BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Non RFT options

Hi there,

Just need advise on a set of 4 non-RFTs for my 135i. I'm selling the car in a few months so don't want to spend the earth.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep
Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad chemist View Post
Hi there,

Just need advise on a set of 4 non-RFTs for my 135i. I'm selling the car in a few months so don't want to spend the earth.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mad.
Falcon 452s seem to be the tyre of choice - and a good price too. If you are looking at putting the car into a BMW dealer I would stick with RFTs though. They may decide to deduct the cost of a new set of rubber from the trade in price as they probably can't sell it as an AUC on non-spec rubber.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falmouthboy View Post
Falcon 452s seem to be the tyre of choice - and a good price too. If you are looking at putting the car into a BMW dealer I would stick with RFTs though. They may decide to deduct the cost of a new set of rubber from the trade in price as they probably can't sell it as an AUC on non-spec rubber.

Falmouthboy,

Thanks for the good advise.

I'm going for a private sale or trade-in with an Audi dealer. Moving on to a TTRS in July.

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Quote:
Hi there,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mad.

Eh Mad u selling ? I am suprised...

Just spoke to my stealer to ask for a brochure on the new M beast, said he would send one out when they are printed. Also said only 240 units coming to the UK so totally out of the question that I would get one.

Ah well, I can put the brochure on the wall and pretend...
      03-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
Eh Mad u selling ? I am suprised...

Just spoke to my stealer to ask for a brochure on the new M beast, said he would send one out when they are printed. Also said only 240 units coming to the UK so totally out of the question that I would get one.

Ah well, I can put the brochure on the wall and pretend...

Hi esscolab,

Yep, just fancied a change and got a great deal on a new TTRS (high spec).

I also saw the 1M at BMW HQ and wasn't that impressed on the looks. For my daily driver, I probably would never really get to appreciate what the 1M has over the 135i.

My allocation might still be on offer, if your interested (PM me if your keen). WRT the brochure, it came out early in January. I believe the UK gets 450 units (3 per dealer).

Let me know if you do get the 1M.

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Elo Mad

Nice choice, I'd say go for it, there's a white TTRS in my street, looks pretty mean.

If I did buy again it would be between the 1 or the RS5, but right now I don't drive like I used to with new job.
      03-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

You need to go and see the nice folks at the TT Shop - I've been lucky enough to spend some time driving and being driven in their TT-RS demo car, including a run at 180mph at Vmax.... it's a properly quick machine given a little tuning
      03-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
bazbar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW135i M Sport

Quote:
Hi there,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mad.
I have been looking @ the MAXXIS MA-Z1 (£110 each) for my 135i, only on the rears, I have them on my 200sx s14 (only has 280Bhp @ FW). They are a very grippy tyre in the Dry, about average in the wet. I was also looking at the Falcon 452s for the front.

Good Luck with your choice.

Baz
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

bazbar,

Thanks for the advise.

Selling the car in 2 months to make way for TTRS, so will see how the tyres look in a month's time, when the Auto trader advert goes out. I may just decide to allow for the tyre wear and discount the car when I have an interested purchaser.

Cheers anyway,

Mad.
Appreciate 0