BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #23
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post

Seriously, it might be the pipe supplying compressed air from the turbo to the engine
Correct, it supplies the boost from the turbos. Many people on these forums usually get it when they up the boost because the pipe isn't secured very well.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 04:58 AM   #24
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Correct, it supplies the boost from the turbos. Many people on these forums usually get it when they up the boost because the pipe isn't secured very well.
It's actually secured pretty well, it's the blow-by oil that lubes the connections and makes it easier to 'blow off'. You'd be surprised how much oil accumulates in the turbo loop on these cars so a catch can is a great idea if you want to keep it clean.

You should ask them which part blew of and if any dirt may have been injested in the turbo loop, dirt / foreign bodies and turbine blades don't mix well.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 05:47 AM   #25
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
It's actually secured pretty well, it's the blow-by oil that lubes the connections and makes it easier to 'blow off'. You'd be surprised how much oil accumulates in the turbo loop on these cars so a catch can is a great idea if you want to keep it clean.

You should ask them which part blew of and if any dirt may have been injested in the turbo loop, dirt / foreign bodies and turbine blades don't mix well.
Thanks for the tip I'll get on the phone with my SA tomorrow It's just I read that forum members are looking to buy aftermarket charge pipes, while the more some have used a more 'ghetto' fix with zip ties and clamps to secure the pipe.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #26
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Thanks for the tip I'll get on the phone with my SA tomorrow It's just I read that forum members are looking to buy aftermarket charge pipes, while the more some have used a more 'ghetto' fix with zip ties and clamps to secure the pipe.
Many do this as they upgrade their FMIC or DV's and they don't use the stock fittings for connecting up. Or if you want to run meth or nitros and don't want to tap into the stock part.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Alright, they just called me and told me that the part is coming from Germany and would take "12-14 days to arrive." Bloody hell that's 2 weeks without anyway to get to work reliably! So naturally I asked for a loan car.

"Sorry, we can't provide you with a car." What the fuck? I didn't pay this much money for a car to have this sort of treatment.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #28
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Alright, they just called me and told me that the part is coming from Germany and would take "12-14 days to arrive." Bloody hell that's 2 weeks without anyway to get to work reliably! So naturally I asked for a loan car.

"Sorry, we can't provide you with a car." What the fuck? I didn't pay this much money for a car to have this sort of treatment.
That is piss poor

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #29
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

What the f... no loan car?!

Tell them to f off. I put some water into the headlight and the xenon failed. They had to order parts from Deutchland as well and took 2 weeks. Meanwhile I was using their BRAND NEW fully optioned (besides audio) 325i to drive.

http://taka-135.blogspot.com/2009/08...ring-home.html

Call them again. It is against BMW policy haha....

I guess if I were in Sydney I won't be owning a BMW.

I am lucky to have Andrew Southern BM and people in BMW Melbourne.
      03-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #30
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
What the f... no loan car?!

Tell them to f off. I put some water into the headlight and the xenon failed. They had to order parts from Deutchland as well and took 2 weeks. Meanwhile I was using their BRAND NEW fully optioned (besides audio) 325i to drive.

http://taka-135.blogspot.com/2009/08...ring-home.html

Call them again. It is against BMW policy haha....

I guess if I were in Sydney I won't be owning a BMW.

I am lucky to have Andrew Southern BM and people in BMW Melbourne.
Taka you are a lifesaver, gave BMW a call again after reading your post and expressed to them my extreme displeasure (didn't go as far as telling them to f off though :P)

Was put on hold for a few minutes, and then my SA came back to tell me they had made arrangements for a loan car on Monday...

..a 135i 'vert

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 05:13 AM   #31
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Quote:
Was put on hold for a few minutes, and then my SA came back to tell me they had made arrangements for a loan car on Monday...
Good on you - I am a firm believer in telling someone that their service is crappy, if it is. I am pleased it is sorted.