BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
papi gaston
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i convertible

replace lower grille in front bumper

I need to replace the center grille, broken by a stone. I could not find any information in You tube or thread to change the lower front grille.
Could some one help let me know the steps and how to remove the bumper? How many screws and sequences?
(It seems to me that in order to change the front grille, the bumper has to be removed?)
I ordered the center front grille from Amazon and expect to receive it in the next few days, I don't know if there is any modification to the OEM part.

(In between I just changed the rear center stop light strip, suddenly popping out, broken; it is mounted by 4 spring loaded nuts, OEM part requires lot of touch up, dremel tool and X-acto to cut out the top center knotch and flush the lower center rib on the light housing - (I will post some pics in the rear center light thread).

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi gaston View Post
I need to replace the center grille, broken by a stone. I could not find any information in You tube or thread to change the lower front grille.
Could some one help let me know the steps and how to remove the bumper? How many screws and sequences?
(It seems to me that in order to change the front grille, the bumper has to be removed?)
I ordered the center front grille from Amazon and expect to receive it in the next few days, I don't know if there is any modification to the OEM part.

(In between I just changed the rear center stop light strip, suddenly popping out, broken; it is mounted by 4 spring loaded nuts, OEM part requires lot of touch up, dremel tool and X-acto to cut out the top center knotch and flush the lower center rib on the light housing - (I will post some pics in the rear center light thread).

Thanks.
Have a look through the DIY section first next time, this has been covered:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...t+bumper+cover

It's a pretty straight forward process, the hardest part is separating the clips at the fenders. Be gentle, they just pop right out and then the bumper is free once all the screws/bolts are removed. Putting the front end up on jack stands will make it easier to get at the screws in the wheel well because you'll be able to turn the front wheels left/right freely and they will be hanging giving your hands more room.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
papi gaston
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i convertible

Thank you very much 1AddictsAnonymous for the link.
I will will be busy next Week End, hehe.
Appreciate 1