BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
EMWOLB
Bon Vivant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Angry It Be a Nasty Black Little BMW Maude!

Twice in the last couple of days it happened! I'm in the middle lane to go straight ahead, and some clown pulls up next to me in the curb lane and he ain't turning. Well of course, you know his game, he's gonna beat me out from the light and get ahead of me.

The first time it was a big ole truck and the second a VW something. I get tired of people who just can't wait patiently at a light plus they block the people in the curb lane from turning.

I had this pulled on me enough times, so I gave them a taste of their own medicine. As expected, they floored their cars, and I did the same thing. The turbo gave out a horrible shriek and I must have been 5 car lengths ahead of them. I looked back, and the guy in the truck was pissed tailgating me. I then slowed down which likely pissed him off more. I was gonna wave back at him, but I figured discretion was the better part of valor.

The VW guy? Well he was so embarrassed he hung back that I could hardly see him!

Har har har!

Last edited by EMWOLB; 05-24-2015 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #2
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Good way to get yourself shot.

You can only drive one car at a time. Be careful out there. People are crazy and have been killed for less. I'm not exaggerating.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
Andrewcoja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MSport

I hate people who are too good to wait in a line and instead block another lane to get ahead of people. On my drive to work there is an on ramp that always backs up onto the feeder road past the light before it. People will get into the next lane, drive all the way up and then park somewhere with their signal on trying to get over. So I have to drive in the right lane and quickly get over to another lane that appears before I get blocked in just so I can go straight.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #4
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMWOLB View Post
Twice in the last couple of days it happened! I'm in the middle land to go straight ahead, and some clown pulls up next to me in the curb lane and he ain't turning. Well of course, you know his game, he's gonna beat me out from the light and get ahead of me.

The first time it was a big ole truck and the second a VW something. I get tired of people who just can't wait patiently at a light plus they block the people in the curb lane from turning.

I had this pulled on me enough times, so I gave them a taste of their own medicine. As expected, they floored their cars, and I did the same thing. The turbo gave out a horrible shriek and I must have been 5 car lengths ahead of them. I looked back, and the guy in the truck was pissed tailgating me. I then slowed down which likely pissed him off more. I was gonna wave back at him, but I figured discretion was the better part of valor.

The VW guy? Well he was so embarrassed he hung back that I could hardly see him!

Har har har!
Did you mean to post this on the 2ADDICTS forum instead?

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
EMWOLB
Bon Vivant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
Did you mean to post this on the 2ADDICTS forum instead?
What are you? Some kind of snob?

No I love the oners, and I feel more at home here. BTW, I bought an early 135i and drove it to death! I only bought the 2 because the 1 died!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #6
EMWOLB
Bon Vivant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post

You can only drive one car at a time. Be careful out there. People are crazy and have been killed for less. I'm not exaggerating.
You are correct. I'm lucky to have lived this long!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #7
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMWOLB View Post
What are you? Some kind of snob?

No I love the oners, and I feel more at home here. BTW, I bought an early 135i and drove it to death! I only bought the 2 because the 1 died!
Snob? Hardly... I think you are drawing conclusions about others based on a projection of your own values and thought processes. I was simply observing that you are driving an M235i but posting your complaints and M235i driving experiences on the 1 forum. Just trying to help... apparently you intended to post here and already have all the answers. Good luck.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #8
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
Snob? Hardly... I think you are drawing conclusions about others based on a projection of your own values and thought processes. I was simply observing that you are driving an M235i but posting your complaints and M235i driving experiences on the 1 forum. Just trying to help... apparently you intended to post here and already have all the answers. Good luck.
Lighten up, dude. It's just a forum. I actually intepreted your original (2addicts) post as kind of dick-ish, also.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #9
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp

This is pretty much how I feel these days. No matter how wrong I feel the other driver is I just don't feel its worth it to antagonize or retaliate against their selfish or even dangerous driving. A honk for dangerous driving is enough. Think about it, if he's a selfish jerk who wants to get his way and gets called on it or shown up in a nasty way do you think he's also the kind of guy to realize the error of his ways and not escalate? Not worth car or driver's safety.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #10
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
This is pretty much how I feel these days. No matter how wrong I feel the other driver is I just don't feel its worth it to antagonize or retaliate against their selfish or even dangerous driving. A honk for dangerous driving is enough. Think about it, if he's a selfish jerk who wants to get his way and gets called on it or shown up in a nasty way do you think he's also the kind of guy to realize the error of his ways and not escalate? Not worth car or driver's safety.
I agree with this. It's not worth a potential road rage incident. It's best just to let it go and move on IMO. Call 911 if it gets bad.
Appreciate 0