BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
AntonV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sedona/Savanna 135i

Washington DC Parking?

I might drive down tomorrow for the weekend with the 1er. I plan on parking it at a hotel. I HATE to valet my car. Anything I need to look out for? My 2 choices of hotels are the Omni Shoreham or the Madison.

Again, I will choose a hotel that has a better/safer parking arrangement. I prefer to tip the valet guy well & park my own car. If they are crazy underground lots, like NYC, then they aint letting me park it myself. I know I'm crazy, but Ive had cars get banged up in hotel lots before.

Any info?

2005 BMW F650 GS - Mandarin Yellow - Farkled
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #2
Gravitron
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i Convertible

I'm not sure about either of those hotels specifically, but I know that a lot of the parking garages in DC that do valet have their own parking system where they line the cars up in long rows, which means they would need your keys.

I had the same dilemma when I signed up for monthly parking at the closest garage to my place, which just happens to do valet. In the end I told them I couldn't leave my keys because they close at 7, I only have one set of keys, and I want access to my car in case of am emergency. So they essentially gave me a spot that's out of the way for them and that I use to park myself. Maybe you could try that approach, though I doubt the hotel garage closes at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Helpful info, but a bit late! Check the date of the OP.
      09-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
AntonV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sedona/Savanna 135i

Thanks for the info. The Omni has a great lot!

2005 BMW F650 GS - Mandarin Yellow - Farkled
Appreciate 0