BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

My dyno sheet + Accessport times

Got my car back from the shop today, big thanks to Bill @ Advan for working overtime so I could have my car this weekend.

I dont know how accurate these times are but they should give a good idea about the relation to each other.

For now, car has:
AR catless downpipe
aFe dry stage 2 intake

Bilstein EDC suspension
Stock runflats

Map:

Dyno sheet:
Temps were warm.

Soft launch:

Hard launch, ease off throttle for spin, short shift at about 4500RPM in to 2nd:

Launch control:
      04-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

I dunno how a stock 135i is meant to pull 5.2. (I hope this accessport isnt THAT off)

I cant adjust the idle revs or launch revs because it requires a reflash and I dont have a battery charger so gonna do it when my FMIC and CP arrive.

Last edited by ItsHectic; 04-19-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
Simmons-Racing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Is that the same as 0-60? If so I did a 3.9 the other day launching in 2nd gear.

Simmons

2014 Mustang GT
2013 BRZ for STX
Sponsored by JSC Speed, Moto-East, Raceseng
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

100kph is like 62mph I think so yea.

Hmmmm what sort of launch, did you use the click at the bottom, can you do launch control in 2nd?

Also is your car DCT or auto?
      04-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

I tried to take off in 2nd and I couldnt, based on your 60' time slip I am assuming your car is manual.
      04-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Pretty sure a 2nd gear launch is an auto thing only.
      04-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #7
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

What is your altitude? Was there any correction applied to that number? If so, 288whp seems a little low. If not, that could be about right depending on altitude.

I pulled 330whp (with atmc1 correction) on a dyno dynamics with just stage 1 aggressive only mod was bms dci. 94 octane.

Did you get a baseline number? That is really what you want to look at. The difference between stock and with your mods.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

Yea I thought it was a little low too but I was told it was warm.

My car beat a C63 from a rolling start when it was stock and it feels a lot faster now so I dont doubt the tune.

I dont think I got baseline numbers and never had any races to suggest it was average such as vs another stock 135i.
      04-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #9
Simmons-Racing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
I tried to take off in 2nd and I couldnt, based on your 60' time slip I am assuming your car is manual.
Mine is manual.

Simmons

2014 Mustang GT
2013 BRZ for STX
Sponsored by JSC Speed, Moto-East, Raceseng
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #10
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
What is your altitude?
Altitude of where I am doing these runs is 2 feet above.

Altitude of the dyno is 2 feet above aswell.

I had the rear runflats deflated from 40PSI to 31PSI and it made traction worse.
with TCS off it kicked in more often in 1st gear.

I actually somehow managed a 0-100 in 6 seconds by redlining 1st and not letting go.

I learnt that the Cobb Accessport does not start the time from when you press the accelerator pedal but rather from when the car starts moving. So launch control should be faster than mashing so I will only use launch control from now on as it shows only a .2second disadvantage which does not seem as long as it takes to rev before dumping.

I think I should be able to manage a better time if I could control the throttle better. I got close to my best time with the worse traction tonight by doing the same thing, easing off the accelerater in 1st and shifting at the ideal 5800RPM.

My problem is I ease off the accelerator too late and too much.

I will try again another night by easing off only half way as soon as I release the brake, I am just not sure when I should start giving it full throttle, but I am sure I could manage a much better time just by easing off properly.

Tonight it was only 15c, colder than before.

Best time was 5seconds 2.7 60'.

I forgot to mention all these times are with a 90kg passenger.

BTW the accessport v3 for the 135i can not adjust revs, the one for the STI can. But you can adjust revs with the Cobb AccessTuner which is available to workshops, and looking to have it done, I want to lower my LC to 1000-1500RPM.

Im starting to wonder what parts of the car I am stressing with the launch control, I hope the clutch can easily be replaced if needed and I imagine the subframe can handle this.

Last edited by ItsHectic; 04-30-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

Do you guys think detuning 1st gear would help 0-100 times?
      04-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #12
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

I watched this video on youtube and I decided to try it
THIS VIDEO IS NOT ME.

BTW there is no need to disable DSC and I think disabling it is a bad idea unless you want to do some really crazy shit on the track.

I went back to the industrial area tonight again and I tried to do what that guy was doing in the video, so now I can pretty much launch the car as good as I can launch a manual.

I could not get a full run going cause I did not want to spend too much time there cause there was a truck driver STILL there, parked who had high beamed me the 1st time when I was there when pulling in to the street(he must of heard me before turning in) and I was paranoid he would call the cops, I already copped some look from some random guy in a C180, dunno what he was doing there probably a worker who heard me too.

But I am pretty sure I can get a very good time this way, better than a manual 135i.

If you let off the accelerator a bit at the same time you let of the brake the car just lurches for about a cm and does nothing.

So then what I did was, with LC still set up, I just tapped the kick down so the revs jump you. Assuming you will be at a set of traffic lights you need to keep tapping the kick down, aiming to keep the revs around 3000RPM, the good thing is it doesnt seem to matter what revs you are at as long as its not dropping close to idle and its not sitting at the top(LC).

When you release the brake keep your foot down close to WOT but not quite.

It doesnt dump the clutch! It releases the clutch normally as though you are doing a manual launch or the same as the DCT does with a day to day acceleration from stop. Basically the computer must think you are taking off normally but it doesnt know you are at 3000rpm.

The car takes off great, it launches briskly and without any wheel spin, it felt like a really good take off.

I will come back another night and get some times.

Last edited by ItsHectic; 04-30-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

LOL here he is beating a 1M at 60' with his tapa tapa tapa shinanigans

04-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #14
josemh23
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
If you have Cobb stage 2 and you don't turn off dsc, will power be less? I turned off dsc today and pushed kind of hard on a turn and ended up doing a 180 facing toward ongoing traffic.. Scared the shit out of me, luckily it was an empty street..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #15
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemh23 View Post
If you have Cobb stage 2 and you don't turn off dsc, will power be less? I turned off dsc today and pushed kind of hard on a turn and ended up doing a 180 facing toward ongoing traffic.. Scared the shit out of me, luckily it was an empty street..
If you do not turn DTC on (ie, the default setting) computer will apply brakes and cut power when it detects things starting to go astray.

As I understand it, if you turn DTC on, power will not be cut, but brakes will be applied in some scenarios so you shouldn't end up ass backward.

If you turn things off completely (hold DTC button for more than 3 seconds), you are completely on your own. In your case, I'd suggest not doing this.

Last edited by foghat; 04-30-2014 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

I have seen a demo of DSC and no DSC, its on youtube in a gallardo.
I have also made DSC kick in on a mercedes, although I was not going to crash, I just had the back step out on a FWD A180(shit older model that handled bad) during an apex cause I had 2 passengers.

You do not want it off unless you are drifting.

What DSC does is if you car starts to drift or rotate even without a lot of wheel spin it will apply braking individually to one wheel then another to keep it facing the same direction, unlike ABS to an extent, and TCS, "driver skill" can not substitute the capabilities of DSC, it can really save your life and save you from having an accident no matter your skill.

I have had the TCS flash when giving my car(TCS off, DSC on) but I am pretty sure it was undefeatable TCS kicking in and not DSC because DSC shouldnt kick in until your car starts to rotate, and it feels weird when it does, its like someone is slowly rotating your car back in the other direction without you steering it.

Last edited by ItsHectic; 04-30-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0