E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Proof That Some Benz Drivers Are Insecure

12-30-2005, 03:29 AM   #45
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Rumor has it that Lexus is coming out with the IS430(V8 with 400+ hp)....in a couple of years to challenge the M3 and C55......
Damn , that's definitely a rumour but it is still believable.
Since RS6, it looks 400-420hp V8 becomes a new standard
for street sports cars. And soon, M3 V8, C63 V8(may be)

I thoguht I was going to post a photo of the concept new Nissan GTR; which is predicted to be a 450hp Turbo ! Scarely outlook!
Japanese cars designers have been so thirsty since it was only last year the government permits engine greater than 280hp.

All these 'cheaper power' truely are threats to the Porsche and Ferrari.

yes, we off topic.

BTW, I like your signature picture except it does not look anything like a Jet black
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 03:47 AM   #46
Ethirtynine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Honda S2000

Proof that 'some' benz drivers are insecure. aren't there insecure drivers in every car make? i don't really get the point of this thread. Who knows, maybe the guy with the E55 also has a bmw and drives that car the same way. Can we then assume that some bmw drivers are insecure?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 09:33 AM   #47
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
I am pretty excited to be the nice rabbit when I get my E90. Have a nice day.
First you want to be a naughty monkey, now you want to be a naughty rabbit...make up your mind dammit! You can't have it both ways.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #48
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
We have many E55/CLS55 in HK, and most of them I met are pretty gentlemen, so I would not draw the conclusion too quickly all E55 drivers are fckers.

Benz AMGs are well-known to be 'tiger wearing the gentlemen suit'! I am afraid, BMW drivers are bounded to be challeneged and will meet more and more these sort of cruel "killings". The M3 is too big its name; and if you ever surf the AMG forums, then you will understand how much the AMG owners love to kill a M3 and post their M3 kill stories. The E55 driver you met must be pretty disappointed when he found that you were a 325i. The AMGs are getting too big, even the M3 V8 will need tuner such as Rinntech to make out 500hp+.

I am pretty excited to be the nice rabbit when I get my E90. Have a nice day.
Yea, and I bet the people at the M5 forums love to post their E55 AMG "kill" stories. That Alpina will bitch-slap the old man's E55 AMG I am sure. You see, it's all part of the food chain. Big shark eats little fish (I thought I might use animals here since you seem to respond well to those).

and I never said all E55 drivers were f*ckers - in fact, I never even used that term...you said "don't fck with the fcker" which implies that you think he is one.

(I hope no one is taking this seriously).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #49
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirtynine
Proof that 'some' benz drivers are insecure. aren't there insecure drivers in every car make? i don't really get the point of this thread. Who knows, maybe the guy with the E55 also has a bmw and drives that car the same way. Can we then assume that some bmw drivers are insecure?
well Happy New Year to you too.

Yes, you are absolutely right. There are insecure drivers in every model/make, including BMW - of course I am aware of that. I am just sharing one experience, I am not calling all Benz drivers insecure. If you think this thread is pointless, you don't have to respond.

damn, some of you act as if I called you insecure...sheesh!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #50
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
Yea, and I bet the people at the M5 forums love to post their E55 AMG "kill" stories. That Alpina will bitch-slap the old man's E55 AMG I am sure. You see, it's all part of the food chain. Big shark eats little fish (I thought I might use animals here since you seem to respond well to those).

and I never said all E55 drivers were f*ckers - in fact, I never even used that term...you said "don't fck with the fcker" which implies that you think he is one.

(I hope no one is taking this seriously).

Not at all. I like this thread as we brought up some interesting topics too. And as Ethirtynine said, it is not quite a MB or BMW that matter, but it is the damn driver; and not surprise the E55 guy likely also owns a M5 (and a GT2!).

And, my good guess is, this E55 was at that time was treating you as a virtual bimmer enemy. And in his mind, it must be " you damn fast bimmer, let me show you what is speed !".

A recent incident I encountered , was a fcking van from my back cut me off like there was nobody; and he almost missed the highway exit which he finally got back in without hitting another truck. I wasn't drving very fast (~90km/h) though. I am sure he knows who he was fcking with. My car power must be at least 2.5 times of his.
So, a fcker is not limited to only those who have poweful engines.

Have a nice day.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #51
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Rumor has it that Lexus is coming out with the IS430(V8 with 400+ hp)....in a couple of years to challenge the M3 and C55......
Right after I read this, I found a little info
on this IS430 rumour:-

It is possible that Toyota will produce the hard top convertible IS CC based on a modified version of their concept car LF-C appeared in Detroit motoshow. IS CC will carry a 5 litre V8 450hp engine.

Another rumour is Toyota will produce a IS 500 coupe to compete with M3 V8 and CLK55 AMG. IS 500 design will base on the Crown Royal 's 300hp 4.3 litre V8 (and there will be a rear drive version and a 4-wheel version). However, it is possible that IS 500 will also use the IS CC 's 5 litre V8 450hp engine!

Toyota seems to be copying Benz AMG and for larger displacement V8. I am still puzzled would 335i really be that excited if it is not even a V8 ?
Appreciate 0