BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #23
Fumus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
That looks great what did you use to clean the engine??
My first thread here ever...almost been 1 whole year with the 1.

So glad I changed the lights and went with AE lux...also adding the matte black grills just makes the car so much meaner looking IMHO.

What did I use to clean the engine? I bought some foaming engine cleaner, basically you spray the stuff on let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and then spray it off. If you have a DCI (like I do now) you should put some plastic bags over those and rubber band them down. Then you just spray off the foam (or whats left of it) and tada! CLEAN!

Maybe I'll post a pic of a year later...and a year better
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #24
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

OK I just got my car today after it was sitting at the dealer for three months. I was using the car to run some around the city, and was pushing it hard a lot of the time. The car had 1/4 of a tank left and wanted to burn the old fuel off, and fill some new fuel in. I did around 60 KM since I got it. I was accelerating hard and then suddenly I get the engine light and I turned it off and on it was gone. I suspected that I heard wooooosh sound under medium acceleration, but when I stopped the car at the house and revved it a bit I couldn't hear it again. The problem is I haven't driven the car for so long I'm not sure if that sound is normal or not, going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and get the code read. Anybody could have a guess what it would be? I need to have a look at that intercooler connection maybe a similar problem.

Its weird that I come to post a similar problem and find this thread!!!
      09-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Just went out with a flash light and checked to see if anything is loose, but everything seems to be connected properly. Did small test drive, under light load no sound or when revving at a stand still. When I'm moving and under medium to hard acceleration, there is a very odd sound which sounds like a vacuum/air sound very weird sound. And oddly enough no engine light!!!
      09-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
Fumus
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
Just went out with a flash light and checked to see if anything is loose, but everything seems to be connected properly. Did small test drive, under light load no sound or when revving at a stand still. When I'm moving and under medium to hard acceleration, there is a very odd sound which sounds like a vacuum/air sound very weird sound. And oddly enough no engine light!!!
No idea dude. This was my only experience with the yellow engine light and it's never come back.

I COBB tuned my 2009 135i and I beat the crap out of it on the regular and no trouble...nothing. Fearing 50K though.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #27
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, M-B A220

Garage List
Just going through the forums and found this... I have the exact same issue too.

I may have heard a popping sound once, and since then, whenever I open up the throttle hard I get a half engine light.

I don't actually feel any loss of power and the light turns off once I restart the car and won't reappear until I push the car again. Any ideas?
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #28
Fumus
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
Just going through the forums and found this... I have the exact same issue too.

I may have heard a popping sound once, and since then, whenever I open up the throttle hard I get a half engine light.

I don't actually feel any loss of power and the light turns off once I restart the car and won't reappear until I push the car again. Any ideas?
Damn been awhile since I even had the car.

Been STi for years now and never looked back.

Anyways, if you look back in the thread... you can see what happened to me. The charge pipe became disconnected from the intercooling piping. I believe it just blew it off because it was loose.

Post a picture your engine, I'm sure someone will have some suggestions.
Appreciate 0