BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Exclamation Another drunk driver...

Thought i'd share yet another good experience with you guys, just got home after all this happened.

Some of you may remember my drink driving catch performed in Canberra back in April. After this, i've made it a habit to call 000 when I see a blatant drunk driver - i have absolutely no tolerance for it.

Tonight coming home from the city i spotted a blatant pissed driver. Coming along Homebush Bay Dr, this car was across both lanes, swerving, and doing 50-60km/h in the 80 zone. I called 000 and said I would stay on the phone as I followed the vehicle.

I have to give NSW Police props - the 000 operator was juggling my directions with directing police for a good 20 minutes. We ended up in Newington where I had my hazard lights on (something I learnt from my first experience so police are able to identify me from a distance). The first police car, a general duties wagon pulled over the drunk driver on Newington Rd and i also stopped. I was breathalised by the second car (and sober as a bishop). Another 3 cars turned up. The driver was drunk and was arrested on the spot.

I was thank profusely by the attending police, something that doesn't happen often. They made it a point to mention the owner and driver lived only two streets away and they were lucky to catch him driving. If he had pulled onto his property they would be unable to breathalise him!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you about what happened because it is worth every single second you spend on the phone and helping police catch these guys. I, for one, will never ever allow anyone who does this to get away with it. So please, if you see this happening, call 000. You're probably going to save a life if immediately or in the long term.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Funnily enough, the police radios weren't 'secure' and I now know this idiot's address.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Well done, I hope that fucker fries!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Good on ya !! justice is served!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Tay 2 - Drink Drivers 0
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
LOL!

I thought I was the only one in the world who does that!

Well done Tay!

PS - do you tell drivers about their brake lights being out and tyres being flat as well?
Twice in one week on the same stretch of road I had to point out to two women (one in a Hyundai, the other in an SLK300) that they were driving on the rim. They new something was wrong, but didn't think they should stop to see what it might be!

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Good job Tay.
      12-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Good job Citizen Alex Did you offer detailing services for the 5 police vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
thunderb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

We were on our way to Brisbane from Toowoomba, and were stopped at some roadworks just outside of toowoomba where the car next to us, with 4 guys in the car and the driver was on P Plates and saw the guys in the back pass two beers through to the front , the passenger an driver both cracked open a beer and the driver was happily drinking away, as we started moving again the car was swerving all over the road, so we called 000, got put through to someone, took our names and vehicle details and then their rego, type, colour of car etc... they said they would try to get some one to look into it. we traveled a safe distance behind the car for the next 50 kms watching them swerve and not stay in their lane.

But no cops ever showed up. It would have been an absolute tradgedy if they had of had or caused an accident and the Police did nothing to stop it.

They'd much prefer to hide behind trees and catch people doing 55 in a 50 zone than actually do something properly about road safety...

I was absolutely disgusted with the Police that day.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #10
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderb View Post
We were on our way to Brisbane from Toowoomba, and were stopped at some roadworks just outside of toowoomba where the car next to us, with 4 guys in the car and the driver was on P Plates and saw the guys in the back pass two beers through to the front , the passenger an driver both cracked open a beer and the driver was happily drinking away, as we started moving again the car was swerving all over the road, so we called 000, got put through to someone, took our names and vehicle details and then their rego, type, colour of car etc... they said they would try to get some one to look into it. we traveled a safe distance behind the car for the next 50 kms watching them swerve and not stay in their lane.

But no cops ever showed up. It would have been an absolute tradgedy if they had of had or caused an accident and the Police did nothing to stop it.

They'd much prefer to hide behind trees and catch people doing 55 in a 50 zone than actually do something properly about road safety...

I was absolutely disgusted with the Police that day.
In vic the cops would have setup a road block and shot all 4
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
LOL!

I thought I was the only one in the world who does that!

Well done Tay!

PS - do you tell drivers about their brake lights being out and tyres being flat as well?
Twice in one week on the same stretch of road I had to point out to two women (one in a Hyundai, the other in an SLK300) that they were driving on the rim. They new something was wrong, but didn't think they should stop to see what it might be!
I do and headlights as well. Actually heading into the city last night saw 4 cars at least without headlights. Sigh!

Thanks all, just glad this guy was caught.

I mentioned to one of the cops that there's nothing like a vigilante, and he said he wished more people would do it!

Definitely Tay 2, drink drivers 0. God forbid if that ever becomes more than 0 to anyone
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
If he had pulled onto his property they would be unable to breathalise him!
I don't believe that is correct.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
Quote:
If he had pulled onto his property they would be unable to breathalise him!
I don't believe that is correct.
This is what I am told. They are unable to subject him to a breath test.

And that came from the police.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

I saw on the TV that police pulled a woman out of her house to test her. It was on RBT. True story.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #15
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Mmm there is a little grey area in that if you are on your own property and then they catch you they can't put you on a breathalyzer, BUT than do a sobriety test and the courts will take the experience of the officer (well in maw anyway)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #16
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
In vic the cops would have setup a road block and shot all 4
oh please
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #17
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

so this drunk driver who you followed a few km...didn't hit or clip anyone/anything during the time u followed him??? and he didn't speed either???

wow he must be blatantly drunk
      12-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Well done Tay, but why the **** did they breathalyse you? Are the cops so dumb as to think a drunk driver would dob in another drunk driver?

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
so this drunk driver who you followed a few km...didn't hit or clip anyone/anything during the time u followed him??? and he didn't speed either???

wow he must be blatantly drunk
You don't have to hit anything to have to qualify as a drunk driver.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #20
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

Quote:
Thought i'd share yet another good experience with you guys, just got home after all this happened.

Some of you may remember my drink driving catch performed in Canberra back in April. After this, i've made it a habit to call 000 when I see a blatant drunk driver - i have absolutely no tolerance for it.

Tonight coming home from the city i spotted a blatant pissed driver. Coming along Homebush Bay Dr, this car was across both lanes, swerving, and doing 50-60km/h in the 80 zone. I called 000 and said I would stay on the phone as I followed the vehicle.

I have to give NSW Police props - the 000 operator was juggling my directions with directing police for a good 20 minutes. We ended up in Newington where I had my hazard lights on (something I learnt from my first experience so police are able to identify me from a distance). The first police car, a general duties wagon pulled over the drunk driver on Newington Rd and i also stopped. I was breathalised by the second car (and sober as a bishop). Another 3 cars turned up. The driver was drunk and was arrested on the spot.

I was thank profusely by the attending police, something that doesn't happen often. They made it a point to mention the owner and driver lived only two streets away and they were lucky to catch him driving. If he had pulled onto his property they would be unable to breathalise him!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you about what happened because it is worth every single second you spend on the phone and helping police catch these guys. I, for one, will never ever allow anyone who does this to get away with it. So please, if you see this happening, call 000. You're probably going to save a life if immediately or in the long term.
LOL hahaha that is so funny.. im so going to do that as well.maybe if i get bored one night ill just go out driving looking for drunk drivers...
BUT! wont you get done talking on the phone while driving?? (guessing you have hands free on you or in your car!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #21
Tit
Australia
Rep
Drives: 964C2 // 1M // R56JCW

I've got a mate who's a car numpty - got a flat tire about 2km from his home and thought it'd be inconvenient to stop the car there - so he tried to get home.

He was whining to me that the insurance company wouldn't fix a bunch of the damage done by the shredded tire to his bodywork and rim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
      12-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #22
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
You don't have to hit anything to have to qualify as a drunk driver.
I believe you did the right thing, and I certainly do not condone drink driving. But thing I can't stand is someone who acts like a traffic cop.

I mean, I don't know your driving history, or make an assumption about your general driving habits, but do you break the speed limit? Because if you do, then I could do the very same thing to you and I would have a valid argument because like a drunk driver, you are breaking the law correct?

I mean 'speeding' kills and so does drink driving correct?

Leave policing to the police.

Not being grumpy, I'm just 50/50 about this because unfortunately sometimes being a good Samaritan may back fire.

If I see your car around I will stay well away because you might call the Police on me for not using indicators when changing lanes..
Appreciate 0