Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

BMW Australia: "More 1M cars allocated to Australia"

AusMotiv.com - June 9, 2011:
http://www.ausmotive.com/2011/06/09/...allocation.htm

"BMW Australia hopes to double 1M allocation
June 9th, 2011
This morning Car Advice brings some ripping news for fans of the BMW 1M Coupé. Like most markets, BMW Australia has been receiving high demand for the 1M and they have been working hard to secure more cars from the fatherland.
Lucy McLellan, BMW Australia representative told Car Advice, “BMW in Munich has been under constant pressure since we announced the car for the Australian market, and we’re pleased that overwhelming customer demand has meant we’re able to offer more cars to our dealers.”
While a final number has not been agreed, it’s hoped the new allocation could see as many as 200 1M Coupé find their way to Australia.
An official number wasn’t given when BMW Australia confirmed pricing for the $99,900 1M, but they did say it would be limited to “around 100 units”. Word on the street says those 100 cars have already been snapped up, so a potential doubling of the allocation is great news for those who may be on a waiting list hoping for cancelled orders."

So, which market is next ?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Capt Slow
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 530i Sport Individual

$99,000? That is way less than I thought/heard it would be. The 1M will be cheaper than a 335i Coupe according to this, that cant be right.. Is that the official price for it here? I'm not complaining, just seems odd.

Anyone with 100K AU to spend wanting a performance car would have to be a fool or very one eyed to buy anything else.
      06-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Slow View Post
$99,000? That is way less than I thought/heard it would be. The 1M will be cheaper than a 335i Coupe according to this, that cant be right.. Is that the official price for it here? I'm not complaining, just seems odd.

Anyone with 100K AU to spend wanting a performance car would have to be a fool or very one eyed to buy anything else.
On the road it's closer to $110k. And yes, it is still at that price an absolute performance bargain...
      06-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Capt Slow
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 530i Sport Individual

Beautiful! Now I just have to wait 4-5 years and pick up a second hand one.
      06-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
Ascari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M - 08 X3 MSport 3.0D

Hey, there is a more lengthy thread on the allocation update on the aus regional thread if you're interested.

But yes, significantly less than an optioned 335 on the road. Can't wait for mine

Hope you're enjoying the angry Jaffa lavaletta!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
Hey, there is a more lengthy thread on the allocation update on the aus regional thread if you're interested.

But yes, significantly less than an optioned 335 on the road. Can't wait for mine

Hope you're enjoying the angry Jaffa lavaletta!
It really is absolutely brilliant. The real genius of it is the way a track-capable car has been made a brilliant daily driver also!