02-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Post 1M owners with car seats

So I have been looking hard to find car seats for my identical twin boy. The first obstacle is finding a pair that will fit in the 1M. Secondly, I wanted seats that would not dig into the back seats and destroy the leather. Tested these out and I think they are perfect for kids 22-100lbs. Best of all they look good with the AW exterior. Hope this is helpful for some.

The Saftey1st states that the Rümi™ Air Harnessed Boosters have a 'Unique FlexTechTM design which provides added strength to protect your child,' and almost as important "also allows for a smooth surface that helps vehicle interiors!"

http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/s1/...r-car-seat.htm

Name:  RUMI.JPG
Views: 11701
Size:  36.7 KB

Installed pic:

Name:  booster.JPG
Views: 17037
Size:  109.6 KB
      02-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

You would do really well to put some nice towels under the car-seats to prevent any damage to the leather from point-contacts around the chair. We do this with other cars in the household.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

I'm kind of a Britax whore but this is a solid-looking seat. Looks like something a stormtrooper child would sit in! Thanks for the lead ...

EDIT: Just checked out the seat on Amazon and I'm wondering if you've encountered any of the issues some of the reviewers bring up?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter
You would do really well to put some nice towels under the car-seats to prevent any damage to the leather from point-contacts around the chair. We do this with other cars in the household.
The towels are in the picture! Got 2 large black plush bath towels from Target for added protection.
      02-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
I wanted seats that would not dig into the back seats and destroy the leather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
As rapter correctly suggested: a folded towel under the seat protects the leather from being scuffed or scratched. So far always worked for me. Got the impression that Metak used a black folded towel indeed. Upon removal, some sort of imprint of the shape of the childseat on the seats is inevitable. However, after a short period of time the flexible leather gets back into its original shape (noticed that during the trade-in when moving over the childseat to my 1M).

Here's mine (nothing hi-tech, but no complaints from the signorina about her "throne"):

Name:  IndyRT_Seat.JPG
Views: 900
Size:  17.1 KB
Name:  IndyRT_Seat2.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  67.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

My wife's car features one of the Chicco Key2-3 series child seats (http://key23.chicco.com/) (children of 15-36 kg). More hi-tech and modern than mine. However, never tried to fit that one in my car, so cannot comment, except for the fact that it's a fine child seat.

For younger children it's comfortable to use the child seat belt with central buckle of the Isofix child seat (as in Metak's picture), not requiring the use of the car seat belt: you don't need to reach over the child to find the car seat buckle. However, once the child needs a bigger child seat (3 to 4 years), most child seats require the use of the car seat belt, buckling up on the side (regardless whether Isofix equipped or not), and that's sometimes a pain in the 1M: the 1M seats are smaller/tighter than on the 3er, hence, most child seats (partially) cover the car seat buckle. My daughter manages to buckle up herself in my wife's car, but not in my 1M.
Appreciate 0