BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

BMW 1M HPDE NASA Nola motorsports - with video

Hey guys, took a vid with a go pro from my most recent track venture at Nola motorsports in New Orleans.

This was my 5th day on any track and 4th in my 1m, first time driving this track. I am still very much a rookie and am learning. I have some ideas on what I can see needs improvement, but would love suggestions from y'all so i will hold off on posting what i think i did wrong and see what yall think!

Feel free to make fun of my lame conversations with my instructor

Best lap was the second to last and last laps, 2:09.09 and 2:10.2. Without traffic lap times were consistent in 2:09-2:11 range.

Car had street tires and stock pads.

Thanks!

Edit : notice I am a little afraid of getting too close to the cars in front of me even if I am faster than them. There were a lot of people going 4 wheels off, so I was cautious. And not sure why i cant get this vid to embed...fail
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Got to love how the 1M closes/leaves on other cars on the straight!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Nice driving & video!

Btw.. I fixed your video embed. Remember when you want to embed a YouTube video... you can either just cut and past the entire YouTube URL into your text(and do nothing else). Or... you can look at the YouTube URL web address... and "cut and past" the code that follows the "=" sign. For instance your video code is "=5WKC4RUyBlQ" so go into the advance posting mode, click on the YouTube tab, and put: 5WKC4RUyBlQ inside the YouTube brackets.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Actually I thought that you were driving really good for only 5th track day! The car was with DSC off or MDM on? And by street tires you mean stock size RE-11s I guess?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Got to love how the 1M closes/leaves on other cars on the straight!
yes, and some of those cars are pretty fast. that 5.0 was making well over 400 to the wheels and the 1m was dead even. the lexus had a supra motor and was spitting fire out of the exhaust on downshift LOL, it was crazy

to be fair, my car is making more power than usual though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Nice driving & video!

Btw.. I fixed your video embed. Remember when you want to embed a YouTube video... you can either just cut and past the entire YouTube URL into your text(and do nothing else). Or... you can look at the YouTube URL web address... and "cut and past" the code that follows the "=" sign. For instance your video code is "=5WKC4RUyBlQ" so go into the advance posting mode, click on the YouTube tab, and put: 5WKC4RUyBlQ inside the YouTube brackets.
thanks and thanks! got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Actually I thought that you were driving really good for only 5th track day! The car was with DSC off or MDM on? And by street tires you mean stock size RE-11s I guess?
appreciate it!

and yes, i meant not R compounds or a slick. the re11 are much better on track than pss imo

MDM on....going to take it off next track day. helps me too much IMO, though i still am correcting when it does slide.
Appreciate 0