BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
cvandenhaute
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i, '19 Genesis G70

Meguiars Utlimate Wash and Wax

I figured I would share this since I am surprised with it. I bought a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax for replacing my old bottle of Turtle Wax car wash. I used it a few days ago for washing my AW 128i and WOW, I could not believe how glossy my car looks with it. I am pretty picky with my car detailing (typically buy a fortune in various stuff every year) and wax it twice a year but it even looks more glossy than after applying a layer of wax!!!! It is still shining liek a show car after 3 days (and there was some dusty rain here in CO yesterday). I tried it on the black SUV of my wife (typically looks dirty already the same day as I wash it because of the dust) and same thing : looks nice clean, shiny, almost wet... I thought all these products were basically the same, I guess not, sorry I have no picture to put
      09-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

I use this with my foam gun (not a pressure washer type). It works well and have very good results with this car wash. Very slick and no water spotting issues.
      09-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
mjb-er
Rep
Drives: space gray 128i

i am in love with...
http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwns.php?li=2
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvandenhaute View Post
I figured I would share this since I am surprised with it. I bought a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax for replacing my old bottle of Turtle Wax car wash. I used it a few days ago for washing my AW 128i and WOW, I could not believe how glossy my car looks with it. I am pretty picky with my car detailing (typically buy a fortune in various stuff every year) and wax it twice a year but it even looks more glossy than after applying a layer of wax!!!! It is still shining liek a show car after 3 days (and there was some dusty rain here in CO yesterday). I tried it on the black SUV of my wife (typically looks dirty already the same day as I wash it because of the dust) and same thing : looks nice clean, shiny, almost wet... I thought all these products were basically the same, I guess not, sorry I have no picture to put
+1, i even tried their ultimate quick wax (very quick) with great results...I simply touch it up on the weekend with ultimate quick detailer and looks just like I washed, clayed, polished, and waxed, the previous week.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

Smells AWESOME!!! And yes, it works great!