BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #23
gibbo21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupè

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Nice video and car! Pardon my ignorance as I've never been to the Ring, but is it common for folks not to wear helmets? I felt nervous watching that, such high speeds with no head protection?
Yes, in the touristenfahrer it is not obligatory to wear a helmet, while it is on the track day. On the touristenfahrer the nordschleife is considered a public road, there are also signals with speed limits, but of course no one respect them
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #24
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Great driving gibbo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
oh course he makes more power and is modded but it also the car, no debate yeah hes going balls to the wall. and I was pushing mine as much as I could the car is stock basically. for almost dipping into the 8min mark in a stock 128i is impressive if you tell me.
8min mark? BTG? Sorry no offence but if I'm looking at a video with <8BTG, I guess I'm watching the wrong video???

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #25
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Great driving gibbo!

8min mark? BTG? Sorry no offence but if I'm looking at a video with <8BTG, I guess I'm watching the wrong video???

Cheers
Robin
Yeah BTG sorry,the video wasn't cut to start at BTG. Run starts at 0:24 secs and ends at 9:49 the rest of the video was just extra. Do the math. 9:25 was my time in a stock 128i. And I said close to the 8 min mark. Give me supsension and tune and a good tire setup with bolt ones I'm sure to hit 8 mins.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #26
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
Yeah BTG sorry,the video wasn't cut to start at BTG. Run starts at 0:24 secs and ends at 9:49 the rest of the video was just extra. Do the math. 9:25 was my time in a stock 128i. And I said close to the 8 min mark. Give me supsension and tune and a good tire setup with bolt ones I'm sure to hit 8 mins.
My mate Advevo(you probably know him from here ) did an est. 7:45 BTG with some traffic some time ago. In his 1M. So I'm not so sure actually. Sorry.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #27
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Great driving gibbo!

Haha, I thought it was more ironic when he tried giving advice to gibbo on driver technique, given that gibbo is obviously an advanced level driver ... and then tried to justify his driving by blaming it on vehicle set up ... and then tried to claim an unrealistic lap time on a hypothetical set up
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #28
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
Haha, I thought it was more ironic when he tried giving advice to gibbo on driver technique, given that gibbo is obviously an advanced level driver ... and then tried to justify his driving by blaming it on vehicle set up ... and then tried to claim an unrealistic lap time on a hypothetical set up
How is it unrealistic??? LOL it's right there In the video. There are plenty of 130i amd 125i that have ran 820s. Just today I ran a 9:29 in a Suzuki swift and that doesn't even make over 135hp! Driver mod. Rant over man.
Appreciate 0