BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #23
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d, M3 DCT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
Swift135 - wow $93k! You mean those options cost you $13k? I think a lot of things are standard on the 135 we're getting here in oz like leather, rear park sensors, xenons, chrome window surround, anti dazzle mirrors, auto lights and wipers, cruise. So basically you are paying $13k for the stereo upgrade and comfort access! Better clarify with your dealer.

I am optioning i-drive/nav ($4200) and metallic paint ($??). I think grey poplar trim is a N/C item. My dealer still hasn't given me a final price though.

BTW good to have a definite launch date. The car will be in Melbourne at the end of Feb, going to try to get there for a look.

WAY - good idea to share info here as it comes to hand as we Aussies appear to be a lot more in the dark about the car than our American and Euro conterparts.
Hi D3syd, This is the breakdown, $80k for 135i, C/access $1k, stereo upgrade $2k, anti dazzle mirrors $500, metallic paint $1800 stamp duty $3000 (stamp duty has doubled on QLD on 1/1/08), dealer predelivery $4000, rego (Qld) $600 and luxury car tax on all the extra costs over $80k base car price tops it off to around $93k. Take all the taxes etc off the car and remove the 10% dealer profit I would estimate that BMW Aust are buying the cars for about A$45-48K from BMW AG. And that would include shipping costs to Aust.
The 135s coming to Aust are all M sport standard and thus have black window surrounds not chrome.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 06:40 AM   #24
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Welcome SA135i. Unfortunately it looks like we are only getting the car in May. I know some people in BMW Australia and will see if it is possible for me to drive the car when it comes to Melb in Feb. I suspect not as they tend to be pretty tight on these sort of stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #25
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift135 View Post
Hi D3syd, This is the breakdown, $80k for 135i, C/access $1k, stereo upgrade $2k, anti dazzle mirrors $500, metallic paint $1800 stamp duty $3000 (stamp duty has doubled on QLD on 1/1/08), dealer predelivery $4000, rego (Qld) $600 and luxury car tax on all the extra costs over $80k base car price tops it off to around $93k. Take all the taxes etc off the car and remove the 10% dealer profit I would estimate that BMW Aust are buying the cars for about A$45-48K from BMW AG. And that would include shipping costs to Aust.
The 135s coming to Aust are all M sport standard and thus have black window surrounds not chrome.
$4k for dealer delivery? Aren't you getting any discount? With stamp being 2% in QLD, I was also surprised at your drive away price.

And thanks for the tip on black windows surround. I hope you are correct as I hate the chrome. My X3 is M sport and as such as glossy black window surround. Looks so much nicer IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #26
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Welcome SA135i. Unfortunately it looks like we are only getting the car in May. I know some people in BMW Australia and will see if it is possible for me to drive the car when it comes to Melb in Feb. I suspect not as they tend to be pretty tight on these sort of stuff.
WAY, Thanks for the welcome.

If the US is anything to go by, you wont even be able to open the door and sit in the car let alone actually get to drive it. Hopefully they send you one with keys unlike the US Auto shows.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #27
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

One more thing I have a clause in contract stating that if any of the costings of the items (including the 135) are lower when the official pricing is released than it will be adjusted in my favor and if they are higher than the dealer will wear the costs. The same thing happened when I bought my X5, I received about $400 back in that deal. I think the dealers are fairly close on the costings. I bet the car will come in at $79700 when released.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 06:55 AM   #28
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
$4k for dealer delivery? Aren't you getting any discount? With stamp being 2% in QLD, I was also surprised at your drive away price.

And thanks for the tip on black windows surround. I hope you are correct as I hate the chrome. My X3 is M sport and as such as glossy black window surround. Looks so much nicer IMHO.
I have been given a discount as this is the 7th BMW I have bought in the last 6 years. I have been asked not to disclose the discount. As of the 1st January stamp duty in Queensland is up to 5% of the purchase price depending on how "green friendly" the car is. If it runs on batteries than you pay 2% if not you pay through the nose.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #29
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Thanks WAY for the info. You're a legend!

$4,000 for dealer delivery :eyebulge: Sheeh, that's one way for dealers to claw back some profit!

My dealer told me that the chrome window surrounds are standard... hmm.

Lets stay in contact guys.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #30
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift135 View Post
As of the 1st January stamp duty in Queensland is up to 5% of the purchase price depending on how "green friendly" the car is. If it runs on batteries than you pay 2% if not you pay through the nose.
:eyebulge: Wow, an extra 5% in taxes. I guess it sometimes helps to still live in a "developing country" :wink: as we do not get any of these additional charges/taxes as yet.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #31
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Finally Qld is getting the same tax as the rest of us! I guess that is an end to seeing all the Qld plated cars around my area. Haha. I am expecting the car to be just over $80k drive away if I don't have options (which is obviously unlikely). I am like a personal fleet buyer for my dealer so they know what sort of pricing to give me if they want to keep the business from myself, friends and family! (have bought over 20 cars from them in the last 5 years).

d3syd, great to see your interior combo. I went to sit in a 130i today in the beige leather, and was mightily impressed by it. Mum has a 325i in beige, but the 3 series leather is different colour. Our one will be more brown. I am going to order the same interior colour as you also with grey poplar, but with white exterior. Still not sure what to do with other options, but given I want to turn this into my track car, the less option the better I think.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #32
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Standard Specification
The standard specification builds on the standard specification of the 130i Sport including the M Sport Package and adding in the new M Light-alloy wheel 18” double spoke with run-flat safety tyres. The 135i Coupé Sport is also equipped with a high-performance brake system including 6 piston front and 2 piston rear brake callipers, all with BMW designation.
So does that mean we will be getting 261M wheels instead of the 264s? Kind of got used to the idea of getting 264s, but I guess the double spoke 264 are pretty nice as well. Just a little more difficult to clean.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Spare Car:
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #33
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Yes, I think it is the 261M. I like them better. Does the 130i come with electric seat? Also I can't make sense of the option list in terms of bluetooth. This must be something different as I thought bluetooth comes standard with 130i. I love the Bluetooth on my X3 and Aston, so I have to get one!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #34
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
I've got a 130i brochure in from of me and it says that elec sports seats with memory and backrest width adjust are std. Also std is Bluetooth. "Business Bluetooth" is optional, whatever that means.

Spare Car:
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #35
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
I've got a 130i brochure in from of me and it says that elec sports seats with memory and backrest width adjust are std. Also std is Bluetooth. "Business Bluetooth" is optional, whatever that means.
Business bluetooth basically gives you subscription to BMW assist for 2 years. Only useful if you need urgent assistance from BMW if you have an accident. If an airbag goes off BMW assist will call you directly into the car to ask if you are OK and if you need emergence services. You can also call them for directions etc, my X5 has a flip button near the rear view mirror that glows bright red (looks like an ejection seat button) you press it for 3 seconds and it calls direct to BMW assist. I have not used this so I did not opt for it on my 135.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #36
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Ah, like the Audi in Die Hard 4 then haha. Thanks Swift.

I am ordering wheels for this car over the next few months before the car comes. I just need a lighter set for mounting semi slicks for the track. Am thinking OZ ultraleggera or a Morr forged wheels. You guys interested? With the Aussie dollar so strong against the greenback, it isn't bad to buy stuff from there now.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #37
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SG 135i 6M

Quote:
First batch will be Feb build. Although these are BMW Aust spec cars and not customer spec cars. All customer cars will be released in May. Where did you order yours Dodgy? I think it would be great if we all share our info here on this thread as we get them. We will be getting drips and draps over the next few weeks I think. I can't wait!
Through corporate fleet management group recommended by a friend (AFM). He purchased an R32 with paint problems and they handled all the negotiations with VW for replacement car. He was impressed, so I thought I'd give them a try. Wish I'd thought of the benefits of waiting a month to improve chances of better build though.

WRT to price. It'll all be clear once BM finalises base price. I am not holding out much scope for bargaining, given the anticipation the car is generating and the limited Aussie release (200 which will incl 135 and I think 128's). With Brisbane and Melbourne shows in Feb, once the wider public gets a look, I reckon demand will surge. Why wouldn't it? Very special car.

Also, I was only offered Black / Beige / Grey for interior.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #38
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

With one week to the Brisbane Motor SHow (I think), anyone heard anything about prices yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #39
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I was told that the official price was $79 950, we will soon see? I was also told that my car would be Feb production as production on 135's with auto transmission starts in March and due to the demand for auto they have put all May release manual cars into Feb where they have some space. I have an invite to the pre-motor show reveal function so I will take my camera.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #40
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Thanks for the update Swift135. So if what you've been told is accurate, we (manual) buyers might get the car earlier than May - Feb production -> April delivery. Unless of course they wait for the autos to be produced and ship them together.

PLEASE take lots of pictures and gather as much info as you can!! We NEED to know....

Spare Car:
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #41
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

No delivery has been confirmed for mid may. BMW will hold the car in their warehouse till then.

Thanks for the update Swift. Please look out for a oil cooler. As I will make this a regular track car, that is going to be important for me. As d3syd said, take plenty of pictures!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 05:35 AM   #42
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SG 135i 6M

Quote:
No delivery has been confirmed for mid may. BMW will hold the car in their warehouse till then.

Thanks for the update Swift. Please look out for a oil cooler. As I will make this a regular track car, that is going to be important for me. As d3syd said, take plenty of pictures!
Dealer told me that BMW planning Official Launch (Presumable Asia-Pacific or something) sometime in April, and the cars, even if built, won't be released in Oz before then.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #43
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Dodgy, yes I think that's right. Official launch supposed to be in May I think. So first consumer cars should hit the road then regardless of when they were built.

Spare Car:
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #44
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

I am eagerly awaiting BMW Oz to release the pricing of this car! Maybe the extremely aggresive price of the other car I have on order, the AMG C63, will knock BMW around a bit and they will also be aggresive on the pricing of the 135i! That is hoping. But then again, 135i doesn't really have a competitor out there from Mercedes Benz or any other marque...
Appreciate 0