BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2,Cayenne

The 1M is sold

After much debate,will I,won't I sold my 1M this morning.put it on pistonheads classifieds yesterday afternoon and had 5 strong enquiries,3 trade with reasonable offers,anyway,sold to a private buyer this morning.be sad to see her go,has been an excellent car to own,just can't justify keeping her as already have 3 other vehicles and selling this one will let me get onto something else when the time comes,for now its time out,got a beautiful baby daughter 3 weeks ago,so that's my main priority for now.just going to wait for the 1M 1.18 that Dakelone is organising for a keeper I'll keep an eye on the site,still got our 125d m sport for our family car,no 1M,but does the job for now.no regrets,very good memories with the baby M
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
iDave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Pack

Sad times !

How much did you get for the car if you don't mind me asking ?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Getting there myself; having nightmares already.

And, congratulations for the baby daughter.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Congrats on the little new addition to the family mate...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Sad times !

How much did you get for the car if you don't mind me asking ?
One mans loss is another mans gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Getting there myself; having nightmares already.

And, congratulations for the baby daughter.
Hahah,had a sleepless night last night,deal done this morning though,so happy days and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Congrats on the little new addition to the family mate...
Thanks very much pal

Rather be changing gears in the 1M,but nappies for a while.......
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
iDave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Pack

Congrats on your new edition to the family , she will give you more enjoyment than your 1M
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willox
After much debate,will I,won't I sold my 1M this morning.put it on pistonheads classifieds yesterday afternoon and had 5 strong enquiries,3 trade with reasonable offers,anyway,sold to a private buyer this morning.be sad to see her go,has been an excellent car to own,just can't justify keeping her as already have 3 other vehicles and selling this one will let me get onto something else when the time comes,for now its time out,got a beautiful baby daughter 3 weeks ago,so that's my main priority for now.just going to wait for the 1M 1.18 that Dakelone is organising for a keeper I'll keep an eye on the site,still got our 125d m sport for our family car,no 1M,but does the job for now.no regrets,very good memories with the baby M
Congrats on your new addition, I hope you kept the money from the sale of the 1M in an ISA or shares as that little baby girl will be expensive. My baby girl gets married next year and bank of dad is paying for a St Andrews old course wedding and reception, so you had better start saving now lol. I sold my 1M roughly a month ago, had 3 wonderful years with her and now just waiting for the M2. Borrowed the wife's Cooper S at the weekend and I thought it was actually quite a fun wee car.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
interesting that people sell their fun cars when a baby arrives....seeing as one of the great pluses of the 1M for me was that I CAN use it for a baby as my wife and me are planning kids shortly....I want my kid to grow up being driven around in a 1M! Plenty of room in the center for a rear facing seat! Safe too.

congrats on your daughter!!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #9
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
interesting that people sell their fun cars when a baby arrives....seeing as one of the great pluses of the 1M for me was that I CAN use it for a baby as my wife and me are planning kids shortly....I want my kid to grow up being driven around in a 1M! Plenty of room in the center for a rear facing seat! Safe too.

I allow my beloved daughter be part of the 1M experience.

07-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Congrats on your new addition, I hope you kept the money from the sale of the 1M in an ISA or shares as that little baby girl will be expensive. My baby girl gets married next year and bank of dad is paying for a St Andrews old course wedding and reception, so you had better start saving now lol. I sold my 1M roughly a month ago, had 3 wonderful years with her and now just waiting for the M2. Borrowed the wife's Cooper S at the weekend and I thought it was actually quite a fun wee car.
Hopefully don't have expensive tastes like her dad,only got married 3 years ago and our first child.the 1M has been money in the bank to,haven't really lost out and I said when I purchased the car that after 2 years,it will go.our 2012 125d ain't to shabby for a runabout and purchased a T5 sportline campervan which I'm sure we will get more fun with,also be a nice tow vehicle as I'll probably get another track car as didn't want to ruin the 1M doing trackdays.enjoy your girls big day when it comes

Quote:

Baby hasn't forced me to sell,as mentioned,car has done little miles and I don't want to ruin the car doing trackdays,so I'll get a track toy to hook onto our camper.im pleased to have had a shot of the 1M ,been to Europe,done Nurburgring,Spa and Knockhill race track,car is still mint,so no complaints.as for kids seats,we had another e82,but 120d,wife didn't like 2 doors,so got her 5door 125d and its so much easier and nice with the hatchback to,she's happy,All that matters

Thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I allow my beloved daughter be part of the 1M experience.

Cool,time my daughter is up a but,the 1M will be an old car that's if she's going to be a petrol head,time will tell
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #11
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

goodluck with your automotive journey ahead..
a true petrol head shares bond and can like any car.
goodluck with the newborn baby!
      07-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
goodluck with your automotive journey ahead..
a true petrol head shares bond and can like any car.
goodluck with the newborn baby!
Thanks mate
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #14
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Sorry to hear mate, ace how quickly it sold though! She was immaculate. Congrats on the new addition to the family, definitely more special than the wee M.

Hopefully catch you at KH or something in the not to distant
      07-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #15
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Sorry to hear mate, ace how quickly it sold though! She was immaculate. Congrats on the new addition to the family, definitely more special than the wee M.

Hopefully catch you at KH or something in the not to distant
Cheers bud,thought about tuning the 1M,in the end,about 20k to sort it proper with the bits.only going to devalue the car as well,so I'll get a track car to hook onto the camper.hopefuly catch up soon✌️
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #16
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:

+1

Our daughter was born on the day the 1M rolled out of the factory, so I bought a car seat and installed the airbag deactivation switch for the front passenger seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #17
Ollieb7
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M, Caterham R500, 65 VW Split

Great car for my 4 and 2 year old. My wife has the big wagon but the 1m is ideal for small trips. If it was me who had just sold the beeems it wold be cash in the bank for when the GT4 Cayman comes out. Hold on tight, don't compromise for second best as you will need a bit of you amongst the great times of fatherhood!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #18
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

All the best buddy. Once the 1:18 models are ready, I will be sure to get you one! Congrats on your new baby daughter.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #20
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollieb7 View Post
Great car for my 4 and 2 year old. My wife has the big wagon but the 1m is ideal for small trips. If it was me who had just sold the beeems it wold be cash in the bank for when the GT4 Cayman comes out. Hold on tight, don't compromise for second best as you will need a bit of you amongst the great times of fatherhood!
Baby not the main reason I sold,but I don't have much time to drive it and much less now,getting free ride of the 1M for two years is awesome.guess summer is time to sell as well.no regrets,good memories and cheers for the heads up,already enjoying great times of fatherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
All the best buddy. Once the 1:18 models are ready, I will be sure to get you one! Congrats on your new baby daughter.

Dack
Thanks a lot and look forward to the 1.18 version as well
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #21
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Yes,don't remind me,it's all good,I'll have another M car at some point
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #22
Robbo5522
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

weel weel min all good things come to an end :-) hope all good with the baby and you haven't had to much sleepless nichts .

never got to meet but hey ho maybe some day........looking to sale My 1M too :-(

anyway take care
regards Robbie
Appreciate 0