BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Will the 128i cost more or less than the TSX?
More than the TSX 32 76.19%
Less than the TSX 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

10-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #45
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

I used to get laid all the time when I borrowed my mom's minivan. It actually did 110mph fairly well.
      10-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #46
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
I guess with that logic you wouldn't be caught dead in an M5. Man, how embarrassing would that be!?
... or in the new 4-door E90 M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #47
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
Ahhh...so then why can't the same logic be applied to a sedan as what you chose for the Escape?...

ANd while you're at it, what's wrong with throwing in a little(or a lot) of fun by getting a "sporty" sedan?...My galant for instance, is big enough to haul most of the things I need it to, is fast enough and handles good enough, to allow for some "spirited" driving, and practical enough that if I need too I haul family/friends...

As for what Evo's and STI are classifed as, well how is an EVo a wagon??...the STI is sometimes, but not all the time...and it's only a niche market due the price...there's plenty of "tuners" out there with Lancers and Imrezza's that modding the crap out of them...

That's why you're contradicting yourself...you're saying that if you want something practical, you can't get something sporty....but yes, you can...in the form of a sedan, wagon, and on rare occasions, an SUV...

Now if you're arrguement was that a single guy should be embarrassed driving a minvan, then maybe I'd be on your side...but then chances are if he is driving a minivan, then he has his reasons...

Again, you havn't read this whole thread, so your missing the whole context.

Read THIS.

As you can see, my initial statement that flamed many of you, wasn't rationalized cleverly enough by many. Because the argument technically was about 4-doors SEDANS. Thus, when you meantion 4-door truck, minivan, SUV, wagon, etc... then you are not talking about a car. Only cars apply!

But, I had already said this!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #48
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Again, you havn't read this whole thread, so your missing the whole context.

Read THIS.

As you can see, my initial statement that flamed many of you, wasn't rationalized cleverly enough by many. Because the argument technically was about 4-doors SEDANS. Thus, when you meantion 4-door truck, minivan, SUV, wagon, etc... then you are not talking about a car. Only cars apply!

But, I had already said this!
So again you avoid the real point...

I pointed out a fine example of a 4 door sedan and you ignore it...as have many other people (like the RS4, M5, 330i, etc....)

And by the way, a WAGON IS A CAR....:eyebulge:

or are you saying that a wagon can be a sports car, just not a sedan??....now there's logic...:drinking:

And to try an argue that my example is ok because I have a kid is even more dumb...a sedan is a sedan, what does it matter if you have a family?...I drive a sedan to work everyday now(since listing the XR for sale)...so driving to work all alone does that mean I should be embarassed because no one else is in the car?...

That's the equivilant of me saying "Anyone with a family driving in a coupe should be embarassed"..."it's dumb when there's 4 people sitting in a 2 door car..."

Do you understand now?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #49
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

I warned you on page 1 Garrett not to start a flame war...:iono:
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #50
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So again you avoid the real point...

I pointed out a fine example of a 4 door sedan and you ignore it...as have many other people (like the RS4, M5, 330i, etc....)

And by the way, a WAGON IS A CAR....:eyebulge:

or are you saying that a wagon can be a sports car, just not a sedan??....now there's logic...:drinking:

And to try an argue that my example is ok because I have a kid is even more dumb...a sedan is a sedan, what does it matter if you have a family?...I drive a sedan to work everyday now(since listing the XR for sale)...so driving to work all alone does that mean I should be embarassed because no one else is in the car?...

That's the equivilant of me saying "Anyone with a family driving in a coupe should be embarassed"..."it's dumb when there's 4 people sitting in a 2 door car..."

Do you understand now?
I said Sedan = not available.
Embarrasing for a single to be seen driving. If your a father, or married. Then how does any of this apply to you?

Some people jumped me because they felt threated by my perception. But again, this isn't just my perception. Look around you. Singles drive coupes.. old men and families drive sedans.

Deal with it!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #51
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #52
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I said Sedan = not available.
Embarrasing for a single to be seen driving. If your a father, or married. Then how does any of this apply to you?

Some people jumped me because they felt threated by my perception. But again, this isn't just my perception. Look around you. Singles drive coupes.. old men and families drive sedans.

Deal with it!
Hellllooooo Mc. Fly....I wasn't always married/a father

My first car was a Sedan, and it kicked ass, I loved that car.

So automatically when you see someone driving a 4 door car you assume they're married and have kids?...That's more something for you to be embarrassed about, because I'm sure the person in the other car doesn't care what you think.

I wasn't trying to flame you, and I'm not threated by it, I was just trying to point how closed-minded and utterly retarded that statement was... It's that fact that bothers me, the fact that someone can be so closed-minded and ignorant to the real facts. The real fact being, you can't tell shit about if a person is single or married by what they drive, because different people have different likes/dislikes.

Anyways, guess you better watch out...you would mistake me as a single guy if you see me driving my 1'er, and lord knows I don't want some dude hitting on me because I "appear" single...:drinking:
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #53
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

I'm single, well, in a relationship, but not married, not a father...

And I was single when I purchased my low-class sedan...

Your posts make no sense and seem to ignite flame wars, I will start to ignore them...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #54
jcloud9
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Porsche Panamera is also a 4-door sedan. Priced around a Ferrari F430.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 12:23 PM   #55
gbent
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

Anyways, guess you better watch out...you would mistake me as a single guy if you see me driving my 1'er, and lord knows I don't want some dude hitting on me because I "appear" single...:drinking:
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #56
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

are there only 2 choices for a poll...this or that?....because "i don't give a sh--" would be a perfect 3rd choice....

=
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #57
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES45 View Post
I used to get laid all the time when I borrowed my mom's minivan. It actually did 110mph fairly well.
110, holy sh--.....was that thing shimmying or what ?(not when you were getting laid, I mean when you were driving the minivan at 110).....

=
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 08:44 PM   #58
takrdown
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post

Sounds like a plan to me
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #59
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

Chrysler Town and Country baby! It rode smooth at 110, somewhat impressive.
      11-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #60
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Hellllooooo Mc. Fly....I wasn't always married/a father

My first car was a Sedan, and it kicked ass, I loved that car.

So automatically when you see someone driving a 4 door car you assume they're married and have kids?...That's more something for you to be embarrassed about, because I'm sure the person in the other car doesn't care what you think.

I wasn't trying to flame you, and I'm not threated by it, I was just trying to point how closed-minded and utterly retarded that statement was... It's that fact that bothers me, the fact that someone can be so closed-minded and ignorant to the real facts. The real fact being, you can't tell shit about if a person is single or married by what they drive, because different people have different likes/dislikes.

That perception is not mine alone..! Why would a single person drive a sedan..? Thus, they must be married, have kids, etc. We keep going around and around. Give me one logical reason someone would buy a sedan over a coupe..?

Is this news to you..? Have you never thought about why there are coupes and sedans..? Every hear of a Family Sedan..?

Again, this perception is not mine alone. You don't see a BMW coupe in BMW's broshures with a family of three at the beach with the trunk open and they are getting out blankets and beachballs, do you...?

Do you see pictures of James Dean and other iconoclasts photed in sedans..? They are conveying their image of virility and manhood. Sedans are 4 door versions of Coupes, that offer more utility because the ease of access to the BACK SEATS.

There is a large percentage of the populace that perceive drivers of sedans as married or "taken". Some people don't care and opt to buy the Sedans, some just are not that aware of the image a sedan conveys.

Alot of you seems really peeved that I mentioned this, and jumped all over me. Why is that? Did I step on your manlyhood? Are you embarrassed?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #61
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

^ no, your posts just spew ignorance...

I drive a sedan because thats what I like, I do not have a family and I'm not married...

Just like I, personally do not like the 6 series, not even the M6. But I love the 5, especially the '08's with the new front and rear facia's and sweet LED taillights...

People here probably disagree with you because they drive sports sedans and not crown victoria's or taurus's...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #62
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imola.zhp View Post
^ no, your posts just spew ignorance...
+1:biggrin:

Quote:
That perception is not mine alone..! Why would a single person drive a sedan..? Thus, they must be married, have kids, etc. We keep going around and around. Give me one logical reason someone would buy a sedan over a coupe..?

Is this news to you..? Have you never thought about why there are coupes and sedans..? Every hear of a Family Sedan..?

Again, this perception is not mine alone. You don't see a BMW coupe in BMW's broshures with a family of three at the beach with the trunk open and they are getting out blankets and beachballs, do you...?

Do you see pictures of James Dean and other iconoclasts photed in sedans..? They are conveying their image of virility and manhood. Sedans are 4 door versions of Coupes, that offer more utility because the ease of access to the BACK SEATS.

There is a large percentage of the populace that perceive drivers of sedans as married or "taken". Some people don't care and opt to buy the Sedans, some just are not that aware of the image a sedan conveys.

Alot of you seems really peeved that I mentioned this, and jumped all over me. Why is that? Did I step on your manlyhood? Are you embarrassed?
And he gave you the same logical reason I will...

My first car, I was single, no kids...looking through car ad's and I spotted this thing called a "Merr-kurrr??" WTF was that I thought...well curosity got me to go look...sat in it...hey that's friggin' comfy...started it up...the engine sounds good...opened the hatch, hey, I could fit my bike in this thing no problem at all with the seats down...

Oh....It's a 4 door sedan...well that's convient for is I ever have to take people...but really I could give less of a shit because I like the car...

That and it drove sweet too.

Of course there are "family" sedans...but there are also "sport" sedans...

Not all coupes are meant for young single people...Toyota Solara...2 doors...avg owner is +65....and I doubt single

You don't like sedans...that's great for you:thumbup:

I'm simply saying, along with others, that's you're "rucking fetarded" to think that someone who is single, would/should be embarassed to drive their OWN car, just because it has 4 doors...which is what you saying before.

AS for James Dean, are you saying that if he were still alive that's there no way he might possibly be seen ripping a RS4 around a track?...or maybe an Evo or STI...IS300, M5, etc...

If we reverse your logic, then that means people looking at buying the 1-series should be young and single, because married (men) should be driving sedans...And well I think if you took a poll of this forum (based on the apparent ages, etc of people here) I think you'd find that the majority are older(ie above 20's), and married...and won't be embarrassed to drive the shit of 128 or 135 .

BTW...have you seen the BMW vids of Clive Owen ripping around in a 7-series...I'm pretty sure they were meant to show more then just mom taking the kids to soccer and picking the groceries.:biggrin:

or perhaps the movies Transporter(2)... where the main character is a single guy, driving a 7-series, and then an A8 to go kick some ass and take names...

Oh well he needed the room for his job...so then couldn't that be another logical reason for any single guy out there to own a sedan over a coupe??
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #63
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
or perhaps the movies
Movies are clearly not like real life, thus real people don't need, nor should they ever want, four doors.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #64
takrdown
Rep

Quote:
Why is that? Did I step on your manlyhood? Are you embarrassed?
This one statement alone retracts all legitimacy your post may have had.

I recommend if you want people to take you seriously, you talk with your big boy voice.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #65
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I already had a TSX. Not really feeling 4 doors this time around even if they do offer turbo/AWD. 2 door is always better to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #66
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasthrowdown View Post

"4 door = taken"? That's a broad and stupid generalization. I had Audi S4 through my single years. S4=not embarrasing, neither are: RS4, M5, RS6, any 5 or 7 series, etc.

So how do you feel driving your Ford Escape? Do you wear a bag over your head while you drive?
I have a G coupe and 3 kids.....wife has the Pathy....

=
Appreciate 0