BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #23
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Glad to hear it all worked out for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondeezy View Post
Thead hijack really quick. SU or Le Moyne? Graduated from Le Moyne in 09 and have friends doing grad work at SU. Always curious about people who venture to central/upstate NY.
I go to SU. Watertown is way up there though. Like an hour north of Syracuse on I-81

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #24
fondeezy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i - 6MT, M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I go to SU. Watertown is way up there though. Like an hour north of Syracuse on I-81
Haha yeah tell me about it. Very boring hour drive every time I go down to 'cuse.

Glad to hear that you trip to the cabin worked out well!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by D[128i]T View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great advice! But i actually decided to take the 128i up north to the cabin. Through all the hills and dips and slopes I kept a slow steady pace and let the suv's and mini vans pass me by. I must have looked ridiculous going so slow staying only in 1st or 2nd gear but the outcome was a safe journey to and from the cabin. There were many dips and high spots but there was enough space to slowly maneuver around them. most of the rocks were on average small enough to pass right over but the larger ones were few and far in between so I was able go go around them also. Surprisingly the hills were no problem at all. It was actually fun going up and down such steep hills!

So if you guys are planning trips to where you think your stock m-sport 1series may not make it, believe me, our little one's are very capable of making rough and rocky trips. Dont over do it though, keep a slow steady pace and everything will be fine.
Good to hear you fared well.
But, no way would I do it.
I've been on flat gravel roads and got some nasty scratches on previous cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #26
D[128i]T
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Good to hear you fared well.
But, no way would I do it.
I've been on flat gravel roads and got some nasty scratches on previous cars.
Did you happen to go fast on those roads? I kept my speed limited to 15km/hr so that i made sure no rocks would kick up and scratch the paint
Appreciate 0