do you plan on bringing out? I should receive my Black Magic Cinema Camera next week, we should do a shoot sometime! Maybe all the 1's from the bay area. I was planning on making another bimmerfest video

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #200
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979 View Post
Heres a very nice Video from a Member of 1erforum.de . I think its one of the cooles made (Private!) Videos. Maybe a little Insperation

I have seen that video before. I like it. I have a ton of ideas for the next videos. I dont usually like to fast forward any car stuff. I come from working in the bmx industry and fastfowarding tricks is a no-no. I dont want to make cars look faster in post, instead, we can make them go faster in practical by getting a larger location. Einser and I shot the video in actually a pretty small spot in an industrial zone and due to our location couldn't speed too much. we will be doing a few more videos with his car and with a few friends cars over the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
What cameras do you plan on bringing out? I should receive my Black Magic Cinema Camera next week, we should do a shoot sometime! Maybe all the 1's from the bay area. I was planning on making another bimmerfest video
Currently I own 3x Panasonic HVX200/HPX170's and a few 5D's. I will be getting a Sony FS-700, Red Scarlet or a Canon C100 this summer. I have been putting off upgrading a camera for a long time now. Its so hard, each camera that comes out meets my needs like 80%.

FS-700 - high framerates, amazing picture, future 4k upgrade - but requires adaptors to use my canon glass and ergonomics are kinda wierd.

C100- awesome picture fits my canon glass but doesnt have all the variable frame rates.

Red Scarlet - Awesome, but price and workflow are up there.

The Black Magic Cinema is a very interesting camera. I was considering one for a while. Let me know how it is when you get it.

We want to do a big 1 series shoot. Not sure if it will be up here or in LA.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #201
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes
Quote:
Heres a very nice Video from a Member of 1erforum.de . I think its one of the cooles made (Private!) Videos. Maybe a little Insperation

I have seen that video before. I like it. I have a ton of ideas for the next videos. I dont usually like to fast forward any car stuff. I come from working in the bmx industry and fastfowarding tricks is a no-no. I dont want to make cars look faster in post, instead, we can make them go faster in practical by getting a larger location. Einser and I shot the video in actually a pretty small spot in an industrial zone and due to our location couldn't speed too much. we will be doing a few more videos with his car and with a few friends cars over the summer.

Quote:
Currently I own 3x Panasonic HVX200/HPX170's and a few 5D's. I will be getting a Sony FS-700, Red Scarlet or a Canon C100 this summer. I have been putting off upgrading a camera for a long time now. Its so hard, each camera that comes out meets my needs like 80%.

FS-700 - high framerates, amazing picture, future 4k upgrade - but requires adaptors to use my canon glass and ergonomics are kinda wierd.

C100- awesome picture fits my canon glass but doesnt have all the variable frame rates.

Red Scarlet - Awesome, but price and workflow are up there.

The Black Magic Cinema is a very interesting camera. I was considering one for a while. Let me know how it is when you get it.

We want to do a big 1 series shoot. Not sure if it will be up here or in LA.
Sounds good man, either place you shoot, I will try my best to be there!

I've been shooting a little with my buddy and his scarlet, I do like the scarlet a lot, and 4K is a dream, I just recently updated my Mac Pro so I'm all set up now for raw processing, but I understand where you're coming from with the workflow being too intensive depending on what your client is demanding for the end product, plus all of the transcoding. The high frame rates however are my favorite, if I had a budget for a red I would probably get one.

Black magic doesn't have those fast frame rates, but the image quality is superb from what's been put on the web so far. It's a great compromise for pice and quality, but you will be losing out on a global sensor and faster frame rates.

Your car is looking great btw! Those wheels are going to look great in those fenders. You plan on Vargas's stage 2 in the future? That's the way I'm kind of leaning right now.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #202
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
saweeeeeeeeeeet video you made Marco!!
very impressive!

Matthew Gallop: '12 N55 Mods: JB4 Flex ISO | iCarbon DP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | Race Axleback | ST Coils | Alufelgen CS7's | iCarbon 3 fin Diffuser |
Blackline LCI | CarbonFiber Spoiler | Orion v4 AE's | 30% tint | red+blk roundels | Cyba Scoops | H-Style front Lip | WeissLicht LED Smoked Sidemarkers | Matte Grills | Coded |
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #203
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds good man, either place you shoot, I will try my best to be there!

I've been shooting a little with my buddy and his scarlet, I do like the scarlet a lot, and 4K is a dream, I just recently updated my Mac Pro so I'm all set up now for raw processing, but I understand where you're coming from with the workflow being too intensive depending on what your client is demanding for the end product, plus all of the transcoding. The high frame rates however are my favorite, if I had a budget for a red I would probably get one.

Black magic doesn't have those fast frame rates, but the image quality is superb from what's been put on the web so far. It's a great compromise for pice and quality, but you will be losing out on a global sensor and faster frame rates.

Your car is looking great btw! Those wheels are going to look great in those fenders. You plan on Vargas's stage 2 in the future? That's the way I'm kind of leaning right now.

Yeah. It all depends on your goals with filming. I know a ton of people who overbuy their gear and never use it. The Black Magic for what it is is an insanely good deal.

I actually make more money using the Panasonic than I do using the 5D's believe it or not. The panasonics are bulletproof and are great for shoot-to-document type stuff where you need long recording times. I use the 5D's more for pretty stuff. The panasonic workflow is great too.

I really do want a hybrid camera that encompasses both of their strengths. I need detachable lens camera compatible with canon, proper XLR Audio Jacks, Zebras for proper exposure setting on the fly, long recording times, variable frame rates, ND filters, etc. All of the cameras I mentioned earlier mostly meet these needs. Im not to worried about 4k as I dont plan to screen anything in a movie theater, but it would be dope to do all the re-cropping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGallop View Post
saweeeeeeeeeeet video you made Marco!!
very impressive!
Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #204
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Nice I like the video Marco. I have to watch alot of professional videos at the company I work at since we have a department that makes them for huge apartment communities. So I can definitely tell when a quality one comes up and yours is up there.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #205
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
loved the story! !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #206
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Quote:
This should Not be an offense! I just saw your nice Video and thougt i would share the other Video.

I remember Dennis Said his Video is Shot at 10mph

Cant wait to See your Video

Greetz

Marco
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #207
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

Holly cow, did not know you were doing so much to the 1er. Last I saw on your car was the diff and subframe was on the shop floor LOL.

I am starting to fell I can't show up with my 1M anymore as you guys are going so hard core with the mods.

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #208
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
Holly cow, did not know you were doing so much to the 1er. Last I saw on your car was the diff and subframe was on the shop floor LOL.

I am starting to fell I can't show up with my 1M anymore as you guys are going so hard core with the mods.
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I actually wanted to reach out to you about shooting ur M3 CSL build when you get her back. I could drive out from SF and meet u halfway. Your commitment to that car blows away our 135I conversions. Your 1M and E46 CSL Build is a dream combo.

Quote:
This should Not be an offense! I just saw your nice Video and thougt i would share the other Video.

I remember Dennis Said his Video is Shot at 10mph

Cant wait to See your Video

Greetz

Marco
No offense taken at all. I love Dennis's video and appreciate you posting it. I was stoked when I saw it. I actually watched it at work a few months ago with my co-workers. I wasn't talking down on it at all. We need more video content on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Nice I like the video Marco. I have to watch alot of professional videos at the company I work at since we have a department that makes them for huge apartment communities. So I can definitely tell when a quality one comes up and yours is up there.
Appreciate it man. We all have to meet up next time i am down south.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #209
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #210
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I actually wanted to reach out to you about shooting ur M3 CSL build when you get her back. I could drive out from SF and meet u halfway. Your commitment to that car blows away our 135I conversions. Your 1M and E46 CSL Build is a dream combo.
Clean builds are always warrant a tip of the hat. I think your car is on par with the M3 to M3 CSL build.

For the M3 I can bring it down to you for the day. Gives me a chance to hang out with the gang vs. "ok we are here let’s drive". The Misses might not like that, so if you want the 1M I would need to find a friend to drive it.

There is an old Air Force Based up here we can shoot at in Sacramento. I think I counted 47 different locations including if I get enough notice our own HUGE private hanger to shoot in. If that sounds interesting let me know and I can work on it. Any of the gang here is always welcome to crash at my place. Between my home and the family, I think i can sleep 11 people.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #211
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Clean builds are always warrant a tip of the hat. I think your car is on par with the M3 to M3 CSL build.

For the M3 I can bring it down to you for the day. Gives me a chance to hang out with the gang vs. "ok we are here let’s drive". The Misses might not like that, so if you want the 1M I would need to find a friend to drive it.

There is an old Air Force Based up here we can shoot at in Sacramento. I think I counted 47 different locations including if I get enough notice our own HUGE private hanger to shoot in. If that sounds interesting let me know and I can work on it. Any of the gang here is always welcome to crash at my place. Between my home and the family, I think i can sleep 11 people.
Mind if I join in either case?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #212
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:

God Damn California is awesome.

You car is looking mean mate. I havent seen something this nice since that guy from Toronto back in the day.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #213
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Lets do it. I would bring the truck up so I can mount the crane in the back and get some proper rolling shots. The hangar would be dope.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #214
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lets do it. I would bring the truck up so I can mount the crane in the back and get some proper rolling shots. The hangar would be dope.
OK let me get the ball rolling then. Would have to be later in the summer if that is cool with you? (others are welcome)

Between drives, getting married in May, honey moon to the UK, and helping with the bavian500 and organizing the continental wide Euro in yellowstone, my now till June is BOOKED.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #215
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK let me get the ball rolling then. Would have to be later in the summer if that is cool with you? (others are welcome)

Between drives, getting married in May, honey moon to the UK, and helping with the bavian500 and organizing the continental wide Euro in yellowstone, my now till June is BOOKED.

Ill leave this for you as a couples activity.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/experie...er-experience/

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #216
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

anytime is fine. just let me know when your ready.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #217
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ill leave this for you as a couples activity.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/experie...er-experience/
Oh that is just WRONG... Emailed them to see if they had dates in June =)

Misses said OK HEHE

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #218
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Trying not to thread jack but think you can shoot in this space HAHA. I got the all clear to use it. I just need to give them a 48 hour notice before we can get into the hanger.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #219
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Trying not to thread jack but think you can shoot in this space HAHA. I got the all clear to use it. I just need to give them a 48 hour notice before we can get into the hanger.
looks amazing. the lighting looks great. Im down!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #220
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh that is just WRONG... Emailed them to see if they had dates in June =)

Misses said OK HEHE
Ha! Right on! I did that last year with a couple buddies while I was living over there. Its a whole lotta fun.

Just dont feel bad when you stall it, because everyone does.

Ohh also pay the extra 75 quid for the videos, I didnt do that and I regret it...or just bring a gopro!

Last edited by BrokenVert; 03-20-2013 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0