BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #67
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

so then how does one know which system you got?
      10-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #68
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Audi TTS, '17 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
so then how does one know which system you got?

That's just it...you dont.

I guess..."In Meisterschaft We Trust"

I talked to a very nice guy at Meisterschaft today and got some good information. Aparently, the "HP" on the side of some of our mufflers has nothing to do with it being a HP or GT system. He said that is just random, and should not even be on there. I am going to email him a better pic of the writting on mine to show him. He assured me that I recieved the GT system, but there is no indication of what the system is on the actual axle-back. However, they are looking into fixing that issue.

Stay tuned for more updates on my situation. They assured me that I will have a solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #69
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjet04 View Post
Well guys, I'm not sure if this helps or not, but unless it has mysteriously vanished, I do not have any markings of any kind or color on either side of my muffler.

Hmm. The guy at Meisterschaft told me there is not supposed to be any writing on the exhaust anyway.

Can you make sure your exhaust has that rubber vibration "drone" eliminater thing reinstalled on it? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #70
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AR M4 Comp Xdrive

It is so odd that between our PMs and discussion in this thread, we seem to be describing two different exhausts. From the others I've talked to I'm quite confident I have the GT. Your description of your new exhaust sounds just like the HP and I'm pretty sure you are not 100% convinced yourself. It's really too bad we don't live a little closer together to compare the two side by side.

I guess it's also possible that Meisterschaft or Redline can fill in the missing pieces for you. I sure hope so for your sake. It's killing me not knowing for sure. I can't imaging how you must feel.

Like I mentioned before, I don't even own anything that can be used to make a recording, but maybe I can borrow a video camera from a friend and try to post something in a few days? Not sure if that would help since things of this nature sound so different in person, but I suppose it couldn't hurt either.
      10-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #71
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Ein View Post
Hmm. The guy at Meisterschaft told me there is not supposed to be any writing on the exhaust anyway.

Can you make sure your exhaust has that rubber vibration "drone" eliminater thing reinstalled on it? Thanks!

I was wondering what the hell that was. If you are talking about the circular shaped piece of rubber sticking off the outside pipe between the muffler and the tip, then yes, I do have one.

And after putting some miles on it, the drone has subsided somewhat. Just keeps sounding better and better (and no offense, I'm not trying to rub it in).
      10-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #72
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering what the hell that was. If you are talking about the circular shaped piece of rubber sticking off the outside pipe between the muffler and the tip, then yes, I do have one.

And after putting some miles on it, the drone has subsided somewhat. Just keeps sounding better and better (and no offense, I'm not trying to rub it in).

Okay, so just to make sure...you DID re-install it on the Meisterschaft exhaust?

Arrrrggg. Dude, we should just meet halfway or something...Like in Centerville? That's only like an hour drive for you?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #73
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay, so just to make sure...you DID re-install it on the Meisterschaft exhaust?

Arrrrggg. Dude, we should just meet halfway or something...Like in Centerville? That's only like an hour drive for you?

Well, I didn't personally install anything. I went to a shop and had them do it. Would it help you if I took any detailed pictures? If that will help just let me know. Or you can take some pics and I can compare them to what I have.

Centerville you say? That is only about 90 minutes north of me. Are you familiar with Woody's smokehouse? This is totally off topic, but that place has the best jerky on the planet. I actually drive up there just to buy jerky sometimes. If you want to meet there I'm cool with that. It would probably be smart to start with the picture comparison and go from there.
      10-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #74
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

What is this circular shaped rubber piece you guys are talking about? Does it come with the exhaust? or it's a stock piece that you reuse? Pic please?

I haven't done the install yet but I don't want to have to take it apart and redo it... TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #75
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
What is this circular shaped rubber piece you guys are talking about? Does it come with the exhaust? or it's a stock piece that you reuse? Pic please?

I haven't done the install yet but I don't want to have to take it apart and redo it... TIA
Go back to the previous page and look at the picture in reply #64. In the upper right of that pic you will see a squared off bracket coming off the right pipe where it bends between the muffler and the tip. There is a rubber cylinder that bolts to that bracket. I didn't do the install with my own two hands, but I pretty sure you will find that cylinder on the stock exhaust and need to move it to the new one. I'm pretty sure that's what we are talking about here.

It's dark here and I don't have a garage, but I can take a picture tomorrow if someone else can't get one sooner. Correct me if I'm wrong Ein.
      10-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #76
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Go back to the previous page and look at the picture in reply #64. In the upper right of that pic you will see a squared off bracket coming off the right pipe where it bends between the muffler and the tip. There is a rubber cylinder that bolts to that bracket. I didn't do the install with my own two hands, but I pretty sure you will find that cylinder on the stock exhaust and need to move it to the new one. I'm pretty sure that's what we are talking about here.

It's dark here and I don't have a garage, but I can take a picture tomorrow if someone else can't get one sooner. Correct me if I'm wrong Ein.

You are very correct. You dont need to take a picture...just look when its light out. It is clearly visible by just looking up under there. I will take a pic though if it helps the situation.

Also, if you got your stock exhaust back from when you put the Meisterschaft on...just look at it to see if the rubber thing is still on there.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #77
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I know what you guys are talking about now. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #78
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are very correct. You dont need to take a picture...just look when its light out. It is clearly visible by just looking up under there. I will take a pic though if it helps the situation.

Also, if you got your stock exhaust back from when you put the Meisterschaft on...just look at it to see if the rubber thing is still on there.

I know for sure that it is there because when I was under the car earlier today to confirm what was on the plate and to look for the green marking I noticed it and wondered, "what the hell is that there for?"

Didn't make much sense at the time, but it is crystal clear now. I don't suppose that is good news for you though. At least our process of elimination is working.
      10-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #79
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
I gotta think the cat-back would get you very close to what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Tuned1 is running now, or at least he was (may have his downpipes by now too). Maybe he can chime in with a helpful word.
I'm runing the GT exhaust with the resonator mid-pipe.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #80
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
Now that I have been running the axle-back for a few weeks, I can't imagine how bad-ass it would sound with mid-pipes too.
      10-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #81
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
is it loud?!?!

i am thinking of doing the midpipes without resonators
      10-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #82
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Wait wait wait...so you have the HP system? and it has the same ID plate as mine? Plus yours has "HP" written on the muffler.

I just looked at mine...it has "HP" in green marker on the side of my muffler as well.

So i'm pretty sure I got the HP system...NOT the GT system like I wanted, and ordered.

I'm pretty sure you have the HP version. The GT version has the added metal split down the rear pipes. Of course, I was one of the first buyer's of the GT version so they could have changed it since I bought it.

My car:

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #83
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
is it loud?!?!

i am thinking of doing the midpipes without resonators
It's great but I want to go louder (ie. catless dp's).
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #84
xjet04
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you have the HP version. The GT version has the added metal split down the rear pipes. Of course, I was one of the first buyer's of the GT version so they could have changed it since I bought it.
That vertical split is gone now. Mine doesn't have it.
      10-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #85
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That vertical split is gone now. Mine doesn't have it.
hmmm....what exactly was the point of the vertical split?!?
      10-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #86
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
hmmm....what exactly was the point of the vertical split?!?
Changed the sound pitch a bit from what I was told.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #87
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Changed the sound pitch a bit from what I was told.
i would be curious to know in what way?!?!
      10-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #88
retrodrive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Neither GT nor HP have the split. It was originally there for the GT version as a design feature but it got negative feedback. That's why they decided to remove it. If there is a demand for the split tips, they can make a comeback on demand.

Peter
Automotive Connoisseur Group / EXECstudio
Appreciate 0