BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Mr 5 intake mod

So I found the solution and it's cost effective. I will be getting this intake

http://www.amazon.com/Xtune-CP-328BL...ds=128i+intake

And routing the rest with Mr 5 intake mod under the driver side headlight into the fender liner making a CAI for our car. If anyone wants to try this with me let's do it. This is the best I could figure out on preventing head soak. And making everything look clean! If you are not a fan don't leave any negative comments. I'm a person how likes to try things and fail they fail try again to make the most possible gains. A few of my n54 buddies here from Germany gave me the idea. And before anyone say sanything about hydro locking it won't unless I'm driving a puddle two feet deep lol
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
cmcdonald
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128i

Looks like it's worth a shot. I had a fender well CAI intake on my Altima SE-R. It worked pretty decent, sounded good and didn't seem to have many issues with heat soak. It did have issues with water though. You're right you most likely won't hydrolock. However I had problems where the filter would get wet and water would get by and get on the MAF. This would send the car into limp mode until everything dried out again. I lived in Florida at the time, so a lot of heavy rain. I ended up just getting fed up with the the thing. However if you live where you don't get a lot of downpours then no big deal. Just something to keep in mind though. Good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdonald View Post
Looks like it's worth a shot. I had a fender well CAI intake on my Altima SE-R. It worked pretty decent, sounded good and didn't seem to have many issues with heat soak. It did have issues with water though. You're right you most likely won't hydrolock. However I had problems where the filter would get wet and water would get by and get on the MAF. This would send the car into limp mode until everything dried out again. I lived in Florida at the time, so a lot of heavy rain. I ended up just getting fed up with the the thing. However if you live where you don't get a lot of downpours then no big deal. Just something to keep in mind though. Good luck and keep us posted.
Have you thought about a hydro sock at the time. It doesn't stop Air flow but repels water . But will keep everyone updated!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
cmcdonald
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128i

I had considered it but was too frustrated with it to even bother trying lol. Oh well that car is long since gone. Well good luck with the project!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
The stock intake is a "cold air intake" as it takes in ambient air from outside the engine compartment in an area of high pressure in front of the radiator making it, in effect, a ram-air intake, too.

Good luck. It may sound kind of cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Pothole
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E88 125i, RR sport 3.0tdv6

Very curious to see this mod! Going for something different. I like it!
BMW E88 125i - Tunex Tuned@ 228whp - Cyba Scoops - Performance Kidneys - Performance Exhaust - Performance Intake - BMW Strutbar - 3d Design Carbon Diffuser - Blacklines - Golf Tee - FK Coilovers - Klutch SL14

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #7
Dafttt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT

Are you building a box for that Amazon intake? If performance is what you're after, you're reducing it with an open intake.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Auto View Post
Are you building a box for that Amazon intake? If performance is what you're after, you're reducing it with an open intake.
No box. Google Mr 5 intake mod, you'll get the idea. Everyone prefers this over the stock "CAI" / "Ramair" from factory.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

@kobeballer96 this thread might give you some "ideas".

Mr 5 intake on a 1 series
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629284
Appreciate 0