BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Deralique
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i BSM

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Motorworks: Service Review

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience I had yesterday with Mark at Motorworks Roseberry. This was the first major service for my car after picking it up in Oct last year and adding another 5000km's to clock, bringing the grand total to 50K. I thought it was high time for a service at least for an oil change. Found Motorworks/Mark's details via the forum in a random post, MrBlonde’s advice in particular.

First and foremost, beautiful new workshop, clean, uncluttered and professional. Mark was excellent to deal with, let me know he would need the car for the day and should ready at approx 5pm. I got a call about 11am to let me know what needed to be done, rear rotors and pads, oil, air filter and approximate cost . . . Which oil? Penrite 5w-50 . . . great, no problems, do it.

Mark called me at about 4pm to explain a couple of parts ordered(new rear rotors) took longer than expected but he would stay back and complete the repairs after hours and it should be ready at 7pm. Now this is when I started being blown away . . . I intended to catch a cab to the workshop (about $30/20 mins) but Mark refused and said he would personally deliver it to me at home. F*#k me! . . . I should have been annoyed it was taking longer! Instead, I was happier than I was before the phone call! Now that’s exceeding customer expectations. At around 8pm he called me back and let me know work was complete, went through everything item by item and I paid via credit over the phone. Easy as.

30 minutes later I had the car back. I handed it to Mark a little grubby after missing it’s weekly ritual pampering due the flu over the weekend (even had the first few days of the week off). Mark handed it back detailed beautifully and GLISTENING! Interior vacuumed, glass cleaned, even the engine bay had been done. Second time I’d been blown away, rushing to get the service work done after hours due to late arriving parts, the last thing I expected was a sparkling car. Mark the went through the finer detail in what he found during the service, work done and what he thought I could expect at the next service. He was happy to answer all my questions and was apologetic it took so long. I didn’t frackin care at this point, over the moon with his professionalism, depth of knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile to see me satisfied. May as well book in the next service now - I’ll be going back. 5 stars

Mark Kuok - Service Manager
Motorworks
2 Hayes Road
Roseberry NSW 2018
(02) 9669 3232
      04-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Kwokie is a gem and a nice bloke to boot! Glad it all worked out well for you.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralique View Post
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience I had yesterday with Mark at Motorworks Roseberry. This was the first major service for my car after picking it up in Oct last year and adding another 5000km's to clock, bringing the grand total to 50K. I thought it was high time for a service at least for an oil change. Found Motorworks/Mark's details via the forum in a random post, MrBlonde’s advice in particular.

First and foremost, beautiful new workshop, clean, uncluttered and professional. Mark was excellent to deal with, let me know he would need the car for the day and should ready at approx 5pm. I got a call about 11am to let me know what needed to be done, rear rotors and pads, oil, air filter and approximate cost . . . Which oil? Penrite 5w-50 . . . great, no problems, do it.

Mark called me at about 4pm to explain a couple of parts ordered(new rear rotors) took longer than expected but he would stay back and complete the repairs after hours and it should be ready at 7pm. Now this is when I started being blown away . . . I intended to catch a cab to the workshop (about $30/20 mins) but Mark refused and said he would personally deliver it to me at home. F*#k me! . . . I should have been annoyed it was taking longer! Instead, I was happier than I was before the phone call! Now that’s exceeding customer expectations. At around 8pm he called me back and let me know work was complete, went through everything item by item and I paid via credit over the phone. Easy as.

30 minutes later I had the car back. I handed it to Mark a little grubby after missing it’s weekly ritual pampering due the flu over the weekend (even had the first few days of the week off). Mark handed it back detailed beautifully and GLISTENING! Interior vacuumed, glass cleaned, even the engine bay had been done. Second time I’d been blown away, rushing to get the service work done after hours due to late arriving parts, the last thing I expected was a sparkling car. Mark the went through the finer detail in what he found during the service, work done and what he thought I could expect at the next service. He was happy to answer all my questions and was apologetic it took so long. I didn’t frackin care at this point, over the moon with his professionalism, depth of knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile to see me satisfied. May as well book in the next service now - I’ll be going back. 5 stars

Mark Kuok - Service Manager
Motorworks
2 Hayes Road
Roseberry NSW 2018
(02) 9669 3232
Thanks for the review!

I'm looking for a new mechanic and will give Mark a call.

Service like this is so rare.

On a side note, interesting on the 5w-50. My last oil change (4000km ago) was with the Penrite 5w-50 too. I've found it pretty good, but fuel consumption is quite high (has more to do with traffic, my right foot, and being in full DS mode 24/7 than the oil).

Thanks again mate
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Deralique
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i BSM

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
No problems at all. I'm the type of guy that doesn't tip as a general rule but if I'm suitably impressed, I'm all over it

Oil wise, he said he's always used Penrite and swore by it. Really had nothing nice to say about Castrol though . . . . only BMW's official oil because they sponsored the F1 team etc. Some of the major Sydney BMW dealerships are switching away from it apparently . . .

I'll be very interested to see what my fuel economy is like with new oil and new air filter also. There was really grotty aftermarket one in there that couldn't be helping the air flow much . . .
      08-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Thanks for this review!
Got referred to this place by a friend cause I needed to find a mechanic.

Called up my dealership servicing department and they didnt know about carbon build up (If you dont know either, you might not want to know! seriously)