BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

SouthernBM Drive day/track day

I had a few cancellations last minute so if anyone here wants to come along on 26th April, Next Tuesday, could you contact me asap.

Link/details for the day
http://emedia.godigital.com.au/t/Vie...4C447E6EBFDF5C

It's a great chance to stretch the legs of the M3's with professional V8 Supercar drivers to sit in with you for instruction and an open pit lane in the afternoon. No cams licence required, just Helmet, long sleeves, long pants, proper shoes, good attitude.

Anyone interested please email me as soon as possible, i want to lock it off tonight. andrew@southernbm.com.au

Last edited by andrew@southernBM; 04-20-2011 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: date
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
AussieAlf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LMB 123d MT Vert

I must be going blind, 'cos I can't find a date for the life of me on the Ad.

Cheers,
Alf
      04-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

26th April, next Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
AussieAlf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LMB 123d MT Vert

Ahhh, found it on the facebook page.

Wish I could go. Too much on at the mo. Maybe next time if you're planning another.

Cheers,
Alf
      04-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Thanks Alf, hope to see you soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #6
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Can I borrow you E46 SC machine? Sounds like fun. Haha
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #7
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

I'm driving my Supercharged M3 E46, Jim is driving the 135i and john is taking the Supercharged M5. We are also taking the race car for fun in the afternoon. It would be nice to see you however, do you have time to come out, maybe give Ken with some support in his 135i, or you could take your M3?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #8
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

SouthernBM Client Track day.
We organise client track days a few times a year which allows customers and friends to see how their BMW pride and joy perform out in a safe environment with professionals in the passenger seat. We often have clients ask if there is any way they can stretch the legs of their BMW’s without having to look over their shoulder looking for police or speed cameras. The best place to this is on the race track and although it sounds like it is just for race cars, it isn’t. BMW cars perform very well on the track and what we offer is that you take your standard car out to learn a few techniques and feel free to open it up or stretch the legs. We are looking to cater for the beginners or BMW enthusiast who have not been on a track previously and do not want to be in a race car environment. This time it was on the Easter/Anzac day long weekend, April 26th where we could lock in Sandown Raceway for the Public holiday. We locked in Cameron McConville as our organiser for the day and he sourced the help of Fabian Coulthard (V8 Supercar driver) and Nathan Pretty (V8 ute series) for instruction. This day was purely for our SouthernBM clients from beginners to experienced drivers.

We arrived at 7.30am and the weather was just stunning, a Melbourne morning that was sure to bring out a perfect sunny day. When the 30 customer cars arrived Cameron ran through a presentation and some guidelines with a run down of the day. We initially went out in a follow the leader style to get an idea of how to drive around the track on the correct driving line and then came in to discuss a few safety aspects of the day. From there all 30 customers had unlimited access to the instructors and all they had to do was drive up to the pit lane, grab an instructor and go around for a few laps. Although this may sound daunting if you have never been on the track, the instructors can communicate very well and will suit the instruction to your skill level. Remember this is a beginner driver day for our service clients, not a dedicated track day for track cars or focused towards Performance BMW clients.

We had a good variety of cars attended, M3 E92’s, 135i’s, M3 E46’s, Z3M coupe, Z4M, M5’s a few E28’s, E36’s and a few E30’s as well. You can view more images of the day HERE

We stopped for lunch break, which Cameron had a catering company set up and supply for us and then in the afternoon had an open pit lane schedule. This meant that you could still take any instructor any time but you could go out as many times as you felt comfortable doing. In some instances some customers went out 9 times for the day which is a massive amount of free track time for you to drive, with no-one in your way or pressuring you to drive to a point whereby you feel uneasy or pressured.

We had a great day, the over whelming majority said they had more track time than they could handle which is always nice to hear. We had no incidents or mechanical issues and everyone drove home safely. I’d like to thank Cameron, Fabian and Nathan for their instruction and guidance for the day and enthusiasm for our SouthernBM clients who attended the day.

My M3 E46

My Race Car
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
I'm driving my Supercharged M3 E46, Jim is driving the 135i and john is taking the Supercharged M5. We are also taking the race car for fun in the afternoon. It would be nice to see you however, do you have time to come out, maybe give Ken with some support in his 135i, or you could take your M3?
Sorry I didn't see this till now. I was too busy to come unfortunately. Maybe next time, in the 1M! Sounds like Ken had fun, which is the most important thing!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #10
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Yes, Ken had a great time, i have a great photo of him next to his 135i, but thought i better not post it. Proud as punch his is. Have you heard of too much track time? We had heaps available, love it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Wish I was there
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #12
andrew@southernBM