BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
tpark94
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

HELP!!!

So I was driving yesterday and there was a good sized chunk of cement in the middle of the street. I swerved to avoid it but heard a sickening crunch noise and saw 2 pieces of cement fly off behind my car. When washing my car I noticed a mark on the edge of my rim and looking closer I noticed the sidewall of my tire had a small gouge in it.
What are my choices. I have autocross next weekend and i know i shouldn't do that with my front right tire like this.
Should i replace just that tire, use this an excuse to get another set of rims and turn my stock rims into a track set, or get new non-rft tires.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

You definitely need a new tire. But the rim can be fixed for very cheap, if you want to even fix it at all. It really depends on you... were you going to go for a new set of rims eventually anyway? If so, then why not do it now? Seems like a good time, and you can save the rim repair for later. But you should definitely get a new tire. How is the wear on the other tires? If they're low you can just get rid of them but if they have decent tread life then it's your decision to make. I know a lot of stock tires get sold in the sales sections on this forum, and there is always a market for them, so you could always sell them and make back some money while getting some new decent tires.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
tpark94
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

would 225/40zr-18 front and 245/40zr-18 hankook ventus rs-3 rear work for my stock rims?
Appreciate 0