BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #23
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
Yes! That's it, I love that shirt!
Thanks man! PM me if you still want one, I have a few sizes left actually...just havent posted in the FS thread yet.

Sorry to get off topic OP, resume thread haha
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #24
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
And just by reading your previous post santov, it sounds like you use higher quality methods than Mclaren F1 does.
Thanks for that! I really do take pride in my work. I'll post a few pics of some of the mistakes I've made and some samples of what crap I've seen by the other embroidery shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Flagger View Post
Just don't make it just for 135 drivers.
No problem! One of the great things about embroidery is it's easy to change designs. I have the 3.0si, which is the turd compared the the Z4M, so I promise I won't leave anybody out.

For my last batch of hoodies I offered coupe or roadster outlines, plus about 3 logo options. BUT it turned a little crazy when people started requesting different colors and extras like names and initials. I didn't charge for minor stuff, but I ended up spending too much time trying to track all the minor changes people requested. The other problem I had was people sent paypal payments without telling me their forum name, so it was a nightmare to match who got what and where it shipped. In the end I didn't make much money, but I've improved order tracking. For most of the commercial orders I do it's 3 or 4 dozen that get shipped to one place. But have 5 sizes, 2 hoodie colors, 2 car outlines, 4 logos, 3 placements, 10 colors, blah blah, each shipping to a different location? Phew the option list can get out of control really fast. [Sorry for the long answer to your question.]

For this project I'll likely offer 128/135, E82/E88 in 1-2 font options in 3-4 colors, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
I made that design (if its the one you are thinking of) http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611805

I have the full car outline as well

Santov - I would be open to working with you to designing something new for the community, PM me and we can talk about it
Sweeeeeeeeet! I love working with graphic savvy people!

PM inbound!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Few more designs

Here's a few more designs I threw together.

One thing I should note is all my designs are done in black, but most likely people will be ordering black garments. So it's time to start thinking what colors we want in the designs. Since the colors are still digital, they don't really represent what the final product looks like. The polyester thread has lots of shine to it, so while the colors are very close, they change slightly depending on the lighting (speaking of which, I just got some glow in the dark thread in).

When I did the project for the Z4 forum I bought thread that was aptly called "Atomic Red" and "Monaco Blue" and they were PERFECT matches to what I wanted.

Let me know what you think!

Appreciate 0