BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #111
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

I pmed the vendor for making it $300 shipped USPS, he hasn't responded yet.....
for the people that live in Canada....let's get this going...
if some of us can make this buying it.....I am sure he can work it out
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #112
McReary
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82vette View Post
you can always return your car w/ the aftermarket intake....
Quote:
+1 on that.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #113
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
you can always return your car w/ the aftermarket intake....
What we're wondering is if installing it voids any part of, or all of, the warranty on the car, or will cause issues when regular maintenance is performed. Additionally, if returning the car with the aftermarket intake, it would obviously change the expected residual value of the car (if on lease), so that might be an issue, no?

If nobody's sure I'll go post in the ask a dealer section, probably a better place to start :P
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #114
McReary
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

yeah. I've been leasing cars my entire life, and they've never been cool about not returning the car stock as it was, because more expensive mods still reduce the residual value, and also causes a lot more problems in terms of liability and parts assurance. My general experience has been that I'd have to buy or return and pay for the authorized installation of parts to return the car back to stock. In terms of running up to a dealer and showing up for a maintenance with a shiny new intake--beats me what'll happen to the lease warranty.

Anyhow, back on topic, would like to see the $ hit the magical $300 mark.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #115
ethermal
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i sport package

For lease returns, it literally will take 15 mintues to return the car to stock to hand it in at the end of the lease.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #116
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:
I hate fedex as they charge broker fee and tax....
would you mind ship by USPS....
as long as shipped price dont exceed $300 to Canada.... I am interested
For Canada, we will definitely ship via USPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
That price seems ok, but what would it cost to ship to Australia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReary View Post
Pics would be cool ethermal. Thanks!

Julius@WHEELSTO
pmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
I'm pretty sold for this by the review and Julius's group buy price.

I PMed him. I urge others who are interested in a GB to shoot him a PM also.

EDIT:

Would I expect it to sound like this?

Quote:
for Canada, with shipping USPS, the total is $310 shipped ( USPS shipping alone is $35 on the intake)
For Austalia, with shipping by USPS, the total is $345 shipped.

Remember, all these prices are based on GB volume purchase.
What I will is open up a GB thread for you all.

06-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #117
Yuzi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

I'm fine wif $310 shipped

128i | Jet Black | Premium package | Sport package | 18" Style 263 | 6MT | Injen Intake | BMS PowerBox |SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #118
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuzi View Post
I'm fine wif $310 shipped
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270821
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #119
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, 440i GC

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
just signed up for the international list, only 1 more person required so SIGN UP 125i owners
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #120
italiantank26
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
ok guys, I installed my injen intake today, the installation was a PITA. The space is extremely tight, and making sure the clamps are tight around the intake was extremely difficult. It took three people to do the job, I'm sure you can do it with two people, and to do this by yourself would be extremely hard. Once the intake was installed it was time for a test run, and to be honest, I was not impressed at all. The intake is a lot louder than the stock intake, but the power gains were minimial, in fact, I cant even tell if there were any power gains. My stock intake, I had a K&N filter, and I cut out the charcol filter. For more information about the charcol filter delete see my previous thread. Anyways with these two small modifications, my stock intake was extremely peppy. I've noticed with the injen intake, it isn't as peppy in low rpms. Once you reach above 3k the intake provides you with a deep sound, it does sound kind of ricey, you can fix this by changing the filter with a K&N filter. But to sum everything up it does sound a lot louder, it was a PITA to install, and the HP gains were extremely minimal if none. Maybe my butt dyno isn't good enough to detect gains of 10hp and 10 tq, or maybe my small mods done to my stock intake were producing similar #s. Was this product worth 345$? Absolutely not. But with the group buy, if you can get this thing anywhere around 250$-300$, and depending on how much you value your car being louder, it is worth the money. But like I have mention twice before, do not expect to gain a lot of power with purchasing this intake. This is my review, and for any questions just ask. I haven't posted any pictures up, since there are a few pictures already posted but if you want me to post a picture I will, and a sound clip is N/A.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #121
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep

could be many reasons.... where you live (if it is hot area... you may not really the gains)
depends on your tranny.. AT or MT (MT can feel butt dyno quick)
everything installed properly..... <--- obviously
I had installed injen CAI on my rsx.... I could definitely feel the difference..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #122
italiantank26
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
could be many reasons.... where you live (if it is hot area... you may not really the gains)
depends on your tranny.. AT or MT (MT can feel butt dyno quick)
everything installed properly..... <--- obviously
I had installed injen CAI on my rsx.... I could definitely feel the difference..
My car is an AT transmission, and the weather today when tested outside is between 50-60 degrees F. So its not too hot. I'm pretty sure everything is bolted on there pretty tight, since I checked everything after my test run, and there seem to be no air leeks. Maybe the fact my car is an AT could be diminishing the effects of the intake.
I've had experiences with aftermarket intakes before also, I installed a K&N cold air intake system on my Envoy Denali, and you could definetly feel the difference, it was night and day. I believe the the 128i stock intake system is so well engineered, you will only be able to squeeze a couple extra HP out of the car by adding an aftermarket intake, since most companies including BMW can't produce more than 10hp with an intake upgrade, people have been saying the with the upgraded performance intake from BMW the gain in power is also very minimal. Little off topic sry.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #123
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Interesting cuz I too have a automatic transmission but I almost always use the tiptronic system. So with the K&N filter, it reduces the amount of noise it makes?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #124
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i guess loudness isnt your cup of tea. it didnt seem to loud for me, then again i had the exhaust already, it added to my exhaust tone to make it sound great from the inside. sorry to hear that you didnt see the night and day difference, i noticed the car could breathe alot better than before but i did have a slight power boost or it felt like it kick in at 3k for me. i wish we could get some audio up though. spent my money on other things like a hot chick bar front sway, the mason enginneering strut, trying out the let flash thing to see how that is and gettting the braille 21lb battery. just waiting for everything to come in and put on.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #125
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep

this intake should probably improve the low end power...since the pipe is short
just want to see real dyno to prove 10+ hp, 10+ tq
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #126
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

shadow, do you drive a AT or MT?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #127
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

mt
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #128
italiantank26
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Heres my follow up after my last review of the injen. I replaced the injen filter with a K&N, its a little bit bigger, and the same cylinder shape. The K&N filter is a little bit louder and sounds better than the injen filter, HP gains is about the same, it doesn't make much difference there. I also realized that my car is more responsive on the highway, and the rpms do climb faster, and the engine is breathing easier. The intake did grow on me after my first impression, and now I don't think its a bad idea, but still a little expensive.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #129
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiantank26 View Post
Heres my follow up after my last review of the injen. I replaced the injen filter with a K&N, its a little bit bigger, and the same cylinder shape. The K&N filter is a little bit louder and sounds better than the injen filter, HP gains is about the same, it doesn't make much difference there. I also realized that my car is more responsive on the highway, and the rpms do climb faster, and the engine is breathing easier. The intake did grow on me after my first impression, and now I don't think its a bad idea, but still a little expensive.
sounds good to hear...but I will be sticking w/ Injen filter anyways...
and for the cost wise.... it isn't that expensive comparing to other intakes such as group m.. I am glad you like it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #130
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

hope that k&n filter works out for you, didnt want to use it mostly it being an oil type filter, hear that they can do some engine damage if not treated properly and saw an old review where the K&n filters do not filter as much dirt as the some other brands out their like the apexi and the injen dry filters. i originally wanted to replace the injen with the apexi filter, but it has a stupid adapter that looked like it would at a lot weight to the the intake and i didnt want to do that. glad to hear that you are enjoying the intake though.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #131
italiantank26
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Warning about injen intake, I am currently at inskip because my service engine light came on, so I switched my intake back to oem, and brought the car in to get checked, after they ran the test they told me the car had a fault for lean condition, meaning the car is getting too much air and not enough of fuel. I know there arent many with the injen, but has anyone else had this problem yet? Or maybe it's just me cause I switched the injen filter with a k&n filter? Now I'm scared to put the intake back on because I don't want to run into this problem again, what are the consequences of your car getting too much air and not enough of fuel?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #132
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i havent had a single check engine light de to the intake. Injen told me they had the air diverter or that air shield piece to slow down the amount of air going into the air filter for that very reason (to much air going into the engine). if anything it may be just from the k&n filter you stuck in there.
Appreciate 0