BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #5083
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
I'm going to go for the 228 since it really fits my needs and has the options that make it a great daily driver.
congrats and glad you found a car suited for you.

I like the brown interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #5084
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Stevedotmil As I stated earlier, Congrats and lets go for a road trip after you pick her up!
      06-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #5085
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

ApexResistance I'm thinking we need to go to the Ring the weekend of the 4th of July because that's the last weekend I will have my car I think and if we go on that monday all the Germans will be working.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #5086
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg180 View Post
Sorry that was me with the m3. I was accidentely signed in as my hubby. lol
Since you guys are local, you should consider a new car prep from DD. Here is a great write up they did for my friend's M3.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/topic/...-new-car-prep/
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2015, 01:02 AM   #5087
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
Since you guys are local, you should consider a new car prep from DD. Here is a great write up they did for my friend's M3.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/topic/...-new-car-prep/
Thanks! We will look into it when the cars come in
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #5088
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
ApexResistance I'm thinking we need to go to the Ring the weekend of the 4th of July because that's the last weekend I will have my car I think and if we go on that monday all the Germans will be working.
Ok we need to work out a plan bro. If you get the car prior to that date, I'll make the trip with you! I hava a lap left on my card! lol
      06-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #5089
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexResistance View Post
Ok we need to work out a plan bro. If you get the car prior to that date, I'll make the trip with you! I hava a lap left on my card! lol
Damn, you guys are lucky. I'm so jealous.
      06-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #5090
AGAV13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)

Its my cars 2 year birthday today! I guess today would be a good time to try out launch control.
SOLD
2013 BMW 135is #363/586 - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:16 PM   #5091
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAV13 View Post
Its my cars 2 year birthday today! I guess today would be a good time to try out launch control.
Yes! Do it!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #5092
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAV13 View Post
I still haven't tried it in my car after 2 years, 1 month, and 5 days, so i highly recommend you do it and report back so I can live vicariously through you.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #5093
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I still haven't tried it in my car after 2 years, 1 month, and 5 days, so i highly recommend you do it and report back so I can live vicariously through you.
Greg, what are you waiting for now that the 135is is your DD beater?! Besides, it's leased..... What's stopping you?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #5094
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Greg, what are you waiting for now that the 135is is your DD beater?! Besides, it's leased..... What's stopping you?
Very funny...and perhaps the $1k I spent on the PSS makes me want to make them last as long as possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #5095
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Very funny...and perhaps the $1k I spent on the PSS makes me want to make them last as long as possible.
What's the point of having the PSS if you won't put it to the test from time to time?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #5096
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
What's the point of having the PSS if you won't put it to the test from time to time?
I went through 6 PSS tires in 12 months with my old Stage3 Audi S4. =)

They're fine to a certain point but can get greasy after a certain temp. I love them for the street.

#post100
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 08:21 PM   #5097
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
This from someone who still won't put them on? =P Sadly, the couple of times I wanted to, I couldn't remember the whole procedure. I actually once printed out the process that Chunner posted on a card and had it in the car for a bit, but eventually cleaned it out. I will do it though! Perhaps as I go through the 2nd street tunnel downtown. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
I went through 6 PSS tires in 12 months with my old Stage3 Audi S4. =)

They're fine to a certain point but can get greasy after a certain temp. I love them for the street.

#post100
Wowzers! Hmm, not sure if that's encouraging me TO do launch control or not. One day...one day soon. I have the perfect spot picked out, too.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 01:09 AM   #5098
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This from someone who still won't put them on? =P Sadly, the couple of times I wanted to, I couldn't remember the whole procedure. I actually once printed out the process that Chunner posted on a card and had it in the car for a bit, but eventually cleaned it out. I will do it though! Perhaps as I go through the 2nd street tunnel downtown. =)
That was coming from someone who has done it thrice to speed up wasting up the runflats to put some 'real' tires on. But when you do try it, especially outside of a controlled area, do be careful. I recently saw this dude in a Mustang GT rip it up in Burbank and he couldn't contain his car for a few seconds in a straight line.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 01:19 AM   #5099
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
That was coming from someone who has done it thrice to speed up wasting up the runflats to put some 'real' tires on. But when you do try it, especially outside of a controlled area, do be careful. I recently saw this dude in a Mustang GT rip it up in Burbank and he couldn't contain his car for a few seconds in a straight line.
Serves 'em right for being spectators. O=) Darwinism at its finest.

You should launch control constantly until you shred those things and get some fancy PSS.

Maybe I'll just go to work one day and launch control from every single red light until the car won't let me do it. hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 01:36 AM   #5100
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (comp)

Hi all -- wanted to tap your collective minds on an issue I've been experiencing with my 135is.

I've been experiencing something that I can only describe as a lag in throttle response under certain conditions. This usually happens when I'm at a complete stop trying to accelerate, or when I slowed down quickly and try to accelerate again fairly quickly. The latter scenario happened to me today on the freeway. I was in a lane that suddenly got congested and stopped. I slowed down fairly quickly (going from 50 mph or so to almost 0) and then tried to change lane and ... nothing -- I stepped on the acceleration pedal and it hesitated for about a second (though it felt like an eternity since I could see other cars fast approaching on my rearview mirror). Luckily the car behind me slowed down fast enough, but it gave me quite a scare since under normal condition I could always rely on torque on tap whenever I hit the acceleration pedal. Oh and I did have Sport mode engaged fwiw...

I was wondering, has anyone experienced something like this before? Is this a defect or an issue with the DCT or turbocharger perhaps? Or is this just a feature I'd have to live with?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and inputs!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 02:05 AM   #5101
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCoverRoll View Post
Hi all -- wanted to tap your collective minds on an issue I've been experiencing with my 135is.

I've been experiencing something that I can only describe as a lag in throttle response under certain conditions. This usually happens when I'm at a complete stop trying to accelerate, or when I slowed down quickly and try to accelerate again fairly quickly. The latter scenario happened to me today on the freeway. I was in a lane that suddenly got congested and stopped. I slowed down fairly quickly (going from 50 mph or so to almost 0) and then tried to change lane and ... nothing -- I stepped on the acceleration pedal and it hesitated for about a second (though it felt like an eternity since I could see other cars fast approaching on my rearview mirror). Luckily the car behind me slowed down fast enough, but it gave me quite a scare since under normal condition I could always rely on torque on tap whenever I hit the acceleration pedal. Oh and I did have Sport mode engaged fwiw...

I was wondering, has anyone experienced something like this before? Is this a defect or an issue with the DCT or turbocharger perhaps? Or is this just a feature I'd have to live with?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and inputs!
50 to almost 0 is a huge drop meaning a HUGE lag in throttle response. I've never had anything that bad. I used to have severe throttle delays but nothing as dangerous as that (still pretty dangerous). Have you done the DCT update? I think it is the SIB 12 15 14 or something like that. Once I had it applied, the throttle delay is virtually zero and the car doesn't rev as much when coming to a stop.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #5102
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
2nd Street tunnel, yes! 2nd street to 3rd street tunnel loop. I just feel bad for the homeless people in there with the load car. Also, the speed limit in the 2nd street tunnel is 25 MPH, kind of absurd.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #5103
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (comp)

Thanks for the tip. Yeah it was pretty scary and I'm now thinking twice before changing lane. I noticed that the throttle lag really kicks in when I'm slowing down, and then trying to accelerate again. I also noticed that the RPM would fluctuate a little at idle at random times (not sure if it's related to the throttle response issue).

I'm going to make an appointment and ask about updating the DCT software - hopefully that'll fix it. Is there a way to figure out what version of DCT software my car is running?

Quote:
50 to almost 0 is a huge drop meaning a HUGE lag in throttle response. I've never had anything that bad. I used to have severe throttle delays but nothing as dangerous as that (still pretty dangerous). Have you done the DCT update? I think it is the SIB 12 15 14 or something like that. Once I had it applied, the throttle delay is virtually zero and the car doesn't rev as much when coming to a stop.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #5104
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCoverRoll View Post
Thanks for the tip. Yeah it was pretty scary and I'm now thinking twice before changing lane. I noticed that the throttle lag really kicks in when I'm slowing down, and then trying to accelerate again. I also noticed that the RPM would fluctuate a little at idle at random times (not sure if it's related to the throttle response issue).

I'm going to make an appointment and ask about updating the DCT software - hopefully that'll fix it. Is there a way to figure out what version of DCT software my car is running?
I can't find the thread about it (and I'm just too lazy to put out more effort). It is a service bulletin that fixes both the RPM increase upon stopping and reduce the lag. I had it done and they kept my car for a day. Prior to them taking it in, they will most likely ask you to prove that you have the symptoms despite the issue being a service bulletin. So, be sure to study up on how to purposely trigger the symptoms. I suggest you find the thread to see what people think of the car after applying the update.

RPMs increase when you turn on the AC, have the AC on, and when mildly going off from a stop. The AC ones are normal, I believe, due to the added load the AC placed on the car. The one going off from a stop is normal too because the car has to do that (sort of like when learning how to drive a stick...well, I suck horribly at driving manual cars so I may be doing something wrong). The only abnormal one is the RPM increase coming to a stop.
Appreciate 1