BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #45
Mechz
Naturally Aspirated Fiend
Rep
Drives: 130i

Seems weird to start the fire at the front of the car when all the super flammable stuff is at the back and in the middle.

If you didn't mention an attempt on the neighbors front door I would have thought it could be a car fault that started it.
      04-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #46
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
Haha. I'm sure he meant triple digit IQ...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #47
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechz View Post
Seems weird to start the fire at the front of the car when all the super flammable stuff is at the back and in the middle.

If you didn't mention an attempt on the neighbors front door I would have thought it could be a car fault that started it.
From what the "Fire-ies" said, modern fuel cells are most unlikely to explode. Apparently the way they are designed makes it nearly impossible. I asked exactly that question, and the reply was "only in Hollywood".

That, and the 10 or so newspapers and beanie under the front of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
Haha. I'm sure he meant triple digit IQ...
Ha Ha Ha ...... I actually meant to say "those of us with more than a double digit IQ"
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #48
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

With the theoretical average IQ being 100 then half the population must have an IQ of one or two digits. This doesn't make them fuckwits. Fuckwits seem to span all IQ levels. I've got some great mates who aren't all that bright (I'm reasonably sure they'd say the same about me...) & I know some complete deadshits who are pretty smart. Dumb doesn't mean stupid. As Forrest said, "Stupid is as stupid does".
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #49
AussieAlf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LMB 123d MT Vert

bfi2906,
I'm really happy no-one was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
Seems it not enough to blow up a letter box or two on cracker night anymore, you have to torch cars for fun.
I actually think that making fireworks illegal (and other associated nanny state "danger" restrictions) have a lot to do with vandalism, street crime, train surfing and other stupid teenage destructive and self-destructive activities. No longer can kids get thte adrenalin rush of firing skyrockets at one another (and yes, blowing up the occasional letterbox) that people somehat like me could indulge in as kids. But then, I guess th Prohibition worked.

@Kenny - Thanks for bringing a smile to my face in the midst of a rather disturbing and serious topic.

Cheers,
Alf
      04-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAlf View Post
bfi2906,
I'm really happy no-one was hurt.
Thanks Alf

Woo Hoo - Insurance have formally written it off. I don't know why, but I'm very relieved. I guess, because it was so new, and insured for just under new price, I feared insurance economics and actuaries might find an equation that made it "repairable" - that would have been a disaster.

But all good now.

Thanks to all for your comments and empathy - very much appreciated
Appreciate 0