BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #3037
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep
Drives: 135is, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
While I like this in theory, what are you supposed to do, carry a bunch of cones around with you in your trunk? Easier to just bring spray paint I suppose and spray "no parking" or cross-hatches in the spots to each side of you. O=|
I present to you: the collapsable cone!

It's really freaky but I just happened to see this thing a few hours after originally posting about the cones.
      04-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #3038
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep

collapsable cone group buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorchimp View Post
I present to you: the collapsable cone!

It's really freaky but I just happened to see this thing a few hours after originally posting about the cones.
      04-25-2014, 12:14 AM   #3039
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW GT4 M4 and X5M

It's been a busy winter.. I finished my full E93 suspension. I added all the bmw performance carbon and side skirts. Still haven't made it to a track in the last year. GRRRR..
Attached Images

Last edited by Greg FEightytwo; 04-25-2014 at 12:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:26 AM   #3040
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

First of all i did not own 135is but i was one of the lucky which got the 2013 135is as a loaner for 9 days. After closed to 400 miles and the impression with the 135is is not much. Same brake, same suspension and boring interior ( just color stiching on the seat and little tiny Is badge ) same ugly AE lol
The exhaust was nice but 20 more hp not much noticeable compare to my 135i ( compare stock to stock but i am sure it will perform better at the track for cooling issue) The 335is come with twin turbo and nice gauge which the 135is lack of. Wish the 135is come with twin turbo. and atleast Performance diffusor lol

It was so nice to have my car back

Last edited by Everfly; 04-25-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #3041
PeteA
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30, E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunner View Post
Today is beast friday, because I picked up the beast from the doctor today.

Ok "IS" boys... it official, my IS has gone Donkey Kong. Dinan Stage 3: 373 horsepower & 408 lb-ft of torque and let me tell you something... it is everything I had hoped for. Sweet, smooth, elegant, wicked fast and fun fun fun. The 91 extra lbs of torque is unbelievable. In your seat every time.

All of our intoxicating burbly, grumbly exhaust notes that we so love on our 135is's BMW PE are still there. It even grumbles and pops snappier and harder. The car runs cooler, even in NYC rush hour traffic. Throttle response is extremely quick, perhaps with the cooler charged air from the FMIC that is like twice the size of the OEM. My fun gear use to be 3rd & 4th but is now also 5th and 6th. The RPM's simply spool up to red line way fast in any gear. You really have to be careful. Thank the BMW Gods I have a DCT, I probably would have broke something if I didn't. I also had the rubber bushings in the front thrust arms replaced with precision delrin ball joints that comes with machined aluminum housing and I must say, all that suspension shimmy and slop are gone.

I've only had 2 hours seat time but will give you a more detailed report when I drive more. I was seriously driving back to work today with a smile from ear to ear.

I say JUST DO IT! You will not regret it. No issues, no funny codes, no blowing up this or that. Just start and go. Truly... IMO, performance without sacrifice.
Good and rare to see a N55 Stage 3 135i. I personally like all Dinan products but being in Australia the shipping + customs tax + conversion costs make is mega expensive.

Could you potentially gather some numbers for us? Maybe a dyno or a 0-60 / Quater mile time? I'd love to compare to other N55 tunes like Cobb / JB4 etc.

P
      04-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #3042
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningscifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
I stopped caring about rock chips years ago! you can't fight nature yo! as the Italians describe it----those are character building!
I probably should too. It'll put me in an early grave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
a sunshine shot (rare for me as I'm not a sunny kinda guy) to show off the funky deep sea blue!
I really wish I could see LMB and DSB right next to each other in person. Yours looks so good in the light too. I'm not big on going out in the sun either but that's where our blue's come out!
oh me too! I've always wanted to see a pic of LMB and DSB together! I get them mixed up in photos even though I have a DSB
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:55 AM   #3043
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Greg that was one hell of a parking spot!! wow.

Here's my spot. My TT is on the other side, and on the right is my friend's RS5!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #3044
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs135is View Post
It's been a busy winter.. I finished my full E93 suspension. I added all the bmw performance carbon and side skirts. Still haven't made it to a track in the last year. GRRRR..
Car looks fantastic! I have the same carbon bits minus the front, what lip is that? Also what suspension did you mean by e93? You actually put on a 3-series suspension?
      04-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #3045
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep

3002 tii, the front lip is Slek. 2x2 weave. I have the full m3 suspension. Front control arms/ rear control arms/ 28mm front sway bar / 15mm rear sway bar /rear subframe bushings /custom adjustable toe links/ rear camber links/ 1m rear shocks/ front m3 strut bar.

I say e93 because I went with the convertible sway bars that are a little stiffer than the e92.

Its basically a 1m without the body or the LSD. LSD is in the works from wave track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Car looks fantastic! I have the same carbon bits minus the front, what lip is that? Also what suspension did you mean by e93? You actually put on a 3-series suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #3046
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
3002 tii, the front lip is Slek. 2x2 weave. I have the full m3 suspension. Front control arms/ rear control arms/ 28mm front sway bar / 15mm rear sway bar /rear subframe bushings /custom adjustable toe links/ rear camber links/ 1m rear shocks/ front m3 strut bar.

I say e93 because I went with the convertible sway bars that are a little stiffer than the e92.

Its basically a 1m without the body or the LSD. LSD is in the works from wave track.
That's really a great setup. I was just confused because your car looks dropped so I wasn't sure if was sways, control arms, bushings and MORE...

I was never sold on the Aero skirts, thought might be too aggressive for the rest of the car but you've convinced me the carbon bits + drop (or what appears to be a drop) make the sides look like they belong. When will the mod bug stop!?
      04-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #3047
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep

haha.. It was a busy winter.. I'm close to being satisfied.. i just have a few more projects. Its been a nightmare making this thing a reality. I think the side skirts were the last thing that was on my mind till I saw the front and rear done up and nothing to the sides.. I don't think I would have put them on at first either as they look weird by themselves. Also certain colors don't bring out the grove enough to justify the cost of the parts and paint.

I have an BMS OCC coming Tuesday and the 1m alcantara gage hood on Wednesday. I'm still waiting on my M3 steering wheel from Germany to complete my m3 shifters with eas lever extensions.. The fun just never stops. lol..

I added the rear camber links photo because people want to do them but there are few problems getting it to work. I purchased the 1m rear shock. 3 week wait from Germany but the compression is the same or a little stiffer than the front.. If you don't get heralds camber links with the modified head light sensor then you will need to buy the longer bolts for the sub frame and the knuckle. you will also need the m3 e90 rear level sensor and the third photo shows the part I found from home depot to extend the level sensor since the 135 sub frame is shorter than the 1m/m3. The length of the plate from the ubolt I found was 1.5 bolt to bolt which is the correct amount of space to make it work. You will also need to adjust your lights with a Phillips screw driver 8 cranks clockwise to move the position of the lights down afterwards.

Quote:
That's really a great setup. I was just confused because your car looks dropped so I wasn't sure if was sways, control arms, bushings and MORE...

I was never sold on the Aero skirts, thought might be too aggressive for the rest of the car but you've convinced me the carbon bits + drop (or what appears to be a drop) make the sides look like they belong. When will the mod bug stop!?
Attached Images

Last edited by Greg FEightytwo; 04-25-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #3048
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
haha.. It was a busy winter.. I'm close to being satisfied.. i just have a few more projects. Its been a nightmare making this thing a reality. I think the side skirts were the last thing that was on my mind till I saw the front and rear done up and nothing to the sides.. I don't think I would have put them on at first either as they look weird by themselves. Also certain colors don't bring out the grove enough to justify the cost of the parts and paint.

I have an BMS OCC coming Tuesday and the 1m alcantara gage hood on Wednesday. I'm still waiting on my M3 steering wheel from Germany to complete my m3 shifters with eas lever extensions.. The fun just never stops. lol..

I added the rear camber links because people want to do them but there are few problems getting it to work. I purchased the 1m rear shock. 3 week wait from Germany but the compression is the same or a little stiffer than the front.. If you don't get heralds camber links with the modified head light sensor then you will need to buy the longer bolts for the sub frame and the knuckle. you will also need the m3 e90 rear level sensor and the third photo shows the part I found from home depot to extend the level sensor since the 135 sub frame is shorter than the 1m/m3. The length of the plate from the ubolt I found was 1.5 bolt to bolt which is the correct amount of space to make it work. You will also need to adjust your lights with a Phillips screw driver 8 cranks clockwise to move the position of the lights down afterwards.
I didn't realize the M3 wheel was different from our perforated sport wheel. I guess it has must have some tri-stitching theme going on. If I could spring for one, I'd go for the alcantara (or was it suede?) wheel with blue strip on top. Only problem is alcantara doesn't hold up well to daily usage.

I'm at a point where I'm pretty content with my car too. My other car is heavily modded so I wanted to keep this mild, plus it's my daily. The theme for the 1-er was "oem plus"... the only mods I have left are 1M strut bar, M3 control arms, Dinan plates, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, and MAYBE.... KW Street Comfort. The only thing missing from my list is the Quaife/Wavetrac but the DCT makes it even more costly due to the welded design but you obviously know that. The Quaife in my Z4 (6MT) was much more reasonable.

And if I wanted to be stupid irresponsible, I'd splurge for the carbon fiber interior and stupid expensive BMW performance seats lol.
      04-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #3049
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep

haha...

Ya I wanted the carbon interior too but I did M aluminum peddles and the aluminum ebrake swap so I felt that when I open the door it all works together.. Changing out the race aluminum wouldn't work well with the other parts.

The alcantara d shape was my first choice then I went for e92 dct wheel. The alcantara is like a grey on the gage hood and the m3 wheel is a black. So annoying. The cut outs are different shapes than our LCI paddles. I'm having the harness fabbed to work with our paddle system and adding the m3 paddles with lever extensions.

I was almost ready to buy the 5000.00 bmw performance seats till I found out that they are manual and not power.. For that price they should function like my factory ones with heat and power.

After you do the arms the car will be much stiffer. No comfort all rails.. lol.. I think I saw your tack vid. That z kills it... I wanted a z4 3.5is but I couldn't see spending 80,000 two seater and there wasn't as many mods available like the 135.. As far as I know anyway..

Quote:
I didn't realize the M3 wheel was different from our perforated sport wheel. I guess it has must have some tri-stitching theme going on. If I could spring for one, I'd go for the alcantara (or was it suede?) wheel with blue strip on top. Only problem is alcantara doesn't hold up well to daily usage.

I'm at a point where I'm pretty content with my car too. My other car is heavily modded so I wanted to keep this mild, plus it's my daily. The theme for the 1-er was "oem plus"... the only mods I have left are 1M strut bar, M3 control arms, Dinan plates, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, and MAYBE.... KW Street Comfort. The only thing missing from my list is the Quaife/Wavetrac but the DCT makes it even more costly due to the welded design but you obviously know that. The Quaife in my Z4 (6MT) was much more reasonable.

And if I wanted to be stupid irresponsible, I'd splurge for the carbon fiber interior and stupid expensive BMW performance seats lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #3050
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

Quote:
Has it been confirmed that you can use the M3 wheel w/ M3 paddles with the dct transmission? I remember reading that our stock steering wheel will not allow you to switch out the stock paddles with M3 ones if you have a DCT transmission.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #3051
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
haha...

Ya I wanted the carbon interior too but I did M aluminum peddles and the aluminum ebrake swap so I felt that when I open the door it all works together.. Changing out the race aluminum wouldn't work well with the other parts.

The alcantara d shape was my first choice then I went for e92 dct wheel. The alcantara is like a grey on the gage hood and the m3 wheel is a black. So annoying. The cut outs are different shapes than our LCI paddles. I'm having the harness fabbed to work with our paddle system and adding the m3 paddles with lever extensions.

I was almost ready to buy the 5000.00 bmw performance seats till I found out that they are manual and not power.. For that price they should function like my factory ones with heat and power.

After you do the arms the car will be much stiffer. No comfort all rails.. lol.. I think I saw your tack vid. That z kills it... I wanted a z4 3.5is but I couldn't see spending 80,000 two seater and there wasn't as many mods available like the 135.. As far as I know anyway..
Plus for $5k you can buy the Recaro Sportster and get BMW Performance stitched as well as get custom blue stitching (to match the 135is interior) and still have change left over. Agreed, the BMW seats are stupid expensive.

Only thing preventing me back from installing the M3 arms now is I don't want to pay for 2 alignments so I need to figure out if I want to do suspension or not soon lol.

Also agree, the E89 is just too expensive. They tried to market the car against the Boxster which also increased in price. I would much rather take the previous generation in /M trim for $30k!
      04-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #3052
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAV13 View Post
Has it been confirmed that you can use the M3 wheel w/ M3 paddles with the dct transmission? I remember reading that our stock steering wheel will not allow you to switch out the stock paddles with M3 ones if you have a DCT transmission.
I have the wiring diagram and will confirm once the harness is fabbed up if they work. Another forum member with a 3 series dct has completed the swap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #3053
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep

Quote:
I have the wiring diagram and will confirm once the harness is fabbed up if they work. Another forum member with a 3 series dct has completed the swap.
I love those paddles.
      04-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #3054
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorchimp View Post
I love those paddles.

Thanks man.. I have had my eyes on these forever.. I saw someone make them work.. If they don't, my dad and I are going to make some that will fit the LCI ones.. He owns a machine shop and we can create a new one to fit or bolt on like a sleeve.. We will see..

G
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #3055
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks man.. I have had my eyes on these forever.. I saw someone make them work.. If they don't, my dad and I are going to make some that will fit the LCI ones.. He owns a machine shop and we can create a new one to fit or bolt on like a sleeve.. We will see..

G
I smell group buy...
      04-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #3056
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep

Quote:
I smell group buy...
      04-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #3057
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I smell group buy...
That is for sure.. I'll keep you guys posted..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #3058
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Juts felt like posting pics of my beast.... grrrr.... what a bulldog face..... love it!
Attached Images

2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0