BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #23
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Hey Andrew, you know how it has been puzzling you how the belt dislodged? Check out the video again. Watch at around 2.20 where Taka hit the dip, and then again at 7.25. He then lost power steering shortly after that. It's been puzzling me how the belt got dislodged too especially when I did a full run after the incident with no issue and taka did another half run with no issue. I think the answer is right there. The car seriously bottoms out at that corner. A fellow competitor Brad told me about it, so I to avoid it on my run but not entirely successfully from memory. But watching that it definitely make sense now why the alternator belt dislodge.

Oh don't worry Taka, not gonna make you pay for it as it isn't something concrete anyway lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #24
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Beer to Andrew really. And being professional enough to get my car repair in no time... Not to mention spotted an error on my rego so I can fix this with a reprint.

Bottom out? Really. I feel the car has a big dip but did not feel anything other than that. I had a lot of bottom out in my RX-8 but has never shed the belt. I have seen a lot of belt gone because the power shedded it.

I did rev it quite hard though... that may be the cause too.
      06-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #25
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
You only think he is good looking because he didn't turn around! Lol. In all seriousness though, I want to again thank Andrew and Jimmy from SouthernBM again for coming out to Lang Lang (1.5 hours outside of Melbourne) on a Sat evening to fix my car so that Taka and I could continue racing. Some of you may say yeah but you are paying him for it, but there is no reason for him to even answer my call on a sat when SouthernBM team gets their well deserved rest, let alone then going to his workshop to wait for Taka's car to come back, take the alternator belt off, and then drive to Lang Lang to fix my car in the dark. Andrew's wife was also supposed to go to a reunion and he was supposed to look after the kids. Because of me, she was an hour late. Andrew didn't even get the chance to go into Holden's top security proving ground to see what it is all about. At least Jimmy got to do that. Lol. You know how people always talk about going over and above for service? Well, right here is a real life example for ya!
Thanks, appreciate the shout out, and let it be known we haven't or won't charge for the call out, we support our clients. You rang in need and i knew i had to do it. It was one of those life moments, do i decide not to help or go for it....it has to be yes for a small business like mine, it helps build that long term relationship we want with our clients.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #26
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
Beer to Andrew really. And being professional enough to get my car repair in no time... Not to mention spotted an error on my rego so I can fix this with a reprint.
Thanks, Gee with all this praise i'll get a big head, all i need now is to win ozlotto.....giddy up
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #27
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
Thanks, appreciate the shout out, and let it be known we haven't or won't charge for the call out, we support our clients. You rang in need and i knew i had to do it. It was one of those life moments, do i decide not to help or go for it....it has to be yes for a small business like mine, it helps build that long term relationship we want with our clients.
Wow, no charge for the call out? That's even more awesome! I have no idea what has been charged and what hasn't as I had a couple of k credit with SouthernBM for parts bought previously which I didn't need and Andrew sold it for me. Andrew you rock!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #28
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
Thanks, Gee with all this praise i'll get a big head, all i need now is to win ozlotto.....giddy up
Too late, I won it already. If you see me turning up at SBM in a pimped up Rolls Royce, you know I won it. But hey, RR is a BMW too so it's time you get into that mod scene too.
Appreciate 0