BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
N88888_dawg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Cruise control not working after cobb flash

As per title.
Just flashed stage 1+ fmic sport onto my car. Install went fine, and the car runs spot on (from what I can feel).
The only thing I've noticed is that my cruise control doesn't work any more.

I've searched google, and I haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. Please help gents
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N88888_dawg View Post
As per title.
Just flashed stage 1+ fmic sport onto my car. Install went fine, and the car runs spot on (from what I can feel).
The only thing I've noticed is that my cruise control doesn't work any more.

I've searched google, and I haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. Please help gents
Was your car 100% stock before flashing?
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
N88888_dawg
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot View Post
Was your car 100% stock before flashing?
No. I was advised that the cobb flash would be fine. I would only come into difficulties when reverting to stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
N88888_dawg
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Just found your original thread buddy. I shall take a trip down to bm tomorrow. Do you mind me asking how much you paid, and what you specifically asked them to do?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=733288&page=2
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #5
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i & F80 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Update your Cobb software using Accessport Manager.

Cruise control not working was an issue with one or two revisions of the older Cobb OTS maps.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
Update your Cobb software using Accessport Manager.

Cruise control not working was an issue with one or two revisions of the older Cobb OTS maps.
It's more than that.

The OEM equivalent map they use on previously flashed cars is from a 335i. As a result, you'll lose cruise control when you marry the AP. Un-marrying at that point won't bring it back either.

OP - You have two choices. You can bring your car into BMW and have them flash it back to stock (they did it for free under warranty for me). They told me ~125 ish if not under warranty. Make sure you uninstall the AP first or it'll be locked and useless.

Or, you can have Cobb email you a new OEM equivalent map to restore cruise. They did it for me. I had to first extract the base ROM (there's a menu in the AP for this), then they sent me a new OEM equivalent map.

I actually tried both ways and both worked. If you've got an IJE0S I can email you the ROM they sent me with their directions...
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
N88888_dawg
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot View Post
It's more than that.

The OEM equivalent map they use on previously flashed cars is from a 335i. As a result, you'll lose cruise control when you marry the AP. Un-marrying at that point won't bring it back either.

OP - You have two choices. You can bring your car into BMW and have them flash it back to stock (they did it for free under warranty for me). They told me ~125 ish if not under warranty. Make sure you uninstall the AP first or it'll be locked and useless.

Or, you can have Cobb email you a new OEM equivalent map to restore cruise. They did it for me. I had to first extract the base ROM (there's a menu in the AP for this), then they sent me a new OEM equivalent map.

I actually tried both ways and both worked. If you've got an IJE0S I can email you the ROM they sent me with their directions...
Thanks for the info. I'll double check my rom tomorrow and pm you.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N88888_dawg View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll double check my rom tomorrow and pm you.
Here's a copy / paste from the email Cobb sent me. Shows you how to check your ECU, etc, and why the problem exists (335I base ROM).

This is the response I received from our engineer in the back.

Lets try this ROM.

1. Power the AP and go to the AccessPORT -> About screen.

2. Select "Export user rom"

3. Attached installed AP to AP Manager .

5. Click on the Manage button.

6. Select "All files" in the drop down.

**NOTE: The new user ROM needs to be named identically to the current user ROM that is on the AP. Take note of the current name.

7. Select the current user ROM and delete it from the AP.

8. Drag and drop the new user ROM into the AP Manager window after making sure it's named exactly what the old user ROM was named.

9. Eject the AP from AccessPORT Manager.

10. Select the AccessPORT -> About screen.

11. Select "Import user rom". This should take 10-20 seconds then a green check mark should say the import was successful.

Give you already has a generic ROM (which is from a 335i), I have replaced this generic ROM with a 135i MT ROM. This will allow your cruise control to work again when installed or uninstalled. When uninstalled there will be a code/DTC with either generic ROM. I would suggest, if you have the chance, to get your ROM updated at the dealer or a shop who has an Autologic tool for BMWs. Otherwise all should work as expected.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #9
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

Hey Nate,

Glad to see you had an ease installing the Cobb. I had this same issue too, but I wasn't aware if it had to do with the Cobb or that how BMW is.

If you have the traction control off (dtc button), then the cruise will not work.
You have to have the dtc off in order for the cruise to work. I noticed this one day when I was playing around with the car on the freeway and my cruise worked when I hadn't touched the dtc button. Then, when I did, i saw my cruise icon go off. Played with it, and realized the dtc was the culprit.

Hope that helps...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:17 AM   #10
N88888_dawg
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arexniba View Post
Hey Nate,

Glad to see you had an ease installing the Cobb. I had this same issue too, but I wasn't aware if it had to do with the Cobb or that how BMW is.

If you have the traction control off (dtc button), then the cruise will not work.
You have to have the dtc off in order for the cruise to work. I noticed this one day when I was playing around with the car on the freeway and my cruise worked when I hadn't touched the dtc button. Then, when I did, i saw my cruise icon go off. Played with it, and realized the dtc was the culprit.

Hope that helps...
Mines another problem I think. Cruise has always work with dtc on, and with one press of the dtc too. I guess it's because it's an AT as my mates MT only works when dtc is on
Appreciate 0