BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
Texoma1836
2012 Alpine White BMW 135i ///M-Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N55 135i

Something ain't right and I think the dealership did it...

Only thing I've done to her is put on a Berk cat-back system. Was driving up to Austin and POP, 7th to 4th gear...shit. I slowly accelerated and got it back into 7th and it was running fine in that gear with no warning lights. Pulled over and shut her off to let it cool down and see if anything electronic needed to reset. I turned it back on, watched the rev dial jump around like crazy and felt the engine trying to jump right out of the car. 10 minutes later I tried it again and got it into 1st and started driving away. It was waiting waaaaay too long before shifting into the next gear, so I drove it home manually. Next morning, same problems only now the engine is dying. I get it towed to BMW, they try to convince me it's my fuel pump. I tell them I've already had one fuel pump replaced and that is most definitely not the problem. They think I'm crazy. Fast forward a full day and a half and they've finally found the problem; the charge pipe fell off at the mount to the throttle body due to "material defect". I do all the research and find that this is a common problem for people running higher boost levels which I'm not. Oh well, it's plastic, my engine is hot, and it's 110 degrees in Texas so it's not surprising it got brittle and broke. They replace the charge pipe and I get my car back and it seemingly drives fine, BUT something has happened to the sound. It sounds different, lower and almost quieter. It's not like I'm a guy who has to have a screaming exhaust system, but now I'm wondering if there isn't something still wrong or something that was changed, because a replaced charge pipe shouldn't alter the sound of anything, right? Did the dealership screw with my diverter valve? Is something still not correct? Did the utterly incompetent people at the BMW of Austin mess something up? Just about every experience I've had with them has been poor so I wouldn't be surprised if something still isn't right and they're just trying to pass it off until it breaks again.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #2
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Your chargepipe may have been falling for a while. Your engine may have been working harder with a leaky cp. Also the dealer more than likely reset ecu/dme.