BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Another indication that the World production is going to end in July at the latest

Some may remember that I ordered my 1M when I was in Turkey last year and was able to programme the car's production such as it was shipped directly to Chile where I started living and working after September 2011. I keep a good contact with my Turkish CA which provides me with invaluable and direct information about the car and other matters that he gathers from BMW Headquarters time to time. Very useful given the quality of BMW Dealer here in Santiago, they are more distant! Anyway, sometime ago I asked them how many 1Ms were sold in Turkey (mine not included there or here) and he replied today; just three 1Ms were sold there, very low number given the size of that market, they sell around 1500 new BMWs every month. Reason: initially the price of 1M was 103,500 EURO (roughly 135,500 US Dollars) when I was still there for a base car with just certain options included, not even loaded. At that time the tax burden on cars with engines over 3 litre was around 100 %, like doubling their Germany factory prices. Well, since a few months that burden is over 130 % and now he says that they can still take an order for a 1M and the new price should be 138,275 EURO (over 181,000 US Dollars). Of course, they are not receiving any new orders! Side note: I did not pay anything like that, another story.

What he also says that they can take orders up to May but no later according to the information they received from BMW Headquarters which is a confirmation of the rumours that the World production is really ending at June or July before model year 2013 starts. The only remaining question is if the rest of 1 series coupe and cabriolet also end? My guess is yes and now BMW will concentrate on new models. I think we will see the new coupe as early as 2014 model year which can bring a new M2 or 2M as early (or late) as model year 2015.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
What he also says that they can take orders up to May but no later according to the information they received from BMW Headquarters which is a confirmation of the rumours that the World production is really ending at June or July before model year 2013 starts. The only remaining question is if the rest of 1 series coupe and cabriolet also end? My guess is yes and now BMW will concentrate on new models. I think we will see the new coupe as early as 2014 model year which can bring a new M2 or 2M as early (or late) as model year 2015.
Most rumors refer to a one year built 03/2011-03/2012, maybe stretched to 06/2012. Forthcoming Summer we'll all know. According to some New Age folks "interpreting" the Maya calendar, we're all doomed this year anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Most rumors refer to a one year built 03/2011-03/2012, maybe stretched to 06/2012. Forthcoming Summer we'll all know. According to some New Age folks "interpreting" the Maya calendar, we're all doomed this year anyway.

^^
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

Oh no! We are doomed and the fault is BMW ending the 1M production! It will set the world on fire... oh no... ;-)
Appreciate 0