BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #23
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

To get the 335 clown nose to blink, you had to build a circuit and install. There is a post on it in the 3. 1 is probably the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #24
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerbitini View Post
RPM90,

My E46 did not have the alarm, but I asked my Service Advisor to turn the blinking clown nose feature on, and he obliged. Cool guy... too bad he doesn't work there anymore.
My 135 windows & sunroof DO all roll open/shut using the key fob... and they did that when I took delivery - I did not have to ask to have that feature programmed. I would think you could get that done by your SA without any problem.
Good luck!
Cool, thanks!

When I go in to get the software update and TPS fixed, I'll have them program that feature. I remember asking if I had some options to turn on when I ordered my 1, remembering there were options on the 3, but the CA just sort said, "No, I don't think so." I let it go. But, now the truth is known. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 04:22 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

re: clown nose blinking...

Someone posted in the last few days(I forget where & what topic - maybe under Alarm DYI ???) - that they got the clown nose to blink JUST by installing the alarm kit. No programing was needed. All they did was to mount the siren under the fendar and install the motion sensors inside the dome light. Then the clown nose would blink!

BUT... if you want all the functions of the alarm system, you need to have the dealer download the software. Thats what $400 or so>?

For me... I plan on buying the alarm kit thru one of our site sponsors ($200 ish)and call it a day. That way I will get my clown nose to blink blink.

bye,
David
Appreciate 0