BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M SPORT 6M

COBB 1M stock map on 135i

Is there anyway I can put a stock 1M flash onto my n54 135i? I want a linear map and I'm sorry but without a custom tune Cobb S1 isn't linear, the power and torque a very up and down (butt dyno). Can some one copy a 1M map for use on a cobb 135i ROM
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Bavarian54bimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SER135 View Post
Is there anyway I can put a stock 1M flash onto my n54 135i? I want a linear map and I'm sorry but without a custom tune Cobb S1 isn't linear, the power and torque a very up and down (butt dyno). Can some one copy a 1M map for use on a cobb 135i ROM
Interesting Question, Waiting for Answers
      02-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can't just put a 1M map onto a regular N54. There are a few tables that operate differently.

What you need to do is figure out WHY your power delivery is uneven. If your datalogs are clear of timing corrections and boost overshoots then you just need to make some adjustments to your requested torque tables.
      02-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
JZWBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

I think the tuning could be done to make it run more like a 1M, but with the right tuning, it can run even better :-)

JZW
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
You can't just put a 1M map onto a regular N54. There are a few tables that operate differently.

What you need to do is figure out WHY your power delivery is uneven. If your datalogs are clear of timing corrections and boost overshoots then you just need to make some adjustments to your requested torque tables.
I wasn't sure if the 1M had all the same map info being N54, thanks for clearing that up.

In all honesty im just extremely pick, two other people have driven my car and they have no idea what im talking about. Saying that I also am 100% sure that the cobb S1 Drive map makes the car drive completely different to stock, what im after is a map that will pull close to 6000rpm for full power and have a relatively flat torque curve.

I like the progressive gain in power you get from stock, but im not having the same love for the cobb S1 Drive/Sport maps.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't sure if the 1M had all the same map info being N54, thanks for clearing that up.

In all honesty im just extremely pick, two other people have driven my car and they have no idea what im talking about. Saying that I also am 100% sure that the cobb S1 Drive map makes the car drive completely different to stock, what im after is a map that will pull close to 6000rpm for full power and have a relatively flat torque curve.

I like the progressive gain in power you get from stock, but im not having the same love for the cobb S1 Drive/Sport maps.
Ahh, i see what you're saying now. Unfortunately, with the stock turbs that's not really going to happen. The stock twins run out of breath at around 5,500rpms and the torque drops of with it. Of coarse, you run more timing to help offset the drop in airflow but it's not enough to keep it pulling like it does from 3K-5Krpms.

If you wanted, you could pull some boost out of the midrange and the car will have a lot more linear power curve. But you will be giving up a lot of torque and it will be slower.
      02-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

How about if I get FBO and not necesarily aim for a high HP map by more a very smooth linear map that rev's a little higher. Id be happy with 340-350rwhp if I go have a perfectly smooth map that peaks at 5500-6000RPM. Is this something that the guys at protunefreak can do via E-tune?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
How about if I get FBO and not necesarily aim for a high HP map by more a very smooth linear map that rev's a little higher. Id be happy with 340-350rwhp if I go have a perfectly smooth map that peaks at 5500-6000RPM. Is this something that the guys at protunefreak can do via E-tune?
Yeah, sure. That's definitely something Jake@PTF can make happen. Like i said though, you're giving up A LOT of power under the curve with a map like that.
      02-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Yeah, sure. That's definitely something Jake@PTF can make happen. Like i said though, you're giving up A LOT of power under the curve with a map like that.
Im not so much concerned with having the fastest all out car, its more about enjoying the drive. I really love the stock feel, so ideally I would just get a "bigger & better" version of that.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SER135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nema View Post
Im not so much concerned with having the fastest all out car, its more about enjoying the drive. I really love the stock feel, so ideally I would just get a "bigger & better" version of that.
Why don't you just leave your stock tune on?

'Linear throttle' maps from cobb do not feel stock. They have 'stock throttle' maps which mimic the same curve as stock maps. The extra torque from the tune can sometimes feel a bit like a slingshot on a 'stock throttle map' which sounds like what you are describing.

You could get an intercooler and bump up to stage 1+ which gives you both stock and linear throttle options.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
Why don't you just leave your stock tune on?

'Linear throttle' maps from cobb do not feel stock. They have 'stock throttle' maps which mimic the same curve as stock maps. The extra torque from the tune can sometimes feel a bit like a slingshot on a 'stock throttle map' which sounds like what you are describing.

You could get an intercooler and bump up to stage 1+ which gives you both stock and linear throttle options.
I actually REALLY like linear throttles, I can from a Drive by Cable e36 and I really enjoy having completely control over the throttle.

I did some datalogs yesterday on the freeway and turns out Im having a bit of timing correction so I may get an E-tune one I put all my mods on next week.
Appreciate 0