04-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
turbomzi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M

Track Day - VA/DC/MD area

I wanted to see if people interested to do an event like below:

http://www.summitpointfatt.com/index...catid=7:events

It is basically like renting the track for 2.5 hours and if we have 7-12 participants, it's $300 per person. We can also try to post in bimmerfest to get more people if necessary, but this just sounds like a good event to do.

The dates are flexible, we can request a different day and see what they say.

I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested are out there.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata

Garage List
Never done track days before but that's because I never had a car I wanted to track. I'm definitely considering doing a HPDE this year, but $300 sounds like a lot for a few hours on a track. I'm guessing it's because we would be paying for exclusive use? How much do track days usually run?
2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

$300 is usually what you pay for a weekend. That would give you about 4 hours of total track time (about 4 30 min sessions per day). I would be more up for a private session as there would be less risk and traffic and everyone would have similar power levels and handling which would keep everything spread out nicely. Count me in 100%.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
turbomzi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M

Maximus, the key is there will be a few people and we get the full track for the time and you can run all of that (not recommended, but you can if you want). Also no classes or wasted time between sessions... With a regular Friday at the Track, you get 4 x 20 min sessions, but it takes your whole Friday (full day) because of classes and all of that.

I888 and Maximus, if you are interested, we are thinking about doing the June 6th session... If you have another date in mind, let me know, date is not firm yet, look under the link I posted, it lists all the dates available and we can always request a different date.

I know two other people with e92 M3s interested so it would be a great session as all cars are about the same performance It's all about driving abilities at that point... It should be more fun.
Appreciate 0