BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #23
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
-2.5 up front with a little toe-out and -2.0 in the back with a little toe-in.
      02-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
-2.5 up front with a little toe-out and -2.0 in the back with a little toe-in.
I marked the spot with -2.5 for DD, but at the track I move to full neg camber.. takes like 3 minutes per side.. not sure how much it gives me (need to buy the gauges) guessing somewhere over -3.. but have not had any tire wear issues.. and understeer is gone.. probably one of the biggest differences in removing understeer were the camber plates.
      02-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Ok so before anybody says anything, I'm searching as well as asking. I figure it doesn't hurt to ask for more information that people may have had a chance to gain since last post asking this type of stuff

So this weekend I went to to put my camber plates on my stock 2011 Msport suspension and had a mishap when removing the the spring compressors. Luckily nobody lost or broke any fingers and just a bruise and several 4 letter words letter I had a bent a deformed spring. Well I'm taking this as a sign and after a quick text to my friend Scott and I had ordered Koni yellows and eibach springs (i'll be calling Harold and TC Kline about the externally adjustable rears this morning).

Do I need to trim the bumpstops (or is it recommended) when installing this setup?

Also any recommendations or insight to setups for street and track settings with our cars? (i'm running the M3 lca's along with the m3 sway in the front, stock rear end)
No, with Koni front Yellows you reuse all stock components. Or upgrade to the fully threaded body front strut and use a true coilover type spring with a rate of your choice. KW V2 damping isn't as good as the Koni/TCK. On top of that KW is a progressive spring that is a bit on the soft side for performance.

If you get the external adjustable rears, they come with their own bump stops.

These questions should be directed at TCK or us for answers.
Appreciate 0