BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Ongoing secondary o2 sensor issue

My bank 2 post cat sensor keeps giving me a code even though its been changed twice. The code is P2C7F: O2 sensor post catalytic converter, trim control (Bank2)

Car is 09 135i FBO and cobb pro tuned. Changing the sensor didnt fix the problem at all.

The only time it pops up is if the car is idling for 2-3 min. Normal driving it will never throw the code.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapur View Post
My bank 2 post cat sensor keeps giving me a code even though its been changed twice. The code is P2C7F: O2 sensor post catalytic converter, trim control (Bank2)

Car is 09 135i FBO and cobb pro tuned. Changing the sensor didnt fix the problem at all.

The only time it pops up is if the car is idling for 2-3 min. Normal driving it will never throw the code.
When I swapped out the midpipe on my car, I was in a bit of a hurry and must not have torqued the nuts properly. As a result of my stupidity, I ended up burning up the bomb-proof gasket which resulted in an O2 error code on bank 2. I would check the gasket between the midpipe and downpipes. Oh, when this happened, I could hear a faint rush of air when revving the car lightly in neutral. It was audible when the RPMs were increasing, but not when the RPMs were backing down.
Appreciate 0