BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
I've got to learn where the good back roads r man. Any good suggestions? Or what about some roads that travel the coast. That's what I really wanna drive on an stop along an take pics of the scenery. I would love to take a trip to Germany to break it n too back to where I grew up in Heidelberg but got too much going on for that.

Maybe you should join us for our Stelvio tour this summer! (around mid June)

1Addicts at Stelvio Pass...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707757
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

For finding a good back road man check out some of the motorcycle riding guides they have for spain...or pull up a map and just go Stay off the highways and you're golden.
      12-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Got the new angel eyes installed tonight. I don't hav a prof cam so hard to make clear of course. But they r just a tad brighter than the led eye brow now. Looks super exotic from the front like the color of Lambo lights sort of blueish. I can see the road at night with just them. If you actually look not sure how but I guess it reflected in the cam lens but you can see the angel eyes reflection on the hood of the car.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #26
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Maybe you should join us for our Stelvio tour this summer! (around mid June)

1Addicts at Stelvio Pass...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707757
Dak that sounds/looks amazing. When you guys hav for sure dates let me know
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #27
Got_///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

I don't understand the white trim with red interior, but congrats man! Alpine white is a terrific color.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #28
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_///M View Post
I don't understand the white trim with red interior, but congrats man! Alpine white is a terrific color.
Well basiclly if nothing else it just compliments the exterior. But like I said in the original post I waNted glacier silver but it was no longer a stand alone option for 2013 it only came with msport which i did not want. I did not want black or a wood trim so this was my only other option. I know it looks bad in pics but in person is a diff story. When it first arrived an the dealer sent me pics I hated it lol til I saw it n real life. I think it loos cheap in pics tho
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #29
BenDiem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive

OP,

Beautiful car

I orderd the white trim too. Is the center console, around the shifter, and steering wheel trim also white?

My dealer has never ordered a car with the white trim... I was the first...

I'm a fan of the white trim b/c it compliments the exterior color, similar to a Mini Cooper, and Volkswagen Beetles of yore...

Merry X-Mas and HNY, Mate!

Tks/Cheers,

B
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
OP,

Beautiful car

I orderd the white trim too. Is the center console, around the shifter, and steering wheel trim also white?

My dealer has never ordered a car with the white trim... I was the first...

I'm a fan of the white trim b/c it compliments the exterior color, similar to a Mini Cooper, and Volkswagen Beetles of yore...

Merry X-Mas and HNY, Mate!

Tks/Cheers,

B
The white trim consist of the trim on the doors steering wheel dash board and center console around the shifter. The only part that was silver was the shift knob. But if you have msport it will the black m shifter or if you have the dct tranny then that shifter will be silver. Ya my sails guy said the same thing that my car is the first he's seen with alpine white trim and that before seeing mine he wasn't sure about it but he loves it and will recommend it to others. I wasn't sure at first but I'm glad I have it now because it looks awesome in person and its rare as most have silver or wood. Sense I couldn't have silver this was the only other option as I didn't want wood or anything dark. Is your car alpine white also? What colors your interior? If you like I can email you closer pics of the interior trim so you can see how yours will look.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

I wish i had white trim on mine. I have wood and the steering wheel is silver and i hate the clashing. Would look sportier all white IMO also.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
I wish i had white trim on mine. I have wood and the steering wheel is silver and i hate the clashing. Would look sportier all white IMO also.
Then why not just order the white bits from BMW ?

Here are the part numbers. Not sure of the price. ?

Cover, inner door handle, alpin-weiss #51419241208 & #51419241207

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...44&hg=51&fg=50

Cover panel, I-panel(dashboard), alpin-weiss #51459241623

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...13&hg=51&fg=30

Cover for ashtray/tray in alpin-weiss #51169241637
Cover for manual gearshift in alpin-weiss #51169241639

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...42&hg=51&fg=35

Steering wheel (not M Sport!) alipin-weiss trim cover #32306853141

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...19&hg=32&fg=35
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #33
BenDiem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive

OP,

Yes, I ordered AW exterior with the taupe interior. Similar to you, I wanted white interior trim b/c I thought it would look good with the AW exterior.

What swayed me is that I've never seen a BMW with white interior trim, so I thought why not. It's good to be different, lol..

Judging by your pics, I have no regrets.

Funny/perplexing story, I special ordered my '13 128i in November, and my SA called me last week to inform me my car would be at the dealership the first week of January. Yesterday, I received a phone call from my SA explaining to me they accidently ordered the car with the manual tranny.

I know, I know..., but the Misses can't drive stick, so I had to compromise.

At any rate, the SA informed me they exchanged a new car order, so my new car should arrive about a month or so later. My SA informed me they will sell the car to me at closer to invoice b/c of their mistake. Fair enough.
They will add mud guards as well, since I feel white cars need mud flaps. My humble opinion. I had to keep my composure, b/c I realized it is what it is. I have no control over it...

Lastly, I'm having the dealer "port install" the BMW PE.

Enjoy your beautiful car, Happy Holidays and HNY!

Cheers/B
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #34
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Interesting...why didnt you want the Msport package? I got purely b/c i can't stand the chrome trim around the windows...
      12-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #35
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
Congrats! Jealous of the red interior. Let me know if you want to trade

2022 X3 M Comp | (SOLD)

2016 M3 | AWE Switchpath Diamond Black 102mm (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
arthur1920
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 128 coupe, M Sport, 6 MT

congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Interesting...why didnt you want the Msport package? I got purely b/c i can't stand the chrome trim around the windows...
wow. 6 mos? I ordered mine and it came in 6 weeks, including crossing the Atlantic.

M Sport is da bomb.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #37
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiem
OP,

Yes, I ordered AW exterior with the taupe interior. Similar to you, I wanted white interior trim b/c I thought it would look good with the AW exterior.

What swayed me is that I've never seen a BMW with white interior trim, so I thought why not. It's good to be different, lol..

Judging by your pics, I have no regrets.

Funny/perplexing story, I special ordered my '13 128i in November, and my SA called me last week to inform me my car would be at the dealership the first week of January. Yesterday, I received a phone call from my SA explaining to me they accidently ordered the car with the manual tranny.

I know, I know..., but the Misses can't drive stick, so I had to compromise.

At any rate, the SA informed me they exchanged a new car order, so my new car should arrive about a month or so later. My SA informed me they will sell the car to me at closer to invoice b/c of their mistake. Fair enough.
They will add mud guards as well, since I feel white cars need mud flaps. My humble opinion. I had to keep my composure, b/c I realized it is what it is. I have no control over it...

Lastly, I'm having the dealer "port install" the BMW PE.

Enjoy your beautiful car, Happy Holidays and HNY!

Cheers/B
Ya I have to have manual lol. I think if the dealer had told me they made that mistake Ida told em leave it an then when it showed up explained to the wife u got a big discount on it for their mistake lol. But I understand making it accessible for her too. Yes I'd say deff get mud flaps. After 3 days I don't like the dirt I se getting kicked up on the side of mine and it all shows cuz it's white. I'm going to order some very soon. Sucks you will have to wait a bit longer but worth it for what you want. Be sure and post pics when it arrives.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #38
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions
Basically I didn't feel I liked enough about Msport for it to be worth it for me. I didn't like those wheels or steering wheel or shift knob. The suspension didnt really matter because I'm not tracking it an can't really see a diff in it looking lower with msport suspension. Also the silver trim dosent bother me I think because my cars white. I think if it were blk or blue where the silver stuck out a lot more it would bother me. So really only thing I liked about msport were the seats which are now a stand alone option (didnt use to be) so I got those an called it good. And with the money I saved by not getting msport I got my m3 steering wheel which I love the feel and thickness of the napa leather and can get the wheels I really want (forge star
cf5s). And lastly cuz I hate being like everyone else an I like to go against the grain. By being a non msport 6 speed with white trim I think I accomplished that lol.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #39
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
wow. 6 mos? I ordered mine and it came in 6 weeks, including crossing the Atlantic.

M Sport is da bomb.
I ordered the car in Korea with an estimated arrival date of 1 nov because I wouldn't arrive in Spain until then. It didnt actually get built til sep an was delivered mid oct. sense I arrived here in country in nov I've been waiting another 5 weeks for paperwork and processes to be able to register it because it takes forever in Spain they are slow about everything. Was basically waiting on my resident alien number to be able to register an that takes weeks to come back. So really just under 5 months if u subtract the wait time here but I just meant total. The point of me ordering so early was so it would for sure be here waiting for me when I arrived which it was but then I still had to wait going through all their bs stuff lol

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #40
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Great looking car, love those wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #41
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Coming along very nice!
      12-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #42
135iMike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 White 135i

Ahhh shit! You finally got it?! That's great man!

I hear you on the white looking amazing in person - I have pretty much the exact setup but black seats. I was tempted to go red...

Sooo... Are you beyond in love?.... I'm at 5500 miles on mine now and am extremely happy with it still
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #43
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iMike
Ahhh shit! You finally got it?! That's great man!

I hear you on the white looking amazing in person - I have pretty much the exact setup but black seats. I was tempted to go red...

Sooo... Are you beyond in love?.... I'm at 5500 miles on mine now and am extremely happy with it still
Hey bro. Ya I remember your thread an commenting that we had almost the same car an the wheels comment an stuff. At 126 miles now but love it and will continue to I'm sure. It's taking awhile to adjust to this electronic throttle an clutch delay valve. I sometimes feel like a beginner at driving stick but I'm already getting used to it and smoother. May consider doing the CDV mod tho. Also installed my bms intake the same night as the angel eyes but didnt take a pic of that. It makes the bov very audible maybe too much lol. Next thing on the way is my BMW performance rep spoiler.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #44
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Def do the CDV mod! But just modify the oem one vs buying another. I learned that lesson. takes about 2 seconds to modify it and you don't even have to get out from under the car to do it. Once you remove the trans sheild the whole job including modifying and bleeding the clutch should take you about 5 minutes.