BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Michigan 1ers - Share your favorite drive for your 1.

I'll start.
http://magazine.windingroad.com/wind...pm=1&u1=friend

I haven't driven on this road yet, but it sure does sound interesting.
      10-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

I know this road.... took it a couple of times when i went to school in AA.
awesome drive.
      01-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Achtung, Achtung !
Registered
Rep
Drives:

New Car, Happy Man !!

At the high risk of boring all of you to tears (your'e all probably sick of hearing of yet another transformed life !!), on 29 December I went and picked up my new 135i. Owning a BMW has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. So it was an overwhelming experience for me. Paying in cash made it even more overwhelming, in a bad way!!

If anyone's interested (besides myself) it's a:
-Titanium Silver 135i Coupe produced late 11/08
-6 speed manual trans [couldn't find a single stick in the country that had the options we wanted, had to order & wait a very long 8 wk]
-Navigation/iDrive system
-Premium package w/ Taupe Boston Leather seats, Aluminum trim that I was told was made of carbon fiber by dealer [?]
-SPORTS PACKAGE: This was the best surprise ever ! In add'n to the excellent strg wheel, ours came with an M-logo shifter, to me the heart of the whole cockpit!
-18 " 5-spoke alloy wheels.
-Premium Audio System Can anyone reading this help delineate what exactly you get for all this money? It sds gr8, tho.
-Finally, a Christmas gift from my GF, a set of Dunlop SP Wintersport 3d 225/40 R 18 snow tires ! I had snow tires could actually perform this well and look this cool with a low profile !

Just ran out of the 1st, dealer-supplied tank of gas. To me, when you're burning that tank - THAT's a new car !!

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung, Achtung ! View Post
At the high risk of boring all of you to tears (your'e all probably sick of hearing of yet another transformed life !!), on 29 December I went and picked up my new 135i. Owning a BMW has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. So it was an overwhelming experience for me. Paying in cash made it even more overwhelming, in a bad way!!

-6 speed manual trans [couldn't find a single stick in the country that had the options we wanted, had to order & wait a very long 8 wk]
-Premium package w/ Taupe Boston Leather seats, Aluminum trim that I was told was made of carbon fiber by dealer [?]
-SPORTS PACKAGE: This was the best surprise ever ! In add'n to the excellent strg wheel, ours came with an M-logo shifter, to me the heart of the whole cockpit!
-Premium Audio System Can anyone reading this help delineate what exactly you get for all this money? It sds gr8, tho.
-Finally, a Christmas gift from my GF, a set of Dunlop SP Wintersport 3d 225/40 R 18 snow tires ! I had snow tires could actually perform this well and look this cool with a low profile !

Just ran out of the 1st, dealer-supplied tank of gas. To me, when you're burning that tank - THAT's a new car !!

Wow, congrats to you, man! It's always nice completing one of your life's goals!

What's your name anyway? I added you to the LIST, but need your name to complete the listing. Also, keep an eye on our thread here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6681

It hasn't been very active lately, but hopefully it'll pick back up when the weather starts to get nice.

Anyway, enjoy the car! Hope to meet you at a gathering some time. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
bmwzone
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Congrats and WELCOME! This was my first BMW and after 9 mos ownership (cash as well) I still enjoy this car like it's the first day I drove it off the dealer lot. The M steering wheel and shifter, incredible power stock, and it just plain rocks.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Congrads n Welcome. Jason is the unofficial moderator here. Yo found Da man:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
EINS
Simply One Great Car!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Welcome & Congrats!

Quote:

Congrats on becoming a BMW owner especially of such a sweet ride!

Enjoy many, many, many years of fun behind the M wheel.

-Jeff
      01-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
bmwzone
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Congrads n Welcome. Jason is the unofficial moderator here. Yo found Da man:biggrin:
And "da exhaust" his car sounds "da best".
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Haha - thanks, guys. It's shaping up to sound a lot more insane this season too... :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
hooner35
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [9.83]
'boring all of you to tears'

Congratulations, and don't worry, we'll never get bored of another new 1 stories.

Actually it reminded me of the delievery of my 1. ....especially when my 1 is hibernating in garage for winter....

Enjoy.

Oh, BTW. since this is the 'post your favotire dr1ve' thread,
I did find another one.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route...OH/OH_20.shtml

Not in MI, but not too far ether...
      01-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooner35 View Post
'boring all of you to tears'

Congratulations, and don't worry, we'll never get bored of another new 1 stories.

Actually it reminded me of the delievery of my 1. ....especially when my 1 is hibernating in garage for winter....

Enjoy.

Oh, BTW. since this is the 'post your favotire dr1ve' thread,
I did find another one.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route...OH/OH_20.shtml

Not in MI, but not too far ether...
Sorry, Hoon - I don't think anyone intended to jack your thread!

I have a few roads that I'm partial to, but nothing I've felt are worth posting (yet)... I'm subscribed so that I can post as soon as I come up with something worth-while! :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
hooner35
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [9.83]
No worries Jason.
Do check out the link to OH drive.
I'm definetly going to do that one when my 1 gets out of sleep...