E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > what would you do if your dealer tricked you...

12-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #23
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Interesting situation... I was sold my car "new" off the showrrom floor, but because they had demo'd it and had almost 20 miles, they gave me an additional 90 days/3000 miles on the warranty...
I would assume you can work it out with the dealer or BMWNA.
      12-20-2005, 08:32 PM   #24
govtec
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoo085
Tell your dealer you will rochambeau him for the missing warranty period. Make sure you go first. Dealers face --->

EDIT: Sorry GKV, forgot english was your second language so you may not know this one.
Rochambeau is where you kick the dealer in the balls as hard as you can, then he kicks you in the balls as hard as he can. The first one to fall over loses. It helps if you go first.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #25
mishenka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Hey, GKVe90,
I am responding here and on the other board you posted your issue. It seems like we are all talking about it without first actually confirming that the car is in fact used (dealer's demo car). All we know so far is that you called BMW NA and they told you that the warranty started one month prior to you actually buying the car. And all of a sudden all those suspicion that the dealer screwed you up. Why don't we do two simple things to make sure we are all on the same page and not blaming the dealer for no reason.

First I suggest you scan all the paperwork you have from the sales, cover all personal info like name, address, VIN number, and simply post it here. Most of us here know thing or two about buying cars, so I am confident we can give you definitive answer about what it look like on paper - new car or used - without involving costly lawyer.

Second - you call BMW NA and ask them to send you paperwork pertaining to your vehicle and to your warranty. I am not sure how easy it will be to pull, but use your imagination. Make up some reason to make them believe you need it. This way you will no for fact that warranty period has started on such and such date.

This way you will know for sure that this is a fact and not some customer rep made a mistake and look at the wrong file and we all here talk about nothing. And even for you it is pointless go and talk to the dealer if you don't know for sure when warranty started.

mike
      12-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #26
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
I hate to hear of experiences like this. I would first do as Mishenka posted above. Then I would contact a lawyer to see if you have a legal option. Find a friend that’s an attorney to save you some up front money. If there is something illegal going on, bring your lawyer to the dealership to talk to the general manager with you.

If what happened isn’t illegal then its definitely unethical. In that case I would talk to the GM and explain you situation. Convince him it would be fair to have him pick up the cost of an extended warranty (if you plan on keeping the car past 3 years). After all you have lost out on time, some warranty and lots of aggravation.

If the GM declines any assistance I would call one of those consumer advocate newscasters that most big cities have. They love to drag high and mighty dealerships through the mud on TV for all to see.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #27
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKVe90
obLu- which form should I look at to find the "in service date" on it? I am going through all of the paperworks from the dealer, and I can't find one with that information on it.
If I do not have the original invoice from the dealer, would I be in trouble for that? I have retail installment contract, reciept of the sale, odometer disclosure statement and a tire insurance paperwork (well I know the tire insurance paperwork doesn't do anything here)

All your paperwork isnt inside a BMW envelope or folder ..? It should ALL be there.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 09:34 PM   #28
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
I can't believe this shit.

You better check with legal advice.

It is a criminal offense for a dealer selling a 'display car' without telling you in advance. Or did they give you a discount for taking their display car.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 07:58 AM   #29
GKVe90
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

I neither knew i was buying a demo car, nor got a discount from buying a demo car. I paid certain amount over invoice just like other members in this forum. I think it was around $1,000 over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #30
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoo085
Tell your dealer you will rochambeau him for the missing warranty period. Make sure you go first. Dealers face --->

EDIT: Sorry GKV, forgot english was your second language so you may not know this one.
Rochambeau is where you kick the dealer in the balls as hard as you can, then he kicks you in the balls as hard as he can. The first one to fall over loses. It helps if you go first.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #31
joony79
mOOnarchy
Rep
Drives: 330i SG

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
My dealer was BMW of manhattan and I can tell you that they are not the nicest people there...
Appreciate 0