BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apiasto View Post
Should be a decent set up... I have an 08 manual with magnaflow and active tune feels great ... I'm thinking about gutting the secondaries since when you cut your midpipe you'll see its about 10-14 inches down from the cats.. I wanna do the charcoal filter delete with a drop in k&n... And then saving up for supersprint headers and a re tune (maybe after a disa manifold :P)
Arent you concerned about the smell if you do a no cat system??
I was but I miss it... I was catless on my rsx... I said I'd never do it again but screw it the power is addicting
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #24
Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_128i
yeah i do want a more aggressive tone so that's really the reason for the exhaust mod, just don't want it to sound like a 85 civic with a cherry bomb on it. i have read alot of people saying they do notice a difference from just deleting the resonator?? my friend deleted the resonator from his M3 and said he noticed a difference as well. down the line maybe a header and down tube will be in order with hi-flow cats, we'll see.
I was always hesitant about deleting the resonators... The point of the resonators is to cancel out the annoying "Honda" frequencies... Curious to see how it sounds...some cars can get away without them
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #25
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apiasto View Post
I was but I miss it... I was catless on my rsx... I said I'd never do it again but screw it the power is addicting
Keep the secondaries, they mitigate all the smell. Much lower power gains from removing them too.
      06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #26
urbanjunglist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_128i View Post
well your couplon code didn't work, but they were offering a coupon for any order offer $500 as a spring promotion. so i just got the magnaflow exhaust for $575, free shipping to my door. that works for me!! i'm pumped!!

hoping the intake, exhaust and powerbox will all compliment each other nicely!!!
congrats man! Can I ask - specifically - which Magnaflow exhaust system did you get? I'm shopping as well, same 08 128i
Appreciate 0